Start by marking “His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)

His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal #2)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  213 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
She’s everything this desert king shouldn’t want…

Spurned and publicly humiliated by the father of her child, Princess Emmeline d’Arcy has no ring, no wedding date, and no legitimacy for her unborn child. And the last straw? Having to trade in her gilded lifestyle and pretend to be her twin sister, otherwise known as Sheikh Makin Al-Koury’s personal assistant.

Accustomed to
Published June 19th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about His Majesty's Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Majesty's Mistake

Tia
Apr 13, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
I need to be completely honest when I say that this is probably one of the best recent books dealing with sheikhs out there. The story line was so new, welcoming and full of awesomesauce. I truly enjoyed it and instantly fell in love with all the characters. The hero and heroine are a perfect blend and make everything passionate, cocky and amusing. Not to mention the love and sacrifice described in the book is beautiful. READ IT!!
Kate
Aug 11, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating -- 4.5 stars

The was perhaps the best redemption of a secondary character from another book (in this case, Not Fit for a King). I really didn't have high hopes for liking the heroine because she came off as immature and selfish in the previous book. However, I ended up empathizing with her. And the hero (that rare "soft" alpha male) was wonderful as well!
sbf20112011
Apr 17, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
This was pretty enjoyable. I liked the way the hero was drawn to the heroine against his will, and I loved how protective he was. The last scene was great and dramatic -- I liked how the hero didn't give up on her.
Alex is The Romance Fox
BOOK SUMMARY: She's everything this desert king shouldn't want... Spurned and publicly humiliated by the father of her child, Princess Emmeline d'Arcy has no ring, no wedding date and no legitimacy for her unborn baby. And the last straw? Having to trade in her gilded lifestyle and pretend to be her twin sister, otherwise known as Sheikh Makin Al-Koury's personal assistant. Accustomed to being waited on hand and foot, Emmeline finds herself having to jump to the click of her boss's skillful fing ...more
İnci Puyan
May 23, 2015 İnci Puyan rated it liked it

Jane Porter'in okuduğum ilk hikayesiydi ve sevdim.Konu bütünlüğünü ve Şeyhli falan olması hoşuma gitti. Bir tek Harlequin kitaplarında Şeyhleri okuduğumu düşünülürse cidden çok hoş bir değişiklik oluyor.

Yazarın kurgusunu sevdim, uzatmadan, hemen konuya girip,her şeyi yine uzatmadan tatlıya bağlaması çok güzeldi. Sadece karakterlerin birden birbirlerine aşık olmaları ya da aşık olduklarını fark etmeleri pek hoşuma gitmedi. Gerçi kısacık bir hikaye de anca
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Jun 25, 2012 Sara HarlequinJunkie rated it it was amazing
My Blog: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Super Alpha Sexy Compassionate Sheikh + Sassy Pregnant Emotionally strung Princess = WINNER!!

You will instantly fall in love with Princess Emmeline d'Arcy and Sheikh Makin Al-Koury and will be emotionally vested from the get go. I love how protective Makin is of Emmeline even though he is drawn to her against his will.

Jane has a style that is uniquely her own. What really takes this book from good to truly amazing is the storytelling; not only is it vivid
Moran
After reading Not Fit For a King? my impression of Emmeline wasn't very positive and she seemed like a selfish person and I wasn't sure how much I'll enjoy her story but I'm very glad I gave the book a try since I found out that first impression can be wrong!

As soon as I started reading His Majesty's Mistake I realized how wrong I was to think that Emmeline is a selfish person and how her personality is very different than what the media and the people around her see.

Emmeline is a 25 year old th
Paula Legate
Mar 20, 2015 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence

I think I have found a new favorite Author. This is the second book I have read by Mrs. Jane Porter. Both books were really good, and both were packed high with emotions. The story's just drew me in.

In this story Emmeline got her twin sister Hannah to switch places with her. It was only suppose to be for a day or two. Alejandro had told Emmeline that he loved her. Had convinced Emmeline to lose her virginity to him. When Emmeline finds out she is pregnant, she tried to call him. He blocked all
Jessica
Jul 06, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
In Not Fit For A King?, Emmeline is portrayed as a snotty, stuck-up, selfish Princess who only cares about herself. Because of this, I wasn't too thrilled to read a book from her point of view, but I'm really happy I did! Because literally everyone in her life has misinterpreted her. She's not a spoiled princess, but a helpless girl who just wants to be happy and loved.

When Emmeline had switched places with Hannah, it was to find Alejandro, a notorious player, and tell him about their baby that
Penny Ramirez
Maybe 3.5 stars. I shouldn't punish the story for the fact that I was asked to review it for the Booksellers Best Awards, and it happens to be the second book in a series. Of course I haven't read the first, and didn't have time to hunt it down before I read this one.

It was a nice twist on the "princess and the pauper" tale, with twins separated at birth and raised on different continents, who decide to switch places based on their remarkably similar looks. They don't figure out that they really
Dalia
Sep 02, 2012 Dalia rated it really liked it
I like a good surprise !! Turns out that the spoiled, selfish princess was an unhappy & insecure girl who just wants to be loved. Her adoptive parents always belittle her & make her feel worthless.
Enter Makin, our sheihk hero. I really like when a hero turns his alphaness into tenderness and his power & strength into caring & protection. Makin was that & more. He was what Emmeline really needed to find her inner strength & fight her insecurities.
My only complaint : ever
Marlene
Jan 22, 2013 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Princess Emmeline d’Arcy of Brabant, who was engaged to marry King Zale Patek, was storming through Mynt Lounge, one of South Beach’s trendiest night clubs, in search of Alejandro Ibanez, Argentina‘s star polo player. Pregnant, unwed and engaged to another man, Princess Emmeline was on a mission to get answers from Alejandro. For five years he had chased her and she had turned down his advances. In a state of weakness she succumbed to his advances and gave up her virginity. All it took was that ...more
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Sep 12, 2012 Donna McBroom-Theriot rated it it was amazing
Jane Porter is known for her endearing romances and His Majesty’s Mistake is no exception. In this book, we get to know Princess Emmeline, as she impersonates her sister as Sheikh Makin Al-Koury’s personal assistant.

And, just as you might think, Emmeline makes a complete mess of things, leading the sheikh to suspect things are not on the up and up.

Hannah has been the sheikh’s personal assistant for five years, and in all of that time he has never been attracted to her, so why now does he sud
Diah Didi
Okay, so this is not as great as the first book, Not Fit for a King? And got a glimpse of Emmeline in the first book and how her idea got Hannah (and her) into trouble made me think of her as a selfish and impulsive princess. At some first pages reading this book, I still did. But then, just like Sheikh Makin Al-Koury got to know her better, I did too.
I gotta say I like Makin character better than Emmeline, although most of the time I refuse to read any romance with Arabic hero in it. Any title
Monica Tillery
Aug 01, 2012 Monica Tillery rated it really liked it
Beautifully written, fabulous story! I loved Not Fit for a King? and was so excited to get my hands on this title. His Majesty's Mistake is the other side of the story--what Emmeline is up to while Hannah is playing princess in Raguva. When I first started this book, Emmeline was not my favorite person! I thought she was reckless, self-involved, and kind of selfish. Jane Porter manages to bring out the most lovable characteristics so that before I knew it I was rooting for Emmeline just as I had ...more
Roub
Nov 21, 2014 Roub rated it liked it
i loved how makin cud not resist emmeline! he was hot for her from the 1st! he also fell for her before she fell for him, lol. quite rare in an HP, a hero actually reveals his feelings in his POV before heroine.
Lenore Kosinski
Jul 23, 2012 Lenore Kosinski rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
3.5 stars -- well, Ms Porter accomplished it...I really wasn't sure how I would feel about Emmeline after the previous book, but I really liked her. She was so completely different from Hannah, and raised in completely different circumstances...and at least her behavior was totally explainable... The reason I rounded down for the 3.5 stars instead of rounding up like Not Fit For A King? was because her insecurities dragged a little too close to the end of the book...it was hard, like "not again" ...more
Figlet
Jul 23, 2012 Figlet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-romances
As the companion to "Not Fit for a King?", I knew that I would like this romance, if only for any slight continuation of Hannah & Zale's story I could get, which I did. Unsurprisingly, I really enjoyed this tale as well. I liked the difference in tone, and it's more tender and tentative love story. Specifically, I liked Makin's protectiveness and Emmeline's embrace of maturity and responsibility.

If I ever come across a Jane Porter novel that I don't recommend, I'll let you all know. Until t
Jan 12, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
a satisfying end to these two books.
Janice

This was a great book. The best hp I have read in a long time. I really enjoyed it. Sheikh Makin was a wonderful alpha hero. This was the second book in Porter's Royal Scandal Series. I really liked the first book, but liked this one even more. After reading the first book, I didn't think I would like Emmeline very much, but I was wrong. I was so glad she got her happily ever after.
Annalynn
Aug 21, 2012 Annalynn rated it really liked it
Sequel to my enjoyable surprise beach read - I didn't think I would like Princess Emmeline, but there is always another side to a story. She had a great romance with the Sheikh, and these are fun, quick reads.
Dar
Jan 30, 2013 Dar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was good read, Emmeline and Makin were awesome together and it was good to see how the finalized story from the book before came to fruition.
Janine
Feb 05, 2013 Janine rated it really liked it
Shelves: jane-porter
I couldn't wait to read this book after reading Not Fit For A King. As with the first, it is just as much fun of a read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Royal Scandal
Category: Classic Romance

Merged review:

Miniseries: A Royal Scandal
Category: Classic Romance
Odessa Nance
Nov 14, 2012 Odessa Nance rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The book was interesting and entertaining. I enjoyed the book.
Abby
Aug 09, 2013 Abby rated it it was amazing
I just love Jane's sheiks and kings! Can't help but enjoy a Harlequin HEA.
Melissa
interested to read the other sister's story as well.
Tanya Mayes
Nov 10, 2012 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing
Good read I was really happy how the books direction went.
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Hatalı Seçim Mayıs 2013

Şeyh okumayı özlemişim yahu
Leona
Aug 18, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it
Cute, fun entertaining read.
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • Defying the Prince
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • The Man Behind the Scars
  • Enemies at the Altar
  • His Marriage to Remember
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • What Lies Beneath
  • Captive but Forbidden
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • Santina's Scandalous Princess (The Santina Crown #3)
Born in Visalia, California, I'm a small town girl at heart. I love central California's golden foothills, oak trees, and the miles of farmland. In my mind, there's nothing sweeter in the world than the heady fragrance of orange blossoms on a sultry summer night.

As a little girl I spent hours on my bed, staring out the window, dreaming of far off places, fearless knights, and happy-ever-after endi
More about Jane Porter...

A Royal Scandal (3 books)
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
  • Midnight in the Desert Collection

“Makin, my friend, I thought you were just seeing her safely home."
"I was."
"What happened?"
"I couldn't let her go.”
3 likes