Start by marking “All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results” as Want to Read:
All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results

All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  204 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
To have any hope of succeeding as a manager, you need to get your people all in.

Whether you manage the smallest of teams or a multi-continent organization, you are the owner of a work culture—congratulations—and few things will have a bigger impact on your performance than getting your people to buy into your ideas and your cause and to believe what they do matters.

Bests
Published April 3rd 2012 by Free Press (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about All In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All In

Angel
This was like other business management books I have read. There are some good ideas in it, but overall, the book is one you can scan for the main points. The authors draw on extensive surveys and corporate examples to make their points. However, after a while, you get a bit tired of hearing yet another story from some corporation, and to be honest, at times, some of the stories seemed a bit "pie in the sky." When I read books like this, I am looking to see what I can learn in terms of leadershi ...more
Libbi
May 21, 2015 Libbi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is no different than any other management style encouragement book. Maybe I'm disenfranchised from my company's lack of ability to change - but they all just irritate me more than give me hope when my company assigns them to be read.

So, in terms of readability - it was fine. No major epiphanies, and no major flaws with writing style... neither was it particularly engaging. Its a normal middle-of-the-road for this genre type-book.
Jon
Jun 29, 2016 Jon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a great book. I was quite frustrated with my management team but I had a really hard time putting my finger on exactly why. Reading this book helped crystallize my feelings. Unfortunately I haven't yet had the opportunity to put any of those lessons into practice since I'm no manager. But I have added this book to my library and will pull it out and give it another read when it becomes more relevant. Highly recommended.
Noreen
Feb 09, 2016 Noreen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The message here is to take care of your employees in many different ways. Enabling them with proper equipment, schedules, education, and staffing are just some of the ideas that will drive your business forward. Excellent idea to have managers work the front line for a minimum of 4 hours a week.
Pete
Feb 22, 2015 Pete rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the topics on belief and rewarding good behavior, which reinforces the desired behaviors over time and hardwires into the culture.
John Gurney
A concise book of examples managers have successfully used to better engage employees. This work deserves credit for its appropriate focus on the fact your employees are your public face. People do not just work for the paycheck; virtually everyone wants to contribute to something bigger and better. But few companies inspire their workers to get psychologically "all in". Unhappy or uninspired employees don't delight customers. A small number of companies thrill customers. Most managers will find ...more
Todd
Jan 01, 2014 Todd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of the lessons and advice were obvious, i.e., why it's important to form partnerships, recognize employees, and create open lines of communication. The Accountability chapter was by far the most useful and one that is worth reading and re-reading. A lack of accountability, impacts credibility, stifles growth, creates insecurity, and lowers morale.
Rick Patch
Solid. I will keep on my shelf and reference. It has some of the classic beliefs that I support. Much of it aligns very closely to books written by Patrick Lencioni (which I really like). I think this book dragged on too long to make the points. On the positive, anything that helps all of us be sincerely focused on people becoming engaged in their work is worth reading - everyone wins when culture is healthy.
Paiman Chen
Dec 28, 2015 Paiman Chen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well structured writing style. Yet summarizing key points, reminders etc which are very inspiring.
Michelle
Nothing really earth-shattering or new here. I was hoping for something a bit more practical in nature. I also didn't like that they seemed to only interview members of human resources and management, rather than the average employee in terms of gauging the success or failure of their practices.
Fred
Aug 02, 2014 Fred rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book if you are looking for ways to change or improve the culture of your workplace, community, team or family. Excellent current examples of where these methods are working and examples of where the culture is failing and why.
Wendy
May 23, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has great information but I think it would be better to read it rather than listening to it while driving. I would have liked to take some notes and didn't have the opportunity so may read the print version soon.
Richard Lloyd
Oct 07, 2013 Richard Lloyd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. An easy read with lots of ideas to implement to help change/encourage cultures. Lots of anecdotes gave context to the ideas which helped the reader either adopt or discard as appropriate or otherwise.
Gary Hines
Not a bad read - but one to review on occasion. I plan on keeping this one and adding to my reference shelf for future needs. Especially for Chapter 12.
Rick Yvanovich
Oct 16, 2012 Rick Yvanovich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership

Several good and ready to use ideas that anyone who has to lead people ought to know
Jeanne
Some solid concepts. A little hard to find applicability for small organizations.
Michelle Cable
Has some good ideas. Also reminds you that sometimes the simple is the way to go.
Bill Donhiser
Good Business book like many a few good ideas a little too much filler
Paula
good reminder of importance of perspective
Mike Wilkinson
Aug 12, 2012 Mike Wilkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many good ideas and concepts for the office.
Roma
Mar 27, 2013 Roma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sneezable book!
www.blurb4u.wordpress.com
Jiwa Rasa
Boleh tahan. Tiada idea baru.
Paul Austin
Paul Austin rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Kingers1
Kingers1 marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Patricia Mcmillan
Patricia Mcmillan is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2016
James
James added it
Jul 10, 2016
Cheng Hui
Cheng Hui marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Ryan
Ryan is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2016
Gregory
Gregory rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2016
BhBookBeat
BhBookBeat marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
  • The Pledge: Your Master Plan for an Abundant Life
  • The Complete Sailor: Learning the Art of Sailing
  • Home-Ec 101: Skills for Everyday Living - Cook it, Clean it, Fix it, Wash it
  • The Italian Country Table: Home Cooking from Italy's Farmhouse Kitchens
  • Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being
  • Your Killer Emotions: The 7 Steps to Mastering the Toxic Emotions, Urges, and Impulses That Sabotage You
  • There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery
  • The Practice of Adaptive Leadership: Tools and Tactics for Changing Your Organization and the World
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life
  • Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill: With More Than 125 Bold New Recipes
  • Tilt: Shifting Your Strategy from Products to Customers
  • Beyond Bath Time: Embracing Motherhood as a Sacred Role (True Woman)
  • Night School: Wake up to the power of sleep
  • Sarabeth's Bakery: From My Hands to Yours
  • Pot on the Fire: Further Exploits of a Renegade Cook
  • The Quick Recipe
  • Simple to Spectacular: How to Take One Basic Recipe to Four Levels of Sophistication
  • How to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniques

“Great cultures share information daily, even hourly.” 1 likes