Start by marking “All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results” as Want to Read:
All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results

All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  18 reviews
To have any hope of succeeding as a manager, you need to get your people all in.

Whether you manage the smallest of teams or a multi-continent organization, you are the owner of a work culture—congratulations—and few things will have a bigger impact on your performance than getting your people to buy into your ideas and your cause and to believe what th
Published April 3rd 2012 by Free Press (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about All In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All In

Angel
This was like other business management books I have read. There are some good ideas in it, but overall, the book is one you can scan for the main points. The authors draw on extensive surveys and corporate examples to make their points. However, after a while, you get a bit tired of hearing yet another story from some corporation, and to be honest, at times, some of the stories seemed a bit "pie in the sky." When I read books like this, I am looking to see what I can learn in terms of leadershi ...more
Libbi
This is no different than any other management style encouragement book. Maybe I'm disenfranchised from my company's lack of ability to change - but they all just irritate me more than give me hope when my company assigns them to be read.

So, in terms of readability - it was fine. No major epiphanies, and no major flaws with writing style... neither was it particularly engaging. Its a normal middle-of-the-road for this genre type-book.
Pete
Really enjoyed the topics on belief and rewarding good behavior, which reinforces the desired behaviors over time and hardwires into the culture.
John Gurney
A concise book of examples managers have successfully used to better engage employees. This work deserves credit for its appropriate focus on the fact your employees are your public face. People do not just work for the paycheck; virtually everyone wants to contribute to something bigger and better. But few companies inspire their workers to get psychologically "all in". Unhappy or uninspired employees don't delight customers. A small number of companies thrill customers. Most managers will find ...more
Todd
Most of the lessons and advice were obvious, i.e., why it's important to form partnerships, recognize employees, and create open lines of communication. The Accountability chapter was by far the most useful and one that is worth reading and re-reading. A lack of accountability, impacts credibility, stifles growth, creates insecurity, and lowers morale.
Michelle
Nothing really earth-shattering or new here. I was hoping for something a bit more practical in nature. I also didn't like that they seemed to only interview members of human resources and management, rather than the average employee in terms of gauging the success or failure of their practices.
Fred
Great book if you are looking for ways to change or improve the culture of your workplace, community, team or family. Excellent current examples of where these methods are working and examples of where the culture is failing and why.
Wendy
This book has great information but I think it would be better to read it rather than listening to it while driving. I would have liked to take some notes and didn't have the opportunity so may read the print version soon.
Richard Lloyd
Very good book. An easy read with lots of ideas to implement to help change/encourage cultures. Lots of anecdotes gave context to the ideas which helped the reader either adopt or discard as appropriate or otherwise.
Gary Hines
Not a bad read - but one to review on occasion. I plan on keeping this one and adding to my reference shelf for future needs. Especially for Chapter 12.
Rick Yvanovich

Several good and ready to use ideas that anyone who has to lead people ought to know
Jeanne
Some solid concepts. A little hard to find applicability for small organizations.
Michelle Cable
Has some good ideas. Also reminds you that sometimes the simple is the way to go.
Bill Donhiser
Good Business book like many a few good ideas a little too much filler
Paula
good reminder of importance of perspective
Mike Wilkinson
Many good ideas and concepts for the office.
Jiwa Rasa
Boleh tahan. Tiada idea baru.
Jose Regalado
Jose Regalado marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Angela Pimental
Angela Pimental marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Frankie Saucier
Frankie Saucier marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Gustavo Hernandez Moreno
Gustavo Hernandez Moreno is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
  • The Complete Sailor: Learning the Art of Sailing
  • Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being
  • The Italian Country Table: Home Cooking from Italy's Farmhouse Kitchens
  • Night School: Wake up to the power of sleep
  • The Practice of Adaptive Leadership: Tools and Tactics for Changing Your Organization and the World
  • How to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniques
  • Strip Off Your Fear: Radiate the Confidence Within
  • Professional Baking
  • New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant, rev
  • Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can't Afford to Miss
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life
  • Yours in Truth: A Personal Portrait of Ben Bradlee, Journalism's Legendary Editor
  • The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level
  • A Song in the Night: A Memoir of Resilience
  • Mentoring 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know
  • The Planets
  • Classic Home Desserts: A Treasury of Heirloom and Contemporary Recipes from Around the World
  • In the Sweet Kitchen: The Definitive Baker's Companion
The Carrot Principle: How the Best Managers Use Recognition to Engage Their People, Retain Talent, and Accelerate Performance The Orange Revolution: How One Great Team Can Transform an Entire Organization The Levity Effect: Why It Pays to Lighten Up The Invisible Employee: Realizing the Hidden Potential in Everyone The 24-Carrot Manager

“Great cultures share information daily, even hourly.” 1 likes