Start by marking “The Book of Burger” as Want to Read:
The Book of Burger

The Book of Burger

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  20 reviews
A Simon & Schuster eBook
Published June 5th 2012 by Atria Books (first published May 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Burger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Burger

Kevintipple
If you are looking for some variety with your burgers, Rachel Ray has the book for you. After a brief introduction to burgers as well as her preferred meat blend, it is on to the recipes in this book published last June. While there are recipes for outside grilling, Rachel Ray thinks of burgers as a year around deal. The Book Of Burger isn’t just about burgers, despite the title.

The book opens with a section titled “Burgers” made of beef veal, pork, chicken, veggies and other things. The section
Erika
I am in love with Rachael Ray. I used to think she was cute and I liked to watch her cook and I liked her food but her persona annoyed me. I put the television on mute and just watched her go in the kitchen. But then - I got to go to a book signing and discussion. And she really is funny, and smart, and cool, and laid back and not cutesy at all which surprised me and me love her more. And that girl can cook a burger.
Cristin Messinger
I like Rachael Ray as a food personality but I am not a huge fan of her recipes. This book is nice for her section on side dishes and alternative burgers.
Kayleigh Donnelly
This cookbook is a staple in my kitchen. Prior to this book I ate burgers maybe once every three weeks, now I eat them about once a week. There are so many delicious recipes with beef, chicken and turkey. I'm actually gluten free so I always eat my burgers without a bun and these are so tasty I don't feel like I'm missing a thing. In fact, so many of these burgers are so amazing and filling, my family and friends chose to lose the bun too. I highly recommend this cookbook!
Ruth
Well, you don't really "read" a cookbook as much as peruse it and attach yourself to a various recipe or two. All I can say is that--in this case--you also ogle the photos and salivate over the amazing burgers pictured here. The one I really want to try soon is "5-Spice Burgers with Warm Mu-Shu Slaw." Oh me, oh my. Or perhaps the "Cheeseburger Egg Rolls With Russian Dipping sauce." Hohhhhhh! And for those cooks who really just make up their own recipes, I suppose you could experiment enough on y ...more
Katherine
A must-read for summer BBQ-ing! There were a lot of nice looking burger recipes in here! As well as some tasty looking sides and sauces to go with those burgers.
The ones I thought looked the best and would totally try making were:
- French Onion Dip Burgers
- Sauerbraten Burgers
- 5-Spice Burgers with Warm Mu Shu Slaw
- Jerk Burgers
- Brooklyn Beer Chili Sliders
- Fried Chicken and Biscuit Sliders with Smoky Chard
- Sloppy Porchetta (this is in the chapter on sloppy joes, or in Rachel Ray lingo, "Slopp
Mike Gabor
I enjoy cooking for myself and I especially like burgers and dogs. This book is filled with different recipes for both. Most everything is pretty simple to make (a must for me). I especially enjoyed a recipe for kielbasa dogs. I'm of Polish origins and usually turn my nose up at the smoked kielbasa in the supermarket but this recipe really turned out quite well. I guess now that I'll have to add 50 burgers eaten in 2013 to my 50 books read in 2013.
Tracey
11/3/12
first recipe i did was on pg 20. it's called Grilled Cheese Burgers with Bacon and Tomato. i switched the swiss cheese with provolone, the ground chuck with regular ground beef, the white bread with italian bread, and the dijon mustard with chipotle BBQ sauce. it seems like i changed the entire recipe but i stuck with the seasoning for the burger and the core ingredients. it came out really good. 4 out of 5 stars.
Lee
This is one of Rachael Ray's best! I was not familiar with her cookbooks before, but love burgers so I picked up a copy and adore it. The photos alone are drool-worthy, and the recipes are for those with all levels of cooking experience. She even has a recipe for her best ever burger, something I have on my must-try list. If you think you know burgers, you have a surprise coming. Don't miss this book.
Linda Larsen
You will get food poisoning if you follow the cooking instructions in this poor excuse for a cookbook. Shame on you, Ms. Ray for being so completely irresponsible. Ground meats should NEVER EVER be cooked medium rare. More than 100,000 Americans are hospitalized for food poisoning every year in this country, and 3,000 die. And this disgusting book will add to that number.
Melissa Schmidty -Schmidt
This is one of those books that makes you change your plans for dinner. I'll be making the French onion burger before the week is over and it never occurred to me to make homemade tator tots........but now I know how (recipe pg 250!) should the urge to do so ever arise. :D
Linda Larsen
You will get food poisoning if you follow these recipes. Ms Ray does not know the first thing about food safety. I wonder how many people have been hospitalized after eating one of her horrible recipes. I have absolutely NO respect for her.
Amy
A great recipe book. A wide range of variety for burgers and sandwiches as well as tips on grinding your own hamburger meat. I borrowed this form the library but plan on buying a copy for myself.
Katey Thompson
Maybe I`m picky, but I like a little patter from my cookbooks, not just the recipes. The Recipes looked good, but details! Give me more information than just the basic how-to.
Actually i'm not a huge fan of this book simply because i don't use those dressings and sauces that she purshased from store!!!
I want dressing that i can make it by myself
Chris
This will be next to my grill for the summer. I might not like her persona, but her books always include a few recipes that end up in my permanent rotation.
Carolyn Bay
Great recipes. Some of them look like lots of fun to make. Great for serving to friends or taking to a pot luck barbecue.
Natasha  A.
Borrowed from the library....
Went and bought 2 days later!
Love the different ideas!
Beka
Some really great burger, slider, sloppy joe, and side dish ideas.
Derise Rehm
This is one of her best!!! Along with 365 no repeats!!!
Wendell
Wendell marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Earthh Mh
Earthh Mh marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Alena
Alena marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Jam
Jam marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Susan Dizon
Susan Dizon marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
  • Grilled Cheese Please!: 50 Scrumptiously Cheesy Recipes
  • Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
  • Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
  • Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • The Best of Cooking Light: Over 500 of Our All-Time Greatest Recipes
  • Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life
  • Gordon Ramsay's Home Cooking: Everything You Need to Know to Make Fabulous Food
  • Ancient Grains for Modern Meals: Mediterranean Whole Grain Recipes for Barley, Farro, Kamut, Polenta, Wheat Berries & More
  • Bake Until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • The America's Test Kitchen Cooking School Cookbook
  • The Chinese Takeout Cookbook: Quick and Easy Dishes to Prepare at Home
  • SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
  • Home Made Winter
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • The Tucci Cookbook
  • Waffles: Fun Recipes for Every Meal
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho
More about Rachael Ray...
Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats: A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners 30-Minute Meals 30-Minute Meals 2 Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals