Start by marking “The Unstoppable Golfer: Trusting Your Mind & Your Short Game to Achieve Greatness” as Want to Read:

Dr. Bob Rotella is the preeminent golf psychologist to the game’s top players—he has coached stars like Keegan Bradley, Padraig Harrington, and Darren Clarke—and he has offered his advice to golfers of all skill levels in his bestselling books, including Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect and Golf Is a Game of Confidence. Now, he tackles the mind’s role in the most difficult as ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Free Press (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Unstoppable Golfer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unstoppable Golfer

Dave
May 30, 2012 Dave rated it it was amazing
I love the short game in golf. There's no question that striking a full shot is satisfying and momentarily rewarding, but quite frankly there's a certain sameness to it that fails to hold interest very long. The short game, though, is predicated on variety. Chips, pitches, bunker blasts, bump-and-runs, digging a ball out of the collar of rough a dozen feet from the pin--every shot is different, every shot makes you think, and every shot really, really counts. And then there is putting, which is ...more
Matt
Jul 08, 2015 Matt rated it really liked it
As someone who can fall into the trap of playing "golf swing" rather than golf, this is a well-written, very actionable book for getting out of your own way, and getting yourself to give "the same, low-level of importance to each shot" and staying in the present (which Rotella calls "going unconscious"). I appreciated the real examples from tour and club players, as well as specific practice guidance.

A I'm a huge fan of Bob Rotella's teaching, and his instruction will help you score. The only re
Daniel Judge
Dec 31, 2013 Daniel Judge rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
As always, Dr. Bob has great advice. It's been almost a month since I read this book and it has changed my game. I don't get made nearly as much as I used to and I have a lot more confidence in my short game.

My two favorite quotes:

1. "If a golfer has confidence in his short game - if he looks forward to opportunities to show it off on the golf [course] - it helps him to calmly accept whatever happens on the course."
2. "No matter where it ends up, I am going to accept it, go get it, and score wit
Dennis Willingham
Jan 18, 2013 Dennis Willingham rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, book, golf, 2013
I didn't think it was as good as some of Rotella's other books. While it tried to emphasise the short game, there was nothing about the book that was really all that short-game specific other than the ancedotes told. Like all his books, I feel inspired to go out and play after reading it, but I'm having a hard time putting my finger on any particular thing I'm going to do differently after reading this.
David Chabot
Jun 04, 2016 David Chabot rated it really liked it
Through repetition and explanation, Rotella highlights a few keep components of a successful performer. The book is about golf, but many key lessons can be applied to real life situations. The book didn't change my life, it just rephrase key thoughts to perform in golf. It could be game changing for beginning golfers who want to perform though.
Scott
Jun 24, 2013 Scott rated it really liked it
Nothing here that will be groundbreaking for Rotella fans but nonetheless it sets out his principles in probably the most concise form yet. On a par (pardon the pun) with his seminal 'Golf is Not a Game of Perfect' and, in a similar vein to that book, this is one I can see myself returning to it whenever the principlies need reinforced.
Burt
Jun 12, 2012 Burt rated it it was amazing
Everyone of his books is outstanding but this is by far the best. If you love golf you have to read this book.
Joe A
Aug 23, 2016 Joe A rated it really liked it
A really good book on the Mental Game of Golf. Will probably come back to this book from time to time, as there were some really good chapters.
Richard J
Richard J rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Tyler Smies
Tyler Smies rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Taylor Froiland
Taylor Froiland rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Larry Norton
Larry Norton rated it liked it
May 22, 2016
Mark Whatmore
Mark Whatmore rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2012
John Fisher
John Fisher rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Mitch Wayne
Mitch Wayne rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
George
George rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Derylbrock
Derylbrock rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2013
Francis
Francis rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
G. Peterson
G. Peterson rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
David S
David S rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Rodrigo
Rodrigo rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2012
Nick Anthony
Nick Anthony rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Miss Katrina Tweedie
Miss Katrina Tweedie rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2016
Chad
Chad rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2012
Gregory C. Garland
Gregory C. Garland rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2015
Darlene Wilkins
Darlene Wilkins rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
ally
ally rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2014
Daniel Nel
Daniel Nel rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Bc
Bc rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Jason Way
Jason Way rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Full name: Robert J. Rotella
More about Bob Rotella...