50 Things Liberals Love to Hate

50 Things Liberals Love to Hate

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  19 reviews
America, how does the liberal hate thee? Let us count the ways . . .

It’s hard work being a liberal these days. Not only do a mere 20 percent of Americans identify themselves as liberal, but one could go broke supporting a skinny double-decaf Starbucks habit. On top of that, when you hate things most Americans love, it’s tiring to have to endlessly corr...more
Published August 28th 2012 by Threshold Editions (first published June 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate

Donald
When I hear the word Liberal, I immediately think Democrat. But that's not entirely correct. The same goes for Conservative and Republican. These are really terms which belong on a grand sliding scale. If you start with Conservative, you can move on to Repulican, say. Then on to Progressive-Republican, Democrat, Progressive-Democrat, Liberal, Socialist, and on to Marxist. I'm sure someone could shoehorn another term in there somewhere, but at least you get the idea.

Liberals are really a fun bunc...more
E. Scott
Wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, and on target!
Steven Shroyer
Let me be upfront here: I am a libertarian. We're sort of the bastard children of both parties. We're too into Free Markets and the people's right to not have the government interfere with our lives, for the Democrats and Republicans. I don't mind liberals, some of my friends are liberals(A shout out to my bizarro soul sister Raye Roeske is in order) but the one thing that ticks me off is a smug liberal. A liberal that thinks they need to convert me. Thankfully Mike Gallagher has put out this bo...more
Velvet Olsen

This book was recommended to me by a friend that is an extreme conservative. Over all the book is over the top with how much liberals hate things. While I am a conservative I don't feel all liberals are as extreme as the author describes. I sometimes felt like the liberal he was describing so maybe I lean towards the middle.

Anyways, if you lean far to the right you will love this book. If you lean far to the left probably not so much.

I listened to the audio version and while the author is rea...more
James Watnem
If you read this book with an open mind AND heart....if you believe in your country and LOVE it, then at the conclusion of reading, you will experience two emotional controversies. You will probably love your country more yet feel fearful of her future as it is being run into the ground by the powerful elitist liberal left-wing of America.

Using logic and a whole lot of rare common sense, Gallagher becomes the modern day Thomas Paine. He warns us while he entertains. He scares us while we laugh a...more
Jimmy Mcphink
I did enjoy this book but because I know liberals as well as I do there really wasn't a whole lot of new stuff for me to consider nor did it really expand my way of thinking a lot. It was a good book that was well written with good points and had a lot of good quotes. I am glad I read it but he was definitely preaching to the choir. If you are a conservative you will like this book. If you are a liberal you will hate it, just like the other 50 things in this book you already hate.
Ann Warner
I am infact a libral. But I just thouraghly enjoyed this book! It was witty and humourous. All with out being a crazy eextremist like Ann Coulter. This was hillarious, and I have to be frank a lot of what he said I totally agree with! Now obviously he also said some really dumb stuff, but obviously since he is infact a republican! haha jusk kindding. But really it is refreshing to have a nice book made to make fun of librals without being nasty. It was a quick and amusing read! And very well wri...more
Kristin
You should only read this if you enjoy being made really angry by contradictory and plain old ludicrous statement. Or, I suppose, if you're a raging Republican. That would work, too. As I fit neither of these categories, I spent most of the 350 pages being really enraged (though, I'll admit, it did produce a giggle or two - but mostly just growls).
Angie
I didn't hateit because of the title. It's just that nothing made sense. How can I hate Wal-Mart and small business? How can one hate boys AND girls? That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would I hate success and taking chances? I legitimately took a chance on this book and it bit me in the liberal ass.
Aaron
I'm a Mike fan, but this book was too much of a sad rant. What is his thing with vegans? Mike, I am a conservative vegan. Best thing I ever did for my health. To paperbackswap this book goes. Hopefully another swapper will enjoy it more than I did.
Brigitte
While the convention got repetitive, overall I found the book really funny (and sometimes sadly illuminating with the facts). Much of the sections about academia certainly rang true with my experience.
David
Mike has great sense of humor and clearly hits liberals where they are in life, If you read it with his satirical insight, you will enjoy regardless of politics.
Michael B
Done - not bad - overall a good book - I wondered a time or two but quickly found something new to laugh about.
David Pfeiffer
A good book! Always good to know the methodology and mindset of the liberal propaganda machine!
Angela
Very entertaining and informative! I really enjoyed reading it.
Rachael
Yea....I don't think you want to know what I thought about this book.
Mike
I never knew I could love something as much as this book.
Danny Smith
Excellent book. Very informative and funny.
Monica Deleon
Monica Deleon marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Benedict
Benedict marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sonic the Hedgehog Archives: Volume 1 (Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, #1) Sonic the Hedgehog Archives: Volume 2 (Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, #2) Sonic the Hedgehog Archives: Volume 3 (Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, #3) Sonic the Hedgehog Archives: Volume 4 (Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, #4) Sonic The Hedgehog Archives: Volume 11 (Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, #11)