Start by marking “50 Things Liberals Love to Hate” as Want to Read:
50 Things Liberals Love to Hate

50 Things Liberals Love to Hate

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
America, how does the liberal hate thee? Let us count the ways . . .

It’s hard work being a liberal these days. Not only do a mere 20 percent of Americans identify themselves as liberal, but one could go broke supporting a skinny double-decaf Starbucks habit. On top of that, when you hate things most Americans love, it’s tiring to have to endlessly correct/educate/fix/enli
Published August 28th 2012 by Threshold Editions (first published June 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate

Donald
Sep 21, 2012 Donald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
When I hear the word Liberal, I immediately think Democrat. But that's not entirely correct. The same goes for Conservative and Republican. These are really terms which belong on a grand sliding scale. If you start with Conservative, you can move on to Repulican, say. Then on to Progressive-Republican, Democrat, Progressive-Democrat, Liberal, Socialist, and on to Marxist. I'm sure someone could shoehorn another term in there somewhere, but at least you get the idea.

Liberals are really a fun bunc
E. Scott Harvey
Oct 20, 2012 E. Scott Harvey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, and on target!
Bookish Jen
Okay, liberals, tell me the things you hate. Off the top of your heads you probably mentioned the biggies like racism, sexism, homophobia and all sorts of bigotry. You hate environmental degradation, corporate greed, and the growing chasm between the haves and the have nots. You’re also probably not fond of the Bush administration, Fox News, the religious right, and the Tea Party.

However, according to Mike Gallagher, liberals hate things like apple pie, John Wayne, small businesses, and the Amer
Lana Glover
Feb 17, 2015 Lana Glover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hysterical read. Definitely tongue-in-cheek, but sadly, mostly true. Mike's writing style is humorous and will keep you from crying when you realize there really are people like this! I know, because I used to be a liberal. Lol.
David
Dec 19, 2013 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book! Always good to know the methodology and mindset of the liberal propaganda machine!
Angela
Jan 11, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining and informative! I really enjoyed reading it.
Danny Smith
Oct 20, 2012 Danny Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Very informative and funny.
Steven Shroyer
Jan 13, 2013 Steven Shroyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me be upfront here: I am a libertarian. We're sort of the bastard children of both parties. We're too into Free Markets and the people's right to not have the government interfere with our lives, for the Democrats and Republicans. I don't mind liberals, some of my friends are liberals(A shout out to my bizarro soul sister Raye Roeske is in order) but the one thing that ticks me off is a smug liberal. A liberal that thinks they need to convert me. Thankfully Mike Gallagher has put out this bo ...more
Thomas C Wilson Jr
Confused about how liberals see America? Mike Gallagher can help!

Funny, insightful, and plenty of facts to back up his reasoning. I never miss an interview with or an article by Mike Gallagher. His commentary is intelligent, funny, and, as my British cousins say, "spot on." If you love America but don't quite "get" the liberal mindset and worldview, then read this book. Highly recommended!
Velvet
Nov 20, 2012 Velvet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was recommended to me by a friend that is an extreme conservative. Over all the book is over the top with how much liberals hate things. While I am a conservative I don't feel all liberals are as extreme as the author describes. I sometimes felt like the liberal he was describing so maybe I lean towards the middle.

Anyways, if you lean far to the right you will love this book. If you lean far to the left probably not so much.

I listened to the audio version and while the author is rea
James Watnem
Feb 10, 2013 James Watnem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you read this book with an open mind AND heart....if you believe in your country and LOVE it, then at the conclusion of reading, you will experience two emotional controversies. You will probably love your country more yet feel fearful of her future as it is being run into the ground by the powerful elitist liberal left-wing of America.

Using logic and a whole lot of rare common sense, Gallagher becomes the modern day Thomas Paine. He warns us while he entertains. He scares us while we laugh a
Jimmy Mcphink
I did enjoy this book but because I know liberals as well as I do there really wasn't a whole lot of new stuff for me to consider nor did it really expand my way of thinking a lot. It was a good book that was well written with good points and had a lot of good quotes. I am glad I read it but he was definitely preaching to the choir. If you are a conservative you will like this book. If you are a liberal you will hate it, just like the other 50 things in this book you already hate.
Ann Warner
Jan 29, 2013 Ann Warner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am infact a libral. But I just thouraghly enjoyed this book! It was witty and humourous. All with out being a crazy eextremist like Ann Coulter. This was hillarious, and I have to be frank a lot of what he said I totally agree with! Now obviously he also said some really dumb stuff, but obviously since he is infact a republican! haha jusk kindding. But really it is refreshing to have a nice book made to make fun of librals without being nasty. It was a quick and amusing read! And very well wri ...more
Kristin
You should only read this if you enjoy being made really angry by contradictory and plain old ludicrous statement. Or, I suppose, if you're a raging Republican. That would work, too. As I fit neither of these categories, I spent most of the 350 pages being really enraged (though, I'll admit, it did produce a giggle or two - but mostly just growls).
Angie
Nov 21, 2012 Angie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't hateit because of the title. It's just that nothing made sense. How can I hate Wal-Mart and small business? How can one hate boys AND girls? That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would I hate success and taking chances? I legitimately took a chance on this book and it bit me in the liberal ass.
Aaron
Apr 22, 2013 Aaron rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm a Mike fan, but this book was too much of a sad rant. What is his thing with vegans? Mike, I am a conservative vegan. Best thing I ever did for my health. To paperbackswap this book goes. Hopefully another swapper will enjoy it more than I did.
Brigitte
Feb 11, 2013 Brigitte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the convention got repetitive, overall I found the book really funny (and sometimes sadly illuminating with the facts). Much of the sections about academia certainly rang true with my experience.
David
Nov 29, 2012 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mike has great sense of humor and clearly hits liberals where they are in life, If you read it with his satirical insight, you will enjoy regardless of politics.
Michael B
Oct 10, 2012 Michael B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Done - not bad - overall a good book - I wondered a time or two but quickly found something new to laugh about.
Rachael
Jan 29, 2013 Rachael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yea....I don't think you want to know what I thought about this book.
Dave Burns

Dull so far.
Garret Rose
eh...
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Stephanie Henry
Stephanie Henry rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Rigby
Rigby marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Ryan Hastings
Ryan Hastings rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Karen Smedberg
Karen Smedberg rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

“Have a seat in a liberal restaurant, and you’re assaulted with all sorts of rules and information. No substitutions. Everything organic. They’ll tell you the name of the farm the lettuce comes from, the variety of tomato in the salad, and probably even the name of the hardworking chicken who donated the eggs. But they won’t ask you how you want your steak. They won’t ask you anything, actually. At liberal restaurants, they tell you what you’re going to have.” 0 likes
“Liberals hate the Pilgrims for their religious faith and devotion, but they should hate the Pilgrims because the Pilgrims learned the hard way that liberalism just doesn’t put food on the table. Collective farming is a recipe for collective starvation. No sense of ownership means no sense of personal responsibility. The Pilgrims learned it in 1620. The French learned it in 1789. (Although they could stand to learn it again.) The Soviets learned it in 1989. The Chinese are learning it right now. And when everyone is hoping that someone else will put food on their table, it creates not only starvation—it creates discord.” 0 likes