ABC ZooBorns!

ABC ZooBorns!

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  48 reviews
“ABC” means “Animal Baby Cuteness” in this darling alphabet book from the creators of ZooBorns.com.Calling all animal enthusiasts—the ZooBorns are back! It’s time to scamper through the alphabet with a herd ofirresistible zoo babies. Featuring adorable animal photos, zippy text, and a fact-filled glossary, this just might be the cutest ABC book ever to hit the shelves!...more
Published July 24th 2012 by Beach Lane Books (first published May 1st 2012)

Joella www.cinjoella.com
Oh, I love this book! But then again I also loved ZooBorns. And I love alphabet books. So between the two, I am just extremely happy about how well this book turned out. Each page has a beautiful picture of a ZooBorn, in alphabetical order of course. There is a small blurb that gives a little more information about the animal. And then at the end of the book there is even more information. Plus...there is a little mystery about what animal is the "Z" animal. I'll give you a hint...it’s not a zeb...more
Kandice
A is for Adorable
B is for Babies
C is for Check it out at your local library!!!

ABC Zooborns is an alphabetical compilation of newborn animals from various zoos. There are animals in this book that I have never heard of before. For example, D is for dhole -- AWESOME!

I’m certain we will be borrowing this from our library again and again.
cute overload!
Brienz Wilkening
This book was SO cute!! I found myself saying "awwwww" and "so adorable" on almost every page. This book would be perfect for younger students who are learning their ABCs. Besides the babies being so cute I loved how at the end of the book there is a paragraph about every animal mentioned in the book. It also talks about where those babies are and what species they are. This is a cute way to introduce kids to different animals as well.
Tara
This is a cute book that not only teaches younger students their ABS's, but also introduces them to possibly unfamiliar species of animals! The photographs are oh-so-sweet and will capture boys and girls alike! I love that the back matter contains a classification list of all the animals mentioned with a description and conservation status (plus a key so readers understand what this means).
Celticoracle
This book captured both Mini-Me and me from the first page. She was enthralled by the pictures of the baby animals, and proud to identify the ones she knew. And in a great addition over many ABC books, each animal gets a sentence or two of description, giving some great context for Mini-Me, and helping Mommy learn a thing or two as well. I may well buy this for our collection.
This book is a great picture book to read to kindergarteners as you teach them about the alphabet. Not only does it help the children to review their letters, it also helps them to learn different animals. I love how the pictures are photos. While reading this book, you can have your students guess what animal will go with each letter.
Jan Rue
May 19, 2013 Jan Rue added it
Shelves: ed-689-books
Written by Andrew Bleiman (2012) New York: Simon & Schuster. This is a great ABC book of newborn zoo animals from A to Z. There are cute photos and names of each animal. And then captions of the animal talking in first person about something they are doing in the photo - C is fo cheetah. You found my secret hiding place. Shhhh, don't tell amyone! or K is for koala. I was born to cuddle. Mom's furry hug is just so snug. The photo are very colorful and show the babies off perfectly, like you a...more
Ina
From Anteater to a photo spread of all of the zooborns this concept book is filled with amazing photographs of all sorts of adorable baby animals. Some are familiar (giraffe, hippo , and rhino) while others are less so (tapir, nyala, vicuna, and yak). Truly awesome and a real story time audience pleaser.
Marissa Reyes
The text ABC Zoo Borns by Andrew Bleiman is an absolutely adorable children's book as it appeals to a child's favorite topic when they are young and that is baby animals. When the alphabet is combined with beautiful pictures of new borns, the children will learn the material a lot quicker and remember it for a longer duration of time. The illustrations were my favorite part because it gives children the ability to see the animals up close and personal instead of looking at a drawing in which wou...more
Samantha
If you enjoy looking at pictures of animals, especially newborns, this is the ABC book to bring into your classroom! Adorable baby animal pictures are paired with their letter from the alphabet, with little captions of what the animal is doing. At the end of the book there is a great section that gives a paragraph or so about each animal, stating where they stay at the zoo and how they live in the wild. This is an awesome book for pre-school and kindergarten students when learning their alphabet...more
Vicki
The photographs used in this book are the best thing about it. I like the large size alphabet letters used on each page, but the extended text seems forced/not cute.
Lacey
Totally in love with this book and will definitely have to buy it. Such cute baby animals that I want my daughter to grow up seeing. Great cute book! Must have!
Brea Mcqueen
OHHMYYGAWWWD! These little Zoo Babies are to die for.
The Marmoset killed me. CUTE OVERLOAD.
Five stars for cuteness.
Lake Agassiz Regional Library
ABC ZooBorns! is filled with adorable brand-new baby zoo animals from A to Z. So unbelievably cute!
Samira
The only things missing are okapis and kinkajous!
Kayla
** ABC ZooBorns! is a great book to use in a kindergarten class or a pre school class. it helps the kids with their alphabets and it also teaches them about different animals other than domestic animals like dogs,cats,horses, etc.

i like that the animals in the ABC book are different and animals that little kids have not heard of yet. the book doesn't have a dog or a cat it has cheetahs and hippos in it. it teaches them new animals they haven't been exposed to yet and it also teaches them their...more
PWRL
May 28, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
A
Andrea
Oct 16, 2013 Andrea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: nsta
A cute version of the typical ABC book. I t has the letters of the alphabet but it also shows real pictures of exotic baby animals and a short, easy sentence to accompany each picture. The addition of the sentence makes this book more versatile within a wider age range. It would be a great way to introduce a jungle or animal lesson for any age. Parents could also take their child, and the book, to the zoo for a day of learning!

It's an app too!!
Warnie B.
Ummmmm...how could I think this is anything other than adorable (especially because ZooBorns is one of my favorite things in all the internet)??? It's a pretty simple, quiet book, that will be really good for bedtime, I think. And there are a couple of animals included that kids might not know, which could be good or bad, depending on your perspective. Anyway, I dare you to read it and not say, "awwwwwww!" at least eight or nine times!
Maggie
I loved this book! It was so adorable and was a really good read. I liked how the animals talked in first person, and that this is a baby animal picture book! It was nice how there was a very quick little way for kids to learn something about the animals through the animal's voice, and then there was a little more in depth explanation of the animals and where you can find them also. Recommend for animal lovers!
Patrick Antenucci
A learn-the-alphabet type book that doubles as an animal learning book. Good for younger ages. Well taken photography that shows many animals as nurturing parents, which leads to a good bonding moment for parent and child as they read. In the back there is a glossary that gives some information about the animals as well as their current level of endangerment if there is any for them.
Kristen Dota
This book was such a fun creative cute book to read! While looking at each of the baby animals and learning a little about them, children are also learning their alphabet. I love animals so I really enjoyed guessing what animal they chose to come next, also I was trying to figure out what letter Z animal could be and was quite surprised when it wasnt a zebra! Great book!
Tori
I absolutely loved this alphabet book. It had a cute picture of a baby animal for each letter of the alphabet. The pictures were adorable and and the book was well written. I would recommend this book to any teacher. In addition to learning the alphabet, you could also teach children things about each animal.
Kelley Beatty
This book was super cute, it goes through each alphabet letter and for each letter it shows you a baby animal that starts with it. The pictures are marvelous. The illustrator and the author worked really well together to put this book together. Really cute and fun early childhood book.
Laura Salas
This is the cutest book ever (pair it with Animal Friends by Catherine Thimmesh for more wonderful animal photos). The text is fine, but the photos of baby animals totally steal the show for me.

A is for anteater.
I slurp up snacks with my extra-long
tongue. Anyone for ants? Yum!
John Hostetter
A quick and informative a-z book about different animals, with a little info about each one. This book is intended for younger readers, and is very basic vocabulary. This book is set up more like an informative book than a picture book but students will still like to see the photographs!
carissa
Calling all animal enthusiasts! It's time to scamper through the alphabet with a herd of irresistible zoo babies. Featuring adorable animal photos, a zippy text, and a fact-filled glossary, this just might be the cutest ABC book ever to hit the shelves!
Heather
When I read this book I thought it was the cute thinking that I have ever seen in my life. The reasoning being is that it when though the ABC with every animal that is out with the letter that it goes with. I really like what they did with this book.
Desiree Kulewsky
I think this is the right way to give children facts, in this case about animals. Its sweet, simple and to the point. They also get a wide variety of animals to learn about. Some they will know and others you can introduce them to.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Alex the Parrot: No Ordinary Bird: A True Story
  • My First Day
  • Two at the Zoo
  • Beep and Bah
  • Stick!
  • Dolphin Baby!
  • Wild About You!
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Let's Sing a Lullaby with the Brave Cowboy
  • Santa Duck
  • Mice
  • Me Want Pet!
  • What To Do If An Elephant Stands On Your Foot
Andrew Bleiman is a lifelong animal nerd who serves on the Auxiliary Boards of the Lincoln Park Zoo and Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. In his day job he develops new media strategy for the Bradford Group.
More about Andrew Bleiman...
ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World ZooBorns: The Newest, Cutest Animals from the World's Zoos and Aquariums ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos ZooBorns The Next Generation: Newer, Cuter, More Exotic Animals from the World's Zoos and Aquariums Welcome to the World, Zooborns!