Start by marking “The Christmas Sweater: A Picture Book (with audio recording)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The Christmas Sweater:...

Glenn Beck

The Christmas Sweater: A Picture Book (with audio recording)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Adapted from the bestselling adult novel, The Christmas Sweater: A Picture Book is the story of a young boy who finds the true meaning of Christmas in the most unlikely of places.

Eddie wants a bicycle for Christmas, but his mother knits him a homemade sweater instead. His disappointment is obvious, but a magical journey with his whimsical grandfather makes Eddie realize th
Published October 4th 2011 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Sweater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Sweater

Laurie
Maria Barci
THIS WAS SUCH A FABULOUS BOOK. I CANNOT EXPLAIN ENOUGH THAT THIS BOOK DEPICTS THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS. IT LITERALLY WAS SUCH A BREATH OF FRESH AIR. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. I CRIED FROM THE FIRST PAGE ALL THE WAY TIL THE END. IT WAS JUST SUCH A TOUCHING YET HEART WRENCHING INTENSE STORY ABOUT A STRUGGLE FOR A YOUNG BOY TO UNDERSTAND LIFE AND WHY THINGS TURN OUT THE WAY THEY DO. A BOOK BASED ON GLENN BECK'S ACTUAL CHILDHOOD, AND LET ME TELL YOU THE MAN HAS ACTUALLY REALLY STRUGGLED. IT IS AMA ...more
Lori
Cute book, all about how sometimes what you really want for Christmas (i.e a new toy) isn't really what you thought you wanted for Christmas. The little boy in the book at first really wants a new bike, but in the end he loves his Christmas Sweater, because it is handmade and has "Christmas magic". In other words, the gifts that really allow you to spend time with your family are the most important gifts of all. Good moral for children to learn in an age where the most expensive toy is seen as t ...more
Cactuskid
Thought I wrote a review on this. Anyway a good story about the troubles of a boy who wanted a bike for Christmas but received a sweater his mother had made instead. She did not have the money to buy a bike at that time. How his anger was misdirected and bottled up inside him and how he eventually became aware of what was happening to him. A good story about life.
Teri
This was a great, heart-warming, feel-good book. A light read, and a touching story about how a young boy learns what is truly important in life. It also serves to remind the reader of that very same thing. It's a short book, and easy to read right before the holidays. Highly recommended.
*HOLLY*
This is, obviously, the Children's version of Glenn Beck's "The Christmas Sweater". I first read the original book, then saw the live production. Since I loved it, I picked up the this children's book, read it, then bought it for my little sister.
this book is useful for showing young children that there are different ways to cope with loss and how if you believe in God then you should turn to him and he will be there when you need him most.
Nancy Mcmahan
have read more than once. gave to my grandson to read and he called and asked why i would give him a book that made him tear up. i told him to finish it and he would love the book. he did and he did.
Verona
I loved this story by Glenn Beck in its original novel form, and this one was just as appealing with the pictures. It conveys a powerful message to all of us, young and old.
Juliej
Good enough to add to the books to pull out during the holidays, to remind us that gifts aren't what's important. I like the illustrations. The book has a vintage feel.
Tracy
It was OK, it mostly read like a Richard Paul Evans Christmas book. A bit too preachy at the end for me, but it was based on his personal life changing experience.
Christine Sunderland
Dec 12, 2009 Christine Sunderland rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All children, all young at heart
Wonderful! I cried. Great illustrations and text. Giving it to three grandchildren for Christmas. What a find!
Teri
Really nice picture book, with a good message. I was originally leary of Glen Beck, but I definitely recommend it.
Ana
Recently bought it on clearance. One I will try to reread to my children before Christmas every year.
Nora
This book shows that memories of experiences can be more meaningful than possessions.
Amy
I know there's an adult version of this book that I have not read, but this children's version is very sweet!
Jessica
Really cute story about Christmas gifts and our reactions towards them.

Picture Book
Maryann
This is a sweet picture book with old fashioned values about a grandfather and grandson.
Lisa
Dec 04, 2009 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: drakeljd@ctc.net
As soon as I finished this book I started reading the full version of it
Irasema
A very sweet story about the things that truly matter.
This is a great Christmas story for kids.
Terry
Good family message and beautiful illustrations.
Cole Finnian
Cole likes the snowglobe in this book...
Kathryn
Feb 16, 2010 Kathryn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathryn by: Qt
Shelves: christmas
Thanks for the recommendation, Q! Sounds great!
Becky
I thought this was a touching story.
Lu
Very good; meaning of life and love
Curt
almost cried. almost I said.
David
This was one of those that I couldn't stop reading and it really stirred me up.
Candi
  • Angelina's Christmas
  • Santa Mouse
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
  • The Spirit of Christmas
  • The Dolls' Christmas (Tasha Tudor Collection)
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • Harold at the North Pole
  • Santa Duck
  • The Carpenter's Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree
  • How Santa Got His Job
  • Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?
  • Christmas Cookies: Bite-Size Holiday Lessons
  • Dragon's Merry Christmas
  • Mortimer's Christmas Manger
  • The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
  • The Golden Ring: A Touching Christmas Story about Giving, Faith, Love, and Loss
  • The Biggest, Best Snowman
Glenn Edward Lee Beck is one of America's leading radio and television personalities. His quick wit, candid opinions and engaging personality have made The Glenn Beck Program the third highest rated radio program in America and Glenn Beck, one of the most successful new shows on the Fox News Channel. His unique blend of modern-day storytelling and insightful views on current events allowed him to ...more
More about Glenn Beck...
The Christmas Sweater Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine Agenda 21 Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government The Overton Window (Overton Window, #1)