Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Caregivers: 101 Stories of Love, Sacrifice, and Bonding” as Want to Read:

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Readers caring for an ailing family member will find support and encouragement in these stories by others like them. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Caregivers will inspire and uplift family members who are making sacrifices to make sure their loved ones are well cared for.

Do you have a family member who requires constant care? You are not alone. This collection offers s
Published March 13th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Freda Labianca
Jan 15, 2016 Freda Labianca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
If you have ever had to take care of a loved one, you will know how hard it is, but also how self-rewarding it can be.
Before my own dad died, he needed care, and a home was not going to happen. That's where I came in as well as his girlfriend. She went and woke him up each morning and made sure he had breakfast and his medicine, then she went to work. I would go there in the late morning, visit, then make his lunch. Also making sure he took his insulin. Then I would engage him in more conversat
Dayana
Jun 23, 2012 Dayana rated it it was amazing
El título de hoy toma como eje para los 101 relatos de Chicken Soup for the Soul la temática de los “Cuidadores familiares”, que vendrían a ser todas esas personas que tienen a cargo un familiar enfermo.

El libro se centra en particular en los cuidadores de personas ancianas y las enfermedades más comunes que pueden aparecen a una edad avanzada como la demencia y Alzheimer. Sin embargo, también hay algunos casos de chicos con autismo, esquizofrenia y de algunas personas que requirieron cuidados p
Ririn Marina
Most of the stories contributed had the "expected" endings...talking more about finding supports, making of life adjustments when a family member needs care giving attention etc.
Might be more inspirational to readers who are going through caregiving stresses at the moment.
Margaret
Jul 01, 2012 Margaret rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Shelton Interactive
This book arrived very shortly after my grandfather passed away. He had been living at the end alternatively with his different children. The time and events puts one to a lot of thinking. This book contains 101 stories of Love, Sacrifice and Bonding and I think it would make a very appropriate gift for anyone in your life starting to enter or already learning to be a family caregiver for a loved one. There is strength and endurance for seeing it through and also stories on saying goodbye at the ...more
Barbara Vey
Jul 08, 2012 Barbara Vey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since my story was in here, I'd be pretty dumb not to give it 5 stars. I wrote a story about connecting with my mom as she was dying with lung cancer, but it was an uplifting story. She gave me my love of reading and I'll be forever grateful.
Kathy
Nov 17, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read for anyone who is a caregiver or thinks he/she may become one. I wish I had read this prior to caring for my Mom or even when I first began caring for her. Great suggestions of others to read for caregivers as well.
Alia Salleh
Alia Salleh marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Julia
Julia is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2016
HiMaDaNaSyIr
HiMaDaNaSyIr marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Robin Phillips
Robin Phillips marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Jaea
Jaea marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Linda Benson
Linda Benson rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Sep 14, 2015
Naomi Carlin
Naomi Carlin rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Daniela Ramos
Daniela Ramos marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Erin Coulter
Erin Coulter marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Lena Styles
Lena Styles rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Helene Domi
Helene Domi rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Deidre Dorsett
Deidre Dorsett marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Isabella parker
Isabella parker marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Sandra Abbott
Sandra Abbott rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Debbie P.
Debbie P. rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2015
Meggan Ann
Meggan Ann marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Wendy D Shirley
Wendy D Shirley rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Jacqueline Liau
Jacqueline Liau is currently reading it
Jan 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Joan Lunden is an author, journalist and television host. She found fame as the co-host of Good Morning America from 1980-1997. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014. Lunden is the mother of seven and lives in Connecticut with her second husband.
More about Joan Lunden...