Start by marking “The Fallen 4: Forsaken” as Want to Read:
The Fallen 4: Forsaken

The Fallen 4: Forsaken (The Fallen #4)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,206 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Half angel and half human, Aaron holds the weight of the world in his hands in the fourth book of the New York Times bestselling The Fallen series.

The war between Heaven and Hell rages on. The devil has possessed Lucifer’s body and is intent on unleashing unfathomable chaos in the world. But no matter the cost, Aaron and the other Nephilim are determined to protect humanit
Published August 14th 2012 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Fallen 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fallen 4

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: PG-13
Overall: It’s was okay
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Things go from bad to worse
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Aaron

SUMMARY (60 words or less)
Still no audio. Anywho, I finished this paperback I’ve had for years and only picked up now. I just felt like the characters were running around without purpose even though there was “purpose”. I just didn’t feel like we got anywhere from the last book.

For a full revi
Melissa Marlow
May 03, 2013 Melissa Marlow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally finished it. I found it hard to read this time, only because of the devastation that the Nephilim are going through. Aaron, Gabrial (the amazing dog), Vilma, and Jermey have all returned. The darkness has grown strong, strong enough to engulf one of them. The beast is one that all of us know well, FEAR. They are presented an opportunity to actually make a difference and change the outcome, but the story doesn’t go like it should.

Jeremy is off with his mother, and a baby that speaks lik
Allison Soulier
Forsaken by Thomas E. Sniegoski is the fourth installment in "The Fallen" series. It was published by Simon Pulse in 2012. The book is 398 pages. I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars because even though the plot was still intriguing and was a good continuation of the first three books, the storyline still fell short because of the continuous switching among character dialogue. There also were many typos or incorrect word choices, which is a big deal for me because I take grammatical errors seriou ...more
Shaheen
Apr 03, 2012 Shaheen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forsaken is an apt title for the book, since it's about an Earth that has been cut off from heaven, and the dormant evil forces of the world have come out to play. To make matters worse, Satan (who is not Lucifer Morningstar) is determined to lead these beings in a bid to take over the world now that Heaven's influence has been stemmed. There are only a handful of Nephilim left to stand against him, and Aaron and Vilma have to pick and choose their battles carefully, condemning some people to di ...more
M Nogueira Rebecchi
Spellbinding to say the least! Hardly a day went by without me wanting to go on reading this novel. Gripping! You never know what's gonna take place in each chapter. Riveting to boot! There's always something cropping up when you're about to finish the chapter that changes everything so you do fancy reading on and – unbeknownst to you – you get to the end of the novel!
Jacquline
Mar
Aug 22, 2012 Mar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great! Just great! This installment to The Fallen series was excellent. All hell is breaking loose and Aaron and his friends are trying hard to get rid of the darkness. The only problem is that they keep running into one disaster after another. Things are looking good for the Nephilim.

This book finished filling in all the holes left of information. It had a good amount of action and mystery. The action is nonstop and keeps you captivated wanting to see what happens next. There's also new charac
Oct 21, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I'm quite exhausted now that I finally got to the end of book 4. But as fantastic as this story is, alas there is book 5 for me to get.

I'm so glad that my beautiful Nephilim is still alive, nearly had an attack when he was stabbed by Satan. He's not out of the woods yet, in fact (Spoiler allert) Nice cliff hanger of an ending.

I was quite concerned & then realised I was running out pages fast & knew then that there had to be another book, cause there was no way it was ending that f
P.M.
Feb 22, 2013 P.M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Darkness is coming earlier and lasting longer. It is bringing monsters of all types to harvest humanity. Aaron, Vilma, Melissa, and Cameron are the only Nephilim left to fend off the rising power of the Darkstar. Lorelei is wasting away and Dusty is consumed by visions from the Instrument. Lucifer is missing and Verchiel has returned. Somehow Aaron as the Chosen One, must find a way to reconnect Earth to Heaven. Some mysterious Architects and some creepy Sisters of Umbra are standing in his ...more
Elle
Apr 18, 2012 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book much better than any of the other books. Sniegoski seemed to take another stance I find the story making more sense with this book than the others even though he seemed to revamped the story line to extend the series. I like to follow a series to the end which is the only reason I found myself continuing it, but I'm glad now that I did seeing the story line pick up with more cohesiveness.

The Earth is separated from God and there is darkness, shadows and monsters pouring out fr
Billie-Jo
Still hate Vilma. And, her and Aaron come off as so shallow. Whenever one of them sees the other they think how good looking they are and that they love them. Never he/she's so smart, funny, kind etc. occasionally through out the book they'll think that, but it's rare. And Gabriel's storyline feels cheesy. As does Satan's. He's supposed to be evil incarnate, but he just came off as a spoiled brat who didn't get his way Roger/Enoch was a little out there, but interesting enough I'd like to see wh ...more
Marie
Dec 28, 2015 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As this book is part of a series and I don’t remember what happened beforehand, I can’t really put together an accurate description of my thoughts on character development, but I’ll try my best anyway. The character development and growth of all characters involved is pretty normal despite the circumstances – all the Nephilim have grown stronger and more ruthless as things get harder, and darker for them. Also, the world-building is pretty good too, however, you don’t see much of it as the major ...more
Jenny
Aug 23, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

*screaming* Argh!!!! Such a cliffhanger!!! I'm dying to have the 5th sequel of this book. At first, I thought the 3rd book was the end of it. But I was totally wrong... I was browsing new books in my favorite bookstore when I found this. I was really thinking... What the hell? 4th sequel of Fallen? So I grabbed it. And read it. And I as expected it has A LOT of jam packed actions scenes like the previous 3 books.

This book never fails to give me all kinds of emotions. Anger, sadness, love and ho
Carlos Eduardo
I finished the entire book in one whole day, I just could not put it down. Great work from Thomas Sniegoski and the narrative was amazingly written, even though there were places where (even for the realm of the story he had pushed to far, talking dog and mouse...) but I was pleasantly surprised and happily accepted that I was wrong.
One of the few flaws that I see now with the entire story arc is that now that I have enjoyed four great novels, how will it feel to finish the series with the next
Adam
Sep 12, 2012 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forsken is the fourth installment into the fallen series. book four picks up right where number three drops off lucifer has been posesed by Satan. the nephilim are dwindling in numbers and a new threat emerages from the shadows and has set irs sites on earth. I personally have always been a huge fan of these books, the story is amazing, the charcters are fun and realistic. the action continues from the last couple of books and the story continues to develop along with the charcters. this series ...more
Angi
Sep 20, 2012 Angi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one I'm giving a 3.5. Basically after the last one I just read it to finish the series because it was getting too crazy and depressing for me. It was a creative twist, but I just felt like it was too much. Anyhow, it started getting better- more things coming together and what not, while still staying fairly depressing- toward the end. Then much to my dismay I finished the book and discovered the next one doesn't come out until next year, sigh. So now I mush wait to see if the ending sucks ...more
Julie Baker
Oct 10, 2013 Julie Baker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first 3 so I tried and tried to get into this one and have finally conceded it. This one just doesn't work for me. It feels very much like he had a good thing going with the first three, but didn't know when to end on a high note - this one, for me, just drags the story on too long. I know there are others who love the series and loved this book too, so I'm probably in a minority here, but I'm throwing in the towel on it.
Michelle Lunn
Aug 15, 2013 Michelle Lunn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All these books keep me wanting more to see the Nephelium (half human half angel)trying to save the world from the darkness and the creatures in the dark. Its about good vs evil and it is very interesting to see this side of this. I dont want to say to much and give this away but it is worth the read if you like this kind of story.
Jobert
Sep 10, 2012 Jobert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bawi! This book is much much better than the previous. Tama lang ang drama, at ayos lang din action. Just enough not to be bothered by the ridiculous and stupid idea that Lucifer is not Satan. Yun lang talaga panira eh. Anyway anyway, I'm excited for the next and hopefully the final book. Tingnan natin kung matino ang ending.
May
I am/was a fan of this series. I had high expectations for this book. I couldn't really get into it though. I always found myself debating whether to pick it up again and continue reading or to do something else, come to say I still have not finished this. I doubt I'll finish it any time soon either.
Amanda
God I was hoping this is the last one Im so revved up for the big show down!!! God the Nephilim are awesome, seriously. Brave, loyal, self sacrificing. In this intallment they grow up more and as they have to fight this seemingly ever gowing Evil they learn alot more abou their capabilities. The ending just left me agravated I hate ABOLUTELY HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!
Naomi
Jun 30, 2014 Naomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: above-average
I enjoy Sniegoski's writing but I didn't enjoy this book as much as some of the earlier ones.

That being said it was still an interesting read. It's hard to imagine the situation getting any worse for the beleaguered Nephilim. I'm keen to read the next and apparently last installment.
Michael Blackmore
Jul 24, 2014 Michael Blackmore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Good but often sad penultimate volume of the series. Filled with set backs and spiraling threats to the lead characters to the point it made it hard to read, but still an entertaining reading as you wonder what is next. Already started the final volume to see.
Noelle Walsh
Sep 30, 2013 Noelle Walsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great novel by Mr. Sniegoski! I can't wait to get my hands on the next book to see how things turn out, whether Lucifer gets free and how that twist ending resolves itself! I'll eat that book almost as quickly as I ate this one!
Mandy
Nov 15, 2012 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow...I started off being a little bummed about this book because it was slow moving but then at about page 200 it just took off and was another awesome story. Ended with a crazy cliff hanger and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
Amanda
Feb 07, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Forsaken' the fourth book in Thomas E Sniegoski's "Fallen series is a wonderful addition to the series I found myself enjoying this one more than previous three I'm looking forward to the fifth and final book 'Armageddon' when it comes out on August 13.
Raechel
Feb 14, 2013 Raechel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, paranormal
Aaron and the Nephilim battle monsters who are attracted to the darkness now surrounding a God free Earth. The war between good and evil barely seems fair with the light diminishing and the forces dwindling. Surprises surface and shocks abound during this sixth installment in The Fallen.
Vanessa Horne
Jul 07, 2014 Vanessa Horne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was way different than the normal angel/demon novels you might read. It isn't focused so much on the romance like most are and I really liked that about this book. Can't wait to see what the fifth one brings!
Sara (Freadom Library)
Well, shit. I don't even know what to say.
This was way more intense than the last ones. Everything is so much worse than I could've ever imagined. Such high stakes, lives lost and betrayals. I have no idea how this series is going to end, I'm at a complete loss to be honest.
Stacy
Oct 10, 2013 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In spite of my meh attitude about the selective and erratic mixing of religion and mythology, I am enjoying this series. I like the twists and turns and the characters. I am looking forward to reading the conclusion.
  • Warrior (The Fallen, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Guardian's Grace (Guardians of the Race, #1)
  • Rising (Saga of the Setti, #1)
  • Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #4)
  • Everlasting (Kissed by an Angel, #5)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Destiny (Immortal, #4)
  • Protected (Spirian Saga, #1)
  • Twisted Heart (Dark Angel, #2)
  • Avenger (Halflings, #3)
  • Until the End (Final Friends, #1-3)
  • Sleeper Agenda (Sleeper Conspiracy, #2)
  • Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #1)
THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before ...more
More about Thomas E. Sniegoski...

The Fallen (5 books)
  • The Fallen and Leviathan (The Fallen, #1-2)
  • Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4)
  • End of Days (The Fallen, #3)
  • Armageddon (The Fallen, #5)