Start by marking “Torn (CSI Reilly Steel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Torn (CSI Reilly Steel, #2)

Torn (Reilly Steel #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  417 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Read the clues. Decode the science. Reveal the murderer.That's Reilly Steel's mantra. Find the answers, solve the crime. But the Quantico-trained forensic investigator is finding her skills aren't enough when a ferociously intelligent killer strikes Dublin.

The modus operandi is as perplexing as it is macabre. What connects the two seemingly disparate, high-profile victims?
Published September 13th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn

Georgie
A good follow up to 'Taboo', with a creepy, smart killer, a seemingly unrelated series of shocking and brutal deaths, and some cool forensic stuff. Reilly Steel is an interesting character who is smart and attractive but not perfect, and she refreshingly lacks the bitchy attitude a lot of writers seem to attribute to women working in or with the police - she's tough but she doesn't feel the need to 'prove' herself or bust the balls of the men around her (instead she deals with the difficult ones ...more
Marleen
Reilly Steel, Quantico-trained forensic investigator working for the Garda Forensic Unit in Dublin, is very experienced at what she does and thinks she’s seen it all. But even she raises a few eye-brows when she finds herself face to face with the remains of a journalist, found in his own sceptic tank where he has apparently been left to drown “in his own shit”.
The crime-scene offers little or no clues for the investigation and a look at the journalist’s personal and professional life by Detect
Sean Peters
Reilly Steel is back in the second book in the series, but the first one that I have read. She is called to a crime scene where a man is found dead in the septic tank in his back garden, starts off the way it continues with the whole book.

My first reading from this married couple Casey Hill.

It's like reading 2-3 episodes of CSI, with some gruesome reading, with the added relationships.

This book keeps at a fast pace, as you get to know the characters alongside Reilly Steel, heart pounding stuff
Anna Jesse
Inferno is alweer het tweede deel van het Ierse echtpaar Melissa en Kevin Hill. Een verhaal dat begint met een gruwelijke moord. Er wordt een man gevonden in een beerput. Reilly en het team gaan op onderzoek uit. Al snel wordt er een volgende moord gepleegd. Wat is de bedoeling van de dader, aan Reilly om daar achter te komen.

Het is dan ook maar goed dat boeken geen geur kunnen verspreiden. Het verhaal is ronduit goor en wordt goed beeldend beschreven. Casey Hill is dan ook een ster in het besch
Jo Ann Reinhold
This series keeps getting better!
In this book the killer is using Dante's Inferno as his playbook for his form of justice!
This investigation cuts close to home for one of the detectives and is faced with a moral dilemma, his job is to stop the killer, his feelings are a different story.
I can't wait to read the next book ans see where Casey Hill takes these complicated and enjoyable characters!
Adelaine Pek
Casey Hill, you are fantastic!

This may sound inappropriate but I LOVED how gruesome—artistic even—the murders in the 2nd installment of the Reilly Steel series is. In fact, I enjoyed this book more than the first. This series just keep getting better! The plot and theme that the Punisher (the villain or the vigilante depending on your moral standing) chose was extremely interesting! It was definitely artful, to design the murders around Dante’s INFERNO. Hill’s description as usual was amazing; y
Randy Daugherty
Reilly Steel, formerly of the California coast now a rooted Irish forensics investigator. She has seen her fair share of death and the evil men can do, but the recent murders are strange even to her.
The first a cop found dead up to his neck in ice water, the next a well known journalist though not a popular one was found in his septic tank, he had drowned in his own, yea, this was a weird one. As Reilly and her team investigate she begins to suspect that they may have a serial killer in their ha
C. Erani Kole
This is 3 stars for me, but I gave it another just because of the murder scenes. The plot and theme that the Punisher chose was extremely interesting! And the description- amazing.

Aside from the scenes, it's 3 stars because in the middle, it got very boring. The details and dialogue of the story were repetitive with the first book. It just didn't hold my attention like the first one did, and I think it's because the murders weren't as involved with the main characters as like with Taboo.

I would
Criticalmick
With gore and forensics enough to delight readers who love the CSI-style crime thriller, Casey Hill's Torn removes the genre far from that wearisome old hack Patricia Cornball's stomping grounds- delivering a solid mystery set in Dublin, Ireland.

Potted plot: former FBI surfer chick Reilly Steel uses her scientific-know how, pure determination, fancy gadgets and superhuman sense of smell to track down a baddie called The Punisher before can cover all of post-recessionary Dublin in bizarre corpse
Lainy
Time taken to read - 2 days

Publisher - Simon & Schuster

Blurb From Goodreads

Read the clues. Decode the science. Reveal the murderer.

Their corpses refuse to give up their secrets
Rowan
Strange that my Kindle copy is titled Inferno - A CSI Reilly Steel Thriller not Torn.

This would be a great read except for all the typos and extraneous symbols in the Kindle Edition. The story is tight and kept my interest all the way. The Hills just needs to hire a good proofreader and they will be set to go. I look forward to the next installment of the CSI Reilly Steel adventures.
Sheila
Reilly is a forensics expert from San Francisco to his head of a until based In Dublin, Ireland. When a serial killer is on the loose killing seemingly unlinked people it is Reilly's team that is tasked to stop the killer nicknamed The Punisher. I think I liked this one even better than the first - Taboo. It helped that it was a buddy read with my friend Betsy too.
Trish
Well, what can I say. It's a detective book.

We find Reilly investigating a series of curious crimes. Pieces of the puzzle lie sporadically about. Throw in, a very minimal, personal dilemma that I felt was just thrown in to lengthen the book. Of course, a will they/won't they mixture between her an Chris.

In my opinion, a very mediocre book.
Stacey
I am really enjoying this series and it is quickly becoming a favorite, as the characters are relatable and interesting. This one is a tad gruesome, but it is written more for the forensics/mystery than for gore. Unlike so many crime stories, the forensics folks seem real rather than quirky comical characters.
Ruth
Forensic Investigator Reilly Steel, Chris and Kennedy with aide of a profiler investigate various bizarre murder scenes inspired by Dante's circles of hell. The ebook I read was entitled Inferno so there was little mystery to the staging but I wasn't able to discover whodunit. Still a goodread. Like the characters.
Chava
Initially, this was one of those edge of your seat books. However, once the killer was revealed it just dragged on and on. I felt we didn't get a clear idea of what happened to the girl who got attacked at the end and the whole medical thing with Chris...not interested. Yeah, probably not really a 3 star, more like a 2 1/2, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
Definitely not a memorable book :(
Pat
Interesting premise although all the clues were there so I deduced many of the outcomes before they were revealed. Is that another way of saying it was a little predictable?
Reilly Steel is back in the second book in the series. She is called to a crime scene where a man is found dead in the septic tank in his back garden. He was a journalist who didn't make many friends with his articles but there seem to be no obvious suspects. Soon after another body is found. The murder was clearly just as horrific but it was completely different. Reilly has to work out whether they are committed by the same killer or is it someone different.

I loved the first book in the series
Beth Lechman
This book is full of twists and turns. Just when I thought I had it figured out it went in another direction. I love it when the book draws you in to the characers and keeps you guessing until the end.
Charlene Ralph
Bit disappointed with this book, found it really hard to get into compared to the first book of the series. Still going to try book 3 though
C.S. Wilson
I am truly enjoying this series. So much so that I'm off to buy the next in the series.
Elizabeth Johnson
Really happy I came across this author.
Sheila Norman-smith
Great book

Author keeps you on the edge of your seat with each chapter so you are done with the book before you know it.
Marilyn Groves
another solid entry in the CSI Reilly series. This serial killer is very clever, but faces our Irish team. Some new characters, some surprises, all together quite an enjoyable read (if you don't mind graphic crime scenes....)

Darn - appears to only be 3 books released in this series. Putting #3 in my 'get' list!

Mike Bason
Overall, an enjoyable read. the character development is a little thin, but there is a nice little mystery to get through. Make sure to read the first before this though as it will help with the characters.
Maureen
Amazing book can't wait to read the next one!
Vinca Russell
This is a somewhat disappointing follow-up to the first Reilly Steel book, which I enjoyed. The prose could do with some serious editing as it is very clumsy in places. The plot was ok, but predictable and although I finished it I won't be in a rush to read the next one.
Amira
awesome book, the plot twisting is natural and I have the need to keep a dictionary handy for all the new vocab I learned.
Jan
This is the second in the Reilly Steel series and was a very easy enjoyable read, the characters are easy to identify with and like and although the murders are gruesome they werent told in gruesome detail. I also like the fact that their set in Ireland so I can easily picture the places in my head and the mention of rural drogheda made me laugh as it is my home town.
  • You Are Next
  • The Killing Room (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #6)
  • The Cadaver Game (Wesley Peterson, #16)
  • The Reckoning (Maeve Kerrigan, #2)
  • The Keeper (D.I. Sean Corrigan, #2)
  • Touch
  • The Woman In Black (Jessica Daniel, #3)
  • Five Ways To Kill A Man
  • Death Mask (Dr. Anya Crichton, #5)
  • Stalkers (DS Heckenburg, #1)
  • The Soul Collectors (Darby McCormick #4)
  • Deity (Damen Brook, #3)
  • Like This, For Ever (Lacey Flint, #3)
  • Sex, Marry, Kill
  • Random
  • Good As Dead (Tom Thorne, #10)
  • Dead Scared (Lacey Flint, #2)
  • The Cleansing

Reilly Steel (4 books)
  • Taboo (CSI Reilly Steel, #1)
  • Hidden (CSI Reilly Steel, #3)
  • The Watched (CSI Reilly Steel, #4)
Taboo (CSI Reilly Steel, #1) Hidden (CSI Reilly Steel, #3) The Watched (CSI Reilly Steel, #4) CSI Reilly Steel 3 Book Boxset TRACE - CSI Reilly Steel #5 (Forensic novel Police Procedural Series)

“She settled her head back on her pillow, sighed deeply, and tried to relax, tried to let herself unwind and go back to sleep, but the harder she tried, the more sleep eluded her. Something was lurking there, hiding in a quiet corner of her mind, waiting to ambush her as soon as she started to drift off.” 0 likes