Start by marking “Muse” as Want to Read:
Muse

Muse (Muse #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The last thing Callie expected to receive for her sixteenth birthday was the power to freeze time. Before she can adjust to her new talent though, she discovers that her worst enemy, her best friend, and six other girls are all descendants of the nine Greek Muses, and are now blessed with various magic abilities.

Between visions of the future and ghosts of the past they com
Published March 19th 2012 by Asimi Publications (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Muse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muse

Sarah's Reviews
All Callie wanted for her sixteenth birthday was a drivers license - what she got, was the magical ability to freeze time. Pretty cool, unless you don't have a clue what's going on, and the only person who seems to know is your least favorite individual in the whole world. Then there's the matter of the monster on it's way to kill her. . .

MUSE is an easy flowing young adult read with strong links to Greek Mythology. It contains some language ("hell", The Lord's name in vain), injuries, fighting
Ayanami Faerudo
..... Whut?

Good concept. Terrible story development. Dang it.
Kristilyn
Thank you to Janica for sending me a copy of this book for review!

I found this book to be a delight from start to finish. It was perfectly paced and had just the right amount of action to keep me interested the whole time. In fact, when I started reading it, I was reminded of the TV show The Secret Circle — once I got the show in my head, it was hard to read about the main character, Callie, without seeing Cassie from the show, or to read about Clio without seeing Faye. That’s not to say that t
Iris
Read the full review at Witchmag's Boekenplank

I liked the concept of this book. However I wasn’t exactly thrilled with how it’s executed. While reading the book I felt that I was holding an unpolished gem. That could have shone like the brightest star, if only someone had taken the effort to polish it. Unfortunately, the story was unable to shine and throughout I only got glimpses of what great book this could have been. Such a shame…

As I said, I thought the concept was pretty interesting. I lov
Shirley
I had heard absolutely nothing about this book until I received a request from the author asking me if I wanted to read it. Janica L. Stoff then sent me a paper back copy in exchange for an honest review. It took me a while to actually pick it up and get started. For that I am genuinely sorry because it was a refreshing read.

I love paranormal and fantasy stories and I’m a sucker for anything that deals with mythology. Because of that, it should be no surprise that I liked Muse. Callie was one of
Mandy Sickle
I received this book in a giveaway, however it's a autographed copy so I'm super lucky.

The story centers mostly from Callie's point of view, she's your typical teenage girl trying to make it through school when she wakes up on her birthday to have the ability to freeze time. Her grandmother encourages her while her mother tries to kill it before anything can happen. Through they story Callie learns that she's a descendant from the Greek muses and that she's not the only one there are nine of th
Robin Tidwell
“The last thing Callie expected to receive for her sixteenth birthday was the power to freeze time.”

So where’s the sequel? When is it coming out?? Yes, “Muse” is that good!
Callie and her friends (or, in some cases, frenemies) form an alliance to fight evil with good – of course, it takes both time and thought to determine exactly who is the enemy and who and how they must fight. This group of high schoolers, however, is smart, savvy, and fearless and will likely triumph if all goes according to
Kathy Brady
I hadn't really been in a reading mood recently so I wasn't really expecting to get very far when I picked up Muse the other day. However once I started it, I just couldn't put it down. I love the characters in this story. They just jump off the page. Callie seems like exactly the kind of girl I would have loved to have for a friend when I was her age and her adventures are exciting and fun.
It's a blend of high school drama, Greek mythology, and teen fantasy and they work so well together to cre
Pedro
I happy to have received the book through the Goodreads giveaway program.

When Callie receives the power to freeze time in her sixteen birthday her life is turned upside down. To make the matters worst, her worst enemy seems to know her secret and a evil creature plots against them all.

It is a light and very pleasant reading reading. The style allows the reader to step on and find himself unable to leave it. A very good book, i just can't wait to read more from this author.
Nicole Deatherage
3.5 star rating.

I really wanted to like this book enough to give it a 5 star rating, but it was just a little too juvenile enough for my tastes. Callie was a likeable enough character, but there was something missing from the book as a whole. There wasn't enough Greek Mythology, and I figured out who the bad guy was like...five seconds after the character was introduced.
Nicole
I won a copy of this through First Reads and was pretty excited about it because I love Greek mythology. But I'm abandoning it (for now) because I'm just not getting into it. I'm withholding a star rating since I only read about a quarter in. It isn't bad but it's a bit "younger" YA than I was expecting and doesn't really mesh with my current reading proclivities.
Andrea
This is not my normal genre but I LOVED IT! Cannot wait for the next one!
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Angela Aubergine
Angela Aubergine marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Oceann Weeks
Oceann Weeks marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
App Sender
App Sender marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Antonia
Antonia marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Victoria Draeon
Victoria Draeon marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Ana Lelis
Ana Lelis marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Kenza Harrouch
Kenza Harrouch marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Sara Henley
Sara Henley marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Christina Rodriguez
Christina Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Jacquie
Jacquie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
  • Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)
  • The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow: Surreptitious Superhero
  • Awkward: A Survival Guide for When All You Can Do Is Cringe
  • Holding Back the Day
  • Under A Painted Sky (Spirit Warrior #1)
  • New Beginnings
  • Closer (A Discovery of Vampires, #2)
  • Twined
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Familiar Ties
  • The Book of Lost Souls (Ivy MacTavish, #1)
  • Momentum (Portal Chronicles, #4)
  • The Emerald City (Osland Trilogy, #1)
  • Nine Lives of an Urban Panther  (Diaries of an Urban Panther #3)
  • Black Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy, #2)
  • The Eyes of a Stranger (Nan's Heritage #4)
  • Stockings and Cellulite
  • The Half Life of Ryan Davis
Janica Stoff lives in St. Louis with her family. Besides writing, she enjoys making cakes, working in the yard, sewing and relaxing with a pint of Ben & Jerry's in front of the TV.
More about Janica L. Stoff...

Muse (2 books)