Start by marking “Muse” as Want to Read:
Muse

Muse (Muse #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The last thing Callie expected to receive for her sixteenth birthday was the power to freeze time. Before she can adjust to her new talent though, she discovers that her worst enemy, her best friend, and six other girls are all descendants of the nine Greek Muses, and are now blessed with various magic abilities.

Between visions of the future and ghosts of the past they com
Published March 19th 2012 by Asimi Publications (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Muse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muse

Sarah's Reviews
Feb 04, 2016 Sarah's Reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
All Callie wanted for her sixteenth birthday was a drivers license - what she got, was the magical ability to freeze time. Pretty cool, unless you don't have a clue what's going on, and the only person who seems to know is your least favorite individual in the whole world. Then there's the matter of the monster on it's way to kill her. . .

MUSE is an easy flowing young adult read with strong links to Greek Mythology. It contains some language ("hell", The Lord's name in vain), injuries, fighting
Ayanami Faerudo
Mar 08, 2013 Ayanami Faerudo rated it did not like it
..... Whut?

Good concept. Terrible story development. Dang it.
Kristilyn
Thank you to Janica for sending me a copy of this book for review!

I found this book to be a delight from start to finish. It was perfectly paced and had just the right amount of action to keep me interested the whole time. In fact, when I started reading it, I was reminded of the TV show The Secret Circle — once I got the show in my head, it was hard to read about the main character, Callie, without seeing Cassie from the show, or to read about Clio without seeing Faye. That’s not to say that t
Iris
Read the full review at Witchmag's Boekenplank

I liked the concept of this book. However I wasn’t exactly thrilled with how it’s executed. While reading the book I felt that I was holding an unpolished gem. That could have shone like the brightest star, if only someone had taken the effort to polish it. Unfortunately, the story was unable to shine and throughout I only got glimpses of what great book this could have been. Such a shame…

As I said, I thought the concept was pretty interesting. I lov
Shirley
Jun 10, 2012 Shirley rated it really liked it
I had heard absolutely nothing about this book until I received a request from the author asking me if I wanted to read it. Janica L. Stoff then sent me a paper back copy in exchange for an honest review. It took me a while to actually pick it up and get started. For that I am genuinely sorry because it was a refreshing read.

I love paranormal and fantasy stories and I’m a sucker for anything that deals with mythology. Because of that, it should be no surprise that I liked Muse. Callie was one of
Mandy Sickle
I received this book in a giveaway, however it's a autographed copy so I'm super lucky.

The story centers mostly from Callie's point of view, she's your typical teenage girl trying to make it through school when she wakes up on her birthday to have the ability to freeze time. Her grandmother encourages her while her mother tries to kill it before anything can happen. Through they story Callie learns that she's a descendant from the Greek muses and that she's not the only one there are nine of th
Robin Tidwell
Sep 19, 2012 Robin Tidwell rated it it was amazing
“The last thing Callie expected to receive for her sixteenth birthday was the power to freeze time.”

So where’s the sequel? When is it coming out?? Yes, “Muse” is that good!
Callie and her friends (or, in some cases, frenemies) form an alliance to fight evil with good – of course, it takes both time and thought to determine exactly who is the enemy and who and how they must fight. This group of high schoolers, however, is smart, savvy, and fearless and will likely triumph if all goes according to
Kathy Brady
Jun 07, 2012 Kathy Brady rated it really liked it
I hadn't really been in a reading mood recently so I wasn't really expecting to get very far when I picked up Muse the other day. However once I started it, I just couldn't put it down. I love the characters in this story. They just jump off the page. Callie seems like exactly the kind of girl I would have loved to have for a friend when I was her age and her adventures are exciting and fun.
It's a blend of high school drama, Greek mythology, and teen fantasy and they work so well together to cre
Pedro
Aug 13, 2012 Pedro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I happy to have received the book through the Goodreads giveaway program.

When Callie receives the power to freeze time in her sixteen birthday her life is turned upside down. To make the matters worst, her worst enemy seems to know her secret and a evil creature plots against them all.

It is a light and very pleasant reading reading. The style allows the reader to step on and find himself unable to leave it. A very good book, i just can't wait to read more from this author.
Nicole Deatherage
3.5 star rating.

I really wanted to like this book enough to give it a 5 star rating, but it was just a little too juvenile enough for my tastes. Callie was a likeable enough character, but there was something missing from the book as a whole. There wasn't enough Greek Mythology, and I figured out who the bad guy was like...five seconds after the character was introduced.
Nicole
I won a copy of this through First Reads and was pretty excited about it because I love Greek mythology. But I'm abandoning it (for now) because I'm just not getting into it. I'm withholding a star rating since I only read about a quarter in. It isn't bad but it's a bit "younger" YA than I was expecting and doesn't really mesh with my current reading proclivities.
Andrea
Nov 14, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
This is not my normal genre but I LOVED IT! Cannot wait for the next one!
Tiffany Perkins
Tiffany Perkins marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Kimi
Kimi added it
Apr 14, 2016
Megen
Megen rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Jahnelle
Jahnelle marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Feb 26, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Pam Froman
Pam Froman marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Christina West
Christina West marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Christina Luedtke
Christina Luedtke marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 23, 2015
Bahijah hasan
Bahijah hasan marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Angela Aubergine
Angela Aubergine marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Oceann Weeks
Oceann Weeks marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
App Sender
App Sender marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
  • Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)
  • Awkward: A Survival Guide for When All You Can Do Is Cringe
  • Holding Back the Day
  • Under a Painted Sky (Spirit Warrior, #1)
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • New Beginnings
  • Twined
  • C I N (C I N, #1)
  • The Eyes of a Stranger (Nan's Heritage #4)
  • The Emerald City (Osland Trilogy, #1)
  • Familiar Ties
  • The Half Life of Ryan Davis
  • Black Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy, #2)
  • Conquest
  • The Rest Is Silence
  • The Book of Lost Souls (Ivy MacTavish, #1)
  • Bonds That Break (Havoc Chronicles, #3)
  • Taste (The Witches of Santa Anna, #1-6)
Janica Stoff lives in St. Louis with her family. Besides writing, she enjoys making cakes, working in the yard, sewing and relaxing with a pint of Ben & Jerry's in front of the TV.
More about Janica L. Stoff...

Muse (2 books)