Endgame (Sirantha Jax, #6)

Endgame (Sirantha Jax #6)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  1,462 ratings  ·  197 reviews
Regret nothing.

Sirantha Jax has the J-gene, which permits her to “jump” faster-than-light ships through grimspace. She loves nothing more than that rush, but the star roads have to wait…

Her final mission takes her to La’heng, a planet subjugated during first contact. Since then, the La’hengrin homeworld has been occupied by foreign conquerors.

All that’s about to change...more
Published August 28th 2012 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Endgame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Endgame

Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
83rd out of 625 books — 1,780 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
244th out of 2,499 books — 15,921 voters

More lists with this book...

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Ever since I started blogging, I've been going on and on about Ann Aguirre's books and how much I love them. The time has come for me to tell you why. Ann Aguirre understands life, she understands love, she understands war and the very basic human nature. She knows what makes people tick and how far they would go to defend what they love and that knowledge reflects in her work. Endgame is no exception. If anything, it is the best of her books so far.

In Endgame, last book of the series, Sirantha...more
Pamela / SpazP
This review is spoiler free, but assumes a familiarity with the Sirantha Jax series.

I have put off writing this review, because it is, for me, the final step in accepting that the Sirantha Jax series is over. How do I write about a book that concludes one of my most cherished series, and somehow manage to do it the justice it deserves? I will certainly try now.

Engame starts out with Sirantha Jax continuing in her mission to liberate La'heng from the Nicuan nobles. A long time ago when humans fir...more
Rhiannon Frater
(Note: Ann Aguirre provided the galley for this book. I LOVE her.)

I love this series. It's been awesome since GRIMSPACE and has only gotten better with each installment. I love the world building, the characters, the overall plot, the individual novel plots, the evolution of Jax, and just about everything to do with this series. I have been heavily emotionally invested in Sirantha Jax and her life for a few years now. I was enthralled and saddened with the announcement that ENDGAME would bring t...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No more hiding. No more secret schemes or sneaking around. It’s time to fight.

If only there was more fighting and less useless bullshit going on. If only.

Endgame is, as the title suggests, the final book in the Sirantha Jax installment. It's supposed to bring peace and happiness to us readers and fans. It’s supposed to. The painful truth is that it doesn’t. At least for me it doesn’t.

I was a bit afraid of Endgame considering how strange the last two books were. Since it’s the end, I was expecti...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Opening line:
This is not a love story.
It is my life, and as such, there is love, loss, war, death and sacrifice. It’s about things needed to be done and choices made. I regret nothing.

These opening lines summarize the entire Sirantha Jax series for me. What a journey it’s been! Ann Aguirre has accomplished a great feat with this series. Infusing love and war together to make a pulse-pounding, heart-breaking read, the Sirantha Jax series has become a series that will...more
Sunny
Spoiler alert....this review is full of them

The Sirantha Jax series was the first series I read after Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. I cut my Ann Aguirre teeth on Enclave and was seeking another book in which to lose myself. I was thrilled to find stories that were as good as my then favorites, Harry Potter and Katniss Everdeen.

In past books, Sirantha Jax fights corruption, evil warlords, the terrifying Morguts, and the even the betrayal of one her own (aka Jael). I love Jax’s commitment to...more
Regina
To read this review and others like it check out www.badassbookreviews.com

Waiting to start this book was like a blessing and a curse. I was very excited to have an ARC from the publisher but I knew that every page I read would bring me closer to the end of Sirantha Jax's world. I shouldn't have been torn. Aguirre writes it brilliantly. Endgame will not disappoint readers and fans of the Sirantha Jax series. This review is filled with emotional reactions and no spoilers I promise. I will just s...more
Kristen
A little disappointed.

Overall, I still liked the author's writing style, the character development, and the closure. YET.

I feel like the end of the Jax-Vel-March triangle was a little too contrived to actually be the ending of the series.

We're REALLY supposed to believe Jax & Vel are just friends, even after his speech about realizing just how much she meant to him and all the hints that in time there might be "something more"? We're really supposed to believe March is cool growing old &...more
Jamie
Disclaimer: I am a tad biased in this review, and I am a fan girl! You've been warned!!!
***Slight spoilers from previous books in the Sirantha Jax series***

No matter how interminable something feels, there is always, always an ending. Sometimes that's good, and sometimes it's bad; sometimes it's a matter of indifference, and sometimes it's heartbreaking and your life is never the same thereafter. ~ Grimspace

Oh, Sirantha Jax! How hard it is to say good-bye to you. You've kept me reeling through s...more
Emma Rosloff
I caught this series at the tail end of it's publication. After reading Grimspace and subsequently devouring the next four books, it was tough to wait even the two months for Endgame to be released. As expected, I gobbled this book up as quickly as the rest. Aguirre's prose is both casual and beautiful, as always, layered with lovely turns of phrase without the pace suffering for it. Endgame does not disappoint.

Jax has come so far since we were first introduced, and I think the events of this fi...more
Keertana
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I thought I was ready to say goodbye to Sirantha Jax after Aftermath, but Endgame is such a brilliantly plotted novel that I feel nostalgic, bittersweet, and ever-so-upset after all. Aguirre's Endgame weaves together everything I've loved about this series since Grimspace: excellent world-building, blooming character growth, and complex relationships.

Once again, Sirantha Jax is a solider, a fighter, a warrior. On La'heng now, she is determined to free an enslaved race of people...more
Katyana
This one is so, so hard for me to rate. Honestly, I always kick out reviews (when I am going to do them) immediately after reading the book, when I'm still breathing the story... but I wonder if I wouldn't be better off with time to digest. Ah well, onward.

Let's begin with: this is one of my very favorite series ever. This book in no way diminishes that - it was a good cap to the series, and will keep it solidly in my favorites pile. But was it everything it could be? I just don't know. While I...more
Cathy
Well the series definitely didn't go where I expected it to. For a while there it seemed like it was going the route of Jax always being the center of interstellar politics and it got to the point where it was a little much for one woman to play such a prominent role in such huge sweeping stories. It made sense to try to bring the scale of the story back down a tiny bit and focus more on the characters that we care about, while still having an important mission for them to focus on. Using the co...more
Julia
Catch-22, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fidelity, immortality, and cross species devotion, Aguirre has written a relationship unlike any other. In ENDGAME Aguirre attempts to offer these beloved characters closure. This last book doesn't dethrone AFTERMATH as my favorite in the series, but it did make me nostalgic to go back to book one and start reading this series all over again.

Poised between futures with Vel and March, I could have been happy being left with only Sirantha's possibi...more
Damali
Sep 03, 2012 Damali rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Damali by: Regina
This world is so rich, and there's so many more stories that can be told. I hope Ann starts a new series with a different POV. The nephew, for instance. I started the first book four different times before I got into it. I'm so glad I stuck with it!
Marissa
I am so, so sad to say goodbye to this amazing group of characters. They have been with me for so long; it’s almost like losing a limb. I’m not even ashamed to admit I got weepy a few times. Nevertheless, in the end we must all let go at some point and spread our wings wide in hopes of experiencing even more wonder and amazement that is just waiting to be found. This is also what I believe Jax and Company are out there doing at this very moment. (I’m such a sap, I know.)

I am very happy with the...more
Claire
Endgame is the sixth and final book in the Sirantha Jax series by Ann Aguirre. Over the series we have seen Jax find love, loose people she loves, fight wars and travel Grimspace, a place where people can travel faster than light.

La’heng is a planet that was discovered by humans many years ago. In order to colonize the planet and make the hostile natives more compliant humans let loose a gas. This had the disastrous effect of making all of the native beings on La’heng reliant on the humans. If...more
Allison
Endgame is a satisfying conclusion to the Grimspace series. The whole series ended up being different than I expected, not having one epic story arc with a cataclysmic ending. By the time I reached this book, I understood that better.

The entire book takes place on one planet again, involving the long struggle for freedom for the natives of La’heng. I have to say that although I missed Grimspace and some of the crew from the past, I was still captured by this story. I love Jax's relationship wit...more
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
"But the truth is, the longer you love the same person, the more mysterious they become. March is like a pocket universe, full of stars, and I will never learn all his light."

"March knows what I want and what I can offer. He gets me down to my breath and bone; he will not try to change me. For him, I need not yield that which makes me Jax; I need not surrender the universe for March's sake. He will share it with me."

I've been all over the universe with Sirantha Jax, March, and Vel. This was a fi...more
Joy
A perfect ending to one of my most favorite series. Ann Aguirre is an amazing author who has given me many hours of reading pleasure.
Michelle Cummings
Great ending to a fantastic series. I actually thought that book 5 was the end of the series (I don't know why!) and I thought it's bittersweet ending was perfect for Sirantha Jax's life. This was not quite as perfect (IMO) but I think other people will actually like this story more.
Holly
I was so bugged with the choices Jax made that I couldn't finish the last few pages. Definitely not my fav.
Anna
Oct 20, 2012 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Futuristic/adventure readers. Those who want to see an awsome heroine in action.
Perfect end for an awesome futuristic series.

Sirantha Jax is the best heroine ever. She is like Don Quijote (without the madness), always getting in trouble for good causes, not doubting to put herself at risk for a good cause. She isn’t your usual kick-ass hero, she is the battered kind, the “I will die, but I will do it killing” kind of one.

In this book the adventure spins around a really worthy cause: La’hengrin are enslaved and abused by Nicuans, due to a genetic anomaly that rends them unab...more
Ashley
I’m not sure reading all six of these books back to back was such a great idea. I kind of got burnout and had a hard time finishing. But at the same time, I really liked what Aguirre ultimately did with this series. I thought Endgame was a great ending and really served to showcase just exactly what was important to her about Jax and Jax’s story. Jax herself tells us in the opening sentence, “This is not a love story,” so I’m not sure exactly how much clearer Aguirre could have made that.

Spoiler...more
Karen
This is one of my favorite series and you’ve got to love an author who can end it on a high note. Ann Aguirre did just that with Endgame. It was thrilling, heartbreaking, and just perfect.

The opening paragraph…

“This is not a love story.

It is my life, and as such, there is love, loss, war, death, and sacrifice. It’s about things that needed to be done and choices made, I regret nothing.”

At the risk of disagreeing with a heroine who could kick my ass, it felt like a love story. It’s not the fanta...more
Darcy
I really, really didn't want to read this book. Not because I didn't think I would like it, but because I knew I would and since it is the last book in the series, I didn't want it to be over.

This book was full of action, we get to see Jax at her best, at her so so, and when she questioned herself, pretty much what always happens. The fun was seeing what Jax thought of her actions in each situation.
As the series went on I was torn between March and Vel, surprising with how each of them started...more
Jamie
I'm a little disappointed in the book as a whole. The 2 previous books were such hard acts to follow, so I'm not mad, but I felt like there wasn't a whole lot going on. A lot of time passed during this one book, and I understand a war on such a grand scale as this would take that long, but I guess I just expected more action and more character insight.

It's still my favorite series of all time, and I was very pleased with the ending. I was so afraid that either my favorite character would die or...more
Steph
Without a single shot fired, the war had begun.
Endgame is the amazing finale to Ann's Sirantha Jax series. When I heard the series was ending, I was intensely curious to find out how Ann would conclude the series. But, I didn't want to read the book to find out because I just wasn't ready to say farewell to one of my favorite heroines. For those who feel the same, I will keep my review spoiler-free. I will, however, remind you of Ann's amazing ability to know exactly what the readers want an...more
mlady_rebecca
This is the sixth and final book in the series. I had the opportunity to read the first five books back to back (within a month), and then I was forced to wait a year for this final book. Given the way the series builds, I think I would have enjoyed the last book more if I had read all six back to back.

I had some issues getting back into the flow of the story. It wasn't till March was onstage that the history seemed to fall back in place for me. Obviously that wouldn't have been an issue if the...more
Girls, Guns and G...: Endgame (Sirantha Jax #6) 31 48 Dec 22, 2012 11:08PM
  • Children of Scarabaeus (Scarabaeus, #2)
  • Alien Diplomacy (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #5)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • Caszandra (Touchstone, #3)
  • An Officer's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #2)
  • Enemy Within (Enemy, #1)
  • Honor's Knight (Paradox, #2)
  • Silver Shark (Kinsmen, #2)
Ann Aguirre is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author with a degree in English Literature; before she began writing full time, she was a clown, a clerk, a voice actress, and a savior of stray kittens, not necessarily in that order. She grew up in a yellow house across from a cornfield, but now she lives in sunny Mexico with her husband, children, and various pets. She likes all kinds...more
More about Ann Aguirre...
Enclave (Razorland, #1) Outpost (Razorland, #2) Horde (Razorland, #3) Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2)

“This is not a love story. It is my life, and as such, there is love, loss, war, death, and sacrifice. It's about things that needed to be done and choices made. I regret nothing.” 9 likes
“Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth for the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there are three lives before you: His life, Her Life, and Your life together.” 9 likes