Start by marking “Resolve: From the Jungles of WW II Bataan, A Story of a Soldier, a Flag, and a Promise Kept” as Want to Read:

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  13 reviews
On April 9, 1942, thousands of U.S. soldiers surrendered as the Philippines’ island of Luzon fell to the Japanese. A few hundred Americans placed their faith in their own hands and headed for the jungles.

One of them was Clay Conner Jr.—a twenty-three-year-old Army Air Force communications officer who had never even camped before…

The obstacles to Conner’s survival were as
Published November 6th 2012 by Berkley Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about Resolve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resolve

Todd Hufford
Resolve is the amazing story of Clay Conner Jr's Survival in the Philippines during WWII.

Watch this, it is amazing. http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#!/patrio...
Fredrick Danysh
During World War II when Americans forces in the Philippines surrendered to the Japanese, several hundred Americans took to the hills instead or were able to escape during the Bataan Death March. Lt. Clay Connor, Jr., was one of those refusing to surrender. Resolve is the story of his struggel to survive and form a guerrilla unit. It provides a uniques cross section of the islands, pulling no punches.
John
What a book! While leaving church a few weeks ago, I spotted a bumper sticker advertising this book. The title looked great, and when I looked it up on the web, the fact that it was a war story of survival and courage inspired me to read it. After my wife bought me a Kindle for Christmas ('13), it was a done deal. This book opened my eyes to some of the realities of war in the Philippines during WW2. It was an incredible story of perseverance, endurance, adventure, etc... The title is terrific f ...more
Chad
Well written story by one of our local newspaper writers. The philippines campaign always seems to get less info than the the European theater of WWII so there was some good historical knowledge here as well as a compelling story.
Chris
Terrific story of Batan death march and survival of a few who spent 4 years in the jungle to survive WWII.
Colin
Interesting to me, I know most of the places in this book. I was able to visit many of them when I lived in the Philippines back in the mid-1970s. Besides that, this was a very good read, but not a complete history, since that is not possible. I strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the history of WW2 from the viewpoint of the individual soldier,
Kara Larson
Riveting in the first 2/3rds of the story. Seemed to run on a little too long in the end. Did a good job of explaining the different factions (Fillipinos, Negritos, and Huks) involved in the resistance. I was completely ignorant of the existence of the Negritos in particular, and have an even greater appreciation for how wonderful the people of the Phillipines are.
Vickie
The inner strength of a college cheer leader and his ability to survive the atrocities that he is thrown into during World War II. This true story is another testament of why that generation of men and women are called 'The Greatest Generation'.
Kurt Young
An amazing story. Well, amazing doesn't really cover it. Remarkable... Astounding... Unbelievable...

Pick your adjective.

Clay Connor Jr.'s story of survival in the Jungles of Bataan after the fall of Corregidor in World War II.

Wow.
Sheri Struk
Great book about a WWII hero in the Philippines during the Japanese takeover of the island and the American recovery of power later in the war.
Amy
Jul 11, 2014 Amy marked it as to-read
Recommended by a friend who knows the son of the main character. So hard to read when you know it really happened.
Steve
Great and interesting story of a survivor from the Bataan Death March in the Philippines in 1942.
Judy
This was a story about WW2 in Bataan that I was unaware of. Well done.
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Veeral
Veeral marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Robert Scrivner
Robert Scrivner marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Aaron Shields
Aaron Shields marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
American Nightingale: The Story of Frances Slanger, Forgotten Heroine of Normandy 52 Little Lessons from It's a Wonderful Life Cascade Summer: My Adventure on Oregon's Pacific Crest Trail A Father for All Seasons Where Roots Grow Deep