Start by marking “A Fatal Stain” as Want to Read:
A Fatal Stain

A Fatal Stain (A Daring Finds Mystery #3)

Out damned spot!

As her wedding to detective Cas Wolfe approaches, Candyce "Dyce" Dare, sole owner (and employee) of the furniture refinishing business Daring Findsdesperately needs to find something to do to avoid sitting down and planning the eventwith her mother and her best friend(particularly since she suspects their plans involve having her cat dress in a tuxedo). Wor
Published October 2nd 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Fatal Stain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fatal Stain

Heather L
Oct 10, 2014 Heather L rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, 2014
It's been quite a while since I read the first two books in this series, so had forgotten traits of some of the characters. In short, they irritated me more than previously remembered, with the heroine proving herself to be TSTL. And the plot of this one...don't even get me started. Glad I finally plucked it out of Mount TBR, but can't say I'm sorry to see the series end.
Debbie
Sep 19, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
"A Fatal Stain" is a humorous cozy mystery involving a missing (and possibly dead) woman. It's the third in the series, but you don't need to read the previous mysteries in order to understand this one. However, this book did vaguely spoil the whodunit of the previous mystery.

The story was funny because Dyce was a bit out of touch with reality, but you see why when you meet her parents. She acted childishly and thoughtlessly at times, but she didn't come across as selfish. She was trying to be
Bookadventurer
Nov 02, 2012 Bookadventurer rated it it was ok
Shelves: crafty-cozy, 2012
I was so excited to finally see a third installment in this series, I sooo enjoyed the first two; but I really struggled through this.

The mystery was very slow moving, and at times I questioned where it was going. The mystery centered around a table with questionable stains which Dyce picks up for a song at a shady garage sale. Of course, being Dyce she doesn't share her suspicions with Cas (her hunky policeman fiance), but proceeds to "investigate" on her own.

Unlike the first two books, I bec
Cissa
Nov 19, 2014 Cissa rated it liked it
This is an entertaining series, but I have some qualms about it.

Firstly, in all 3 books our first-person protag, Dyce, makes it a point to say how much she prefers men to women and how much she dislikes not just some women, but all women. Really? Considering she's rather playing the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope... well, I'd guess that works better for blinding men than women, both in real life and fiction; she is certainly not lacking for male attention.

Also, her toddler son is "gifted", which s
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Oct 29, 2012 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it it was amazing
This 3rd book in the fun and lively cozy murder mystery series, "A Daring Finds Mystery," has several aspects that kept me turning the pages to finish the book quickly. First it tells us right off from the beginning that the characters are going to be making changes in the coming novels. I, personally, love this because I'm fond of character growth. Sometimes a character just never changes and the stories become stale. Not, this one.

We follow Candyce 'Dyce' Dare, and her Cas (Wolfe) planning the
Carol
Sep 25, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
Apparently third in a series featuring Dyce Dare divorced, Mom of a gifted toddler, and soon to be wed to a cop. Dyce makes her living refinishing furniture and other objects. I wondered if I could really buy into such a character but she makes it work.

The first thing I noticed was the close similarity to Donna Andrews’ Meg Laslow series, both because of her humorous way of turning a phrase, her characters’ view of her world and her place in it as a consequence of being raised by two pretty scre
❂ Jennifer
Nov 07, 2012 ❂ Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I had pretty much given up on this book being released so it was a very pleasant surprise to see it available. I really enjoyed the first two books in this series and this book was a delightful addition. I absolutely love Dyce's sense of humour and outlook on life and she is surrounded by equally great characters. The dialogue is consistently entertaining. I usually shy away from cosy mysteries with children, but E is a hoot and his childhood brings back memories of my own (which did involve a ...more
Jean
Oct 28, 2012 Jean rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down. If you enjoyed her other books you will also like this one, or if you are a first time reader it is worth picking up. Although I would recommend reading the first one to get more familiar with the characters. With Dyce planning her wedding you can expect some trouble to knock on the door. She seems to get herself into trouble without even trying. I really enjoyed this book. She added more relationship goings on between the couples, I enjoyed this aspect of the ...more
Sarah Adamson
Jun 14, 2015 Sarah Adamson rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
The first I have read in this series. A fun cozy mystery starring the daughter of a murder mystery bookstore owner who stars in several local criminal investigations along with her police boyfriend and her unending supply of tables and furniture to be restained and crafted. Gentle, bit of a random story in places but I think this might be due to me reading this book (3rd in series) before the others. Interesting child - sounds like a true handful!
Nancy Rogan
Mar 13, 2013 Nancy Rogan rated it liked it
This was a good book. The constant humor took a little getting used to and was annoying at times, but the story was good and the characters interesting. They are not realistic, but they are entertaining. I had read the previous books in this series and I will read the next one.
TheChuckster
Dyce is just plan nuts! E is not a believable 3 year old. Also Dyce is a irresponsible mother. Also wondered why she's acting as if Cas was holding a gun to her head to get married to him.
Kate
Feb 06, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
I started the series yesterday via a READERS ALSO ENJOYED suggestion and well I just hope there are more to come.
Linda
Feb 24, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
This is #3 in the series and I enjoyed it. The "mystery" is really secondary to all that's going on in the characters' personal lives.
Melodie
Dec 23, 2012 Melodie rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012
Had never read this series before and it appears I didn't really miss a whole lot. Didn't care for the main character and wasn't crazy about the story either.
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2014
Hmr28
Hmr28 rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2012
Foxfier
Foxfier rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2013
Silma
Silma rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2013
Zanne Baker
Zanne Baker rated it did not like it
May 25, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Lori B
Lori B rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Taylor Lunsford
Taylor Lunsford rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Rintheamazing
Rintheamazing rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2013
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Emily Mims
Emily Mims rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Susie Fevella
Susie Fevella rated it liked it
May 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Panic Button (Button Box Mystery, #3)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Grace Among Thieves (Manor House Mystery, #3)
  • Murder for the Halibut (A Clueless Cook Mystery, #3)
  • Deadly Patterns (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #3)
  • A Deal to Die For (Good Buy Girls, #2)
  • Death Makes the Cut (Jocelyn Shore #2)
  • Remnants of Murder (A Southern Sewing Circle, #8)
  • Chance of a Ghost (Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #4)
  • The Walled Flower (Victoria Square, #2)
  • Died With a Bow (Accessories Mystery #2)
  • A Deadly Beef
  • The Sayers Swindle (Book Collector Mystery #2)
  • Skating on the Edge (Rebecca Robbins, #3)
  • A Killer in the Rye (A Deadly Deli Mystery #3)
  • You Cannoli Die Once (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #1)
  • The Lost Girls of Johnson's Bayou
  • Laced with Poison (Sweet Nothings, #2)

A Daring Finds Mystery (3 books)
  • Dipped, Stripped, and Dead (A Daring Finds Mystery, #1)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)