Start by marking “Holiday Buzz (Coffeehouse Mystery, #12)” as Want to Read:
Holiday Buzz (Coffeehouse Mystery, #12)

Holiday Buzz (Coffeehouse Mystery #12)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,960 Ratings  ·  193 Reviews
Holiday time is party time in New York City, but after a sparkling winter bash ends with a murder, Village Blend coffeehouse manager Clare Cosi vows to put the killer on ice…

At the Great New York Cookie Swap, pastry chefs bake up their very best for charity. Clare is in charge of the beverage service, and her famous Fa-la-la-la Lattes make the gathering even merrier. But h
Published December 4th 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Buzz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Buzz

Babs
Nov 19, 2012 Babs rated it it was amazing
What could be better being over the beverage service at the New York Cookie Swap? Clare trying to solve two murders before she will be next. Holiday Buzz like the others in the series, has a lot of humorous situations to keep the reader laughing. We also have several leads to keep us on track for the mystery as well. With both you are in for a treat of a read.

As we have the Cookie swap going on, we have Clare fitting herself in a dumbwaiter pulling herself up to the kitchen of a baker whom she t
Ronna
Jul 23, 2014 Ronna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
Clare Cozy and almost all of our favorite Village Blend Coffeehouse characters are back in a holiday mystery while they are celebrating with cookie events with cookies from around the world. Moirin is a new young Irish employee that everyone enjoys. She bakes the cookies for the coffeehouse, but actually works at the bakery that developed the cookies. She's a music lover too, but sadly, she's bludgeoned to death at a cookie festival event. Clare found her body and is determined to find her kille ...more
Cindy Hardy-pierce
Sep 22, 2012 Cindy Hardy-pierce rated it it was amazing
When I finish a Cleo Coyle book, I am anxiously awaiting the next one! Not only are the stories great, the recipes and the information about coffee blow me away! Read this entire series! You won't be sorry!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

HOLIDAY BUZZ is the twelfth book in the Coffeehouse Mystery series by Cleo Coyle and this one might be one of my favorites for many reasons. One, it’s a Christmas-themed novel so I’m already halfway in love with it already. And two, this one is written slightly different than the other books in the series.

Annie
Nov 24, 2012 Annie rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Holiday Buzz (Coffeehouse Mystery, #12) by Cleo Coyle You are in for a freshly pulled, candy cane sprinkled steaming cup of java fun. This mystery is a real treat for a cozy night. Cleo Coyle’s Holiday Buzz whisks us back to the Village Blend, a welcoming coffee house inviting us to order the daily special, munch off the head of a gingerbread cookie, and take part in a cleverly devised murder mystery. I have read this entire series and each new release is surprising, well paced, and filled with scrumptious delights. Sure, there is a murder myster ...more
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Aug 27, 2012 Rachel Kramer Bussel rated it it was amazing
Readers of the Coffeeshop Mystery series will not be disappointed as Clare Cosi gets up close and personal with various suspects after her seasonal unofficial employee Moirin "M" Faigan is found dead on the Bryant Park carousel, outside a party the Village Blend is catering. Clare's beloved police team of Soles and Bass have been split up and the new cop Cosi introduces is hilariously bumbling in his officialdom, leaving Clare to take on this very personal case and protect herself and her employ ...more
Lisa
Apr 14, 2017 Lisa rated it liked it
2.5 maybe?If compared to the rest of the series alone, I'd say 3.5.

Clare Cosi and her staff are hosting a table at the Great New York Cookie Swap. This time, the dead body is a temp employee of hers, so she's motivated as always to find the killer. Moirin, the victim, seems to have been leading a secret life, though, so Clare uncovers more and more with each page turn.

In pursuit of her killer, Clare goes all over NY...she even gets Madame to go undercover at Evergreen Recreation Center, an old f
Susan
Holiday Buzz by Cleo Coyle is book twelve of her Coffeehouse Mystery series set in modern-day New York City. Clare Cosi co-manages The Village Blend coffeehouse in Manhattan with her ex-husband Matteo Allegro. Matt is the Blend’s coffee buyer, traveling around the world for the best beans. Clare lives above the coffeehouse in a beautifully decorated townhouse, courtesy of her ex-mother-in-law and dear friend “Madame”. Madame Blanche Dreyfus Allegro Dubois owns The Village Blend, a family busines ...more
Jonathan
Ms. Coyle has a real talent! Every mystery in this series gets bigger and better.

The characters were great, I like how some of the characters introduced in the last few books are reappearing more and more. I also liked the quirky detective, though I wasn't supposed to. I also loved that Quinn's kids, Molly and Jeremy had a slightly bigger part in this book, though I still want to see more of them.

The only downpoint in this book was Breanne. In Espresso Shot I thought the authors were going to ha
Lynn Farris
Dec 04, 2012 Lynn Farris rated it it was amazing
I love culinary mysteries and when I read them I learn about food and beverages at the same time I’m enjoying a mystery. Cleo Coyle’s Coffeehouse Mysteries set the standard for this sub-genre of mysteries.

“Holiday Buzz”, the twelfth book in this bestselling series, set in Greenwich Village, New York, provides a fascinating backdrop for a variety of the plots and subplots. Every book I read, I feel as if I learn a little more about this incredible city. The city plays a significant part in all o
Georgiann Hennelly
Mar 21, 2013 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
I love the Cleo Coyle coffee shop mystery series. Claire Cosi owner of the Village Blend Coffee shop has her hands full with the Christmas time New york cookie swap, where the top chefs, bakers and candy makers provide the very best sugary treats for charity.But the joy of the season is dulled for Clare when she stumbles upon the body of M - her part time baker on a carousel just outside the event. Claire decides to investigate on her own. And find out who killed M and why? A fascinatng read. Th ...more
Sue Ross
Dec 09, 2012 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
Once again Clare is in the thick of things. If you're looking for a great holiday mystery, this is it. Cleo Coyle's style of writing transports her readers right into the book. With her guy, Mike, in Washington, Clare is making the rounds of holiday parties and serving up her famous holiday drinks. What she doesn't plan on is finding the body of one of her part-time employees. From there things get crazy. It's another great book with sadness, excitment, anticipation, love and fun.
Kate
Mar 26, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
This book was very festive, I think Christmas came into the descriptions on every page! I loved it, from the fa-la-la-la lattes and gumdrop spritzers to the Christmas cookie exchanges and ice skating parties. I'm actually sad this book is over because it really put me in the Christmas spirit! I hope this author writes another holiday themed story in this series because she's very good at it! Loved it!
Mary
Aug 27, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autographed
I won this book through Booktrib.
This book was signed by the author "May your cup always be full" love Cleo Coyle. When I started reading it made sense because the main character owns a coffee shop. I loved this cozy mystery and will be looking for the previous 11 books in the library or book store.
Joe Meyers
Nov 25, 2012 Joe Meyers rated it really liked it
I love the Clare Cosi series which has stayed at a very high level through 12 books. Perfect blend of good plotting, charming regular cast of characters & strong New York City atmosphere. You don't have to be a coffee lover to enjoy these books set in and around a Greenwich Village coffeehouse.
Doreen
Dec 06, 2012 Doreen rated it it was amazing
Won this one as a First Read! YAY! Thank you soooooo much Ms. Coyle! I absolutely LOVED this book!
The storyline keeps you involved, (I couldn't put it down) and the characters are quirky and fun. They are great. This was a fun mystery. I still want to go have a cup of coffee there! LOVED IT!
Pam
Dec 30, 2012 Pam rated it it was amazing
Love my friends at The Blend! Clare & her staff never fail to serve up some delightful tales of mystery, murder & mocha!!
J.D. Holiday
Love Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mystery! Fun reads!
Under the Covers Book Blog
Oct 31, 2016 Under the Covers Book Blog rated it really liked it

It’s clear that Cleo Coyle are expert authors because each book is so vastly different from the previous one. In this one, Coyle kind of goes back and forth between what happened before the vi

Kathy
Jan 31, 2017 Kathy rated it liked it
As usual, I mostly liked the book, the characters and the plot. Also as usual, my biggest problem is with the main character, Clare, who I find to be very pushy, even to police officers that she does not know, in trying to get them to accept her theories. Plus, how many dead people does the normal human being run across? In this book, Clare finds two of them in one week.

Clare and her friend Janelle are sharing a baker's assistant for a series of parties going on for the elite. During a break, th
Bonnie
May 10, 2017 Bonnie rated it really liked it
Usually holiday books for a series are forced and not that good. That is not the case with this cozy. I was immediately hooked by Clair and friends. As she makes coffees for a variety of holiday parties she doesn't plan on finding the body of one of her part-time employees and then the murder of a baker. I was quickly sucked into attempting to figure out “who dun nit and way”.

It borders on slap stick at the end but still worth the time/read. It was enjoyable and does not have to be read only at
MobileMinx
Apr 30, 2017 MobileMinx rated it really liked it
Claire Cosi and her ever expanding coffee house family experience the tragedy of unexpected and brutal loss. Using her honed investigative skills coupled with her acumen for criminal profiling, Clare works with the piece to solve multiple murders, unveil an arsonist and incarcerate a thieving baking assistant. All the while she presses forward providing the perfect cup of caffeine and saving the holiday season for those around her.

This is a part of a series, and can be read as a stand-alone, bu
KyBunnies
Vilia
Nov 11, 2013 Vilia rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Review from Backchatting Books

Clare Cossi, manager of Village Blend, ought be concentrating on the holiday season but she is pushed back into investigating when a part-time employee Moiren is murdered. She feels the police are ignoring key evidence by trying to link this murder with a serial stalker so with a little help from family and friends, Clare sets out to bring Moiren’s killer to justice.

Moiren or M as she liked to be called kept much of her private life hidden from her co-workers. It is
Judy  at Musings and Ramblings
This is the 12th book in the Coffeehouse Mystery Series by Cleo Coyle. I discovered this series a little over 3 years ago and have really enjoyed how all the characters have grown and evolved. All the stories in the series are set in New York City, specifically the West Village area at the Village Blend Coffeehouse.

Clare Cosi manages the coffeehouse, with her ex-husband, Matteo as their world wide coffee buyer and owned by his mother, Madame. Clare and Matteo have a grown daughter, Joy who is a
Juanita
Jan 05, 2014 Juanita rated it liked it
Holiday Buzz is a fast, enjoyable read. With Mike Quinn living in DC, he makes fewer appearances, but he still shows up a lot. The dead body Clare stumbles upon this time is one belonging to M, her friend Janelle's employee who's been helping out at the Blend during this busy holiday season. A second body shows up midway through the book, belonging to (view spoiler). Police detective Lori Soles' usual partner is out due to medical reasons, so she's been s ...more
Nancy
Dec 04, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Usually, when I read a book from the Coffee House Mysteries series, I cannot get enough coffee. As I said before, I swear they are in cahoots with my favorite independent café, but this time, I am lusting over the cookies at my local bakery.

I guess I should be glad that the writing team of Cleo Coyle changed it up, but let’s face it, there are more calories in cookies than in coffee so I cannot win either way.

The busy little baristas from the Village Blend, complete with holiday hats, are knee d
Kim Davis
Dec 24, 2015 Kim Davis rated it it was amazing
Clare Cosi is the manager of the Village Blend coffeehouse in Cleo Coyle’s Coffeehouse Mystery Series. It’s Christmas season in New York City and Clare and her staff are busy preparing to participate in the annual Great New York Cookie Swap event, by providing the beverage service.

Unfortunately after the cookie festivities, Clare stumbles upon the body of Moirin “M” Faigin, her newest part-timer, on loan from her friend’s bakery. On the surface, “M” is an Irish girl who came to New York trying m
Bea
This is the second book I've read in this series and neither book worked for me. They're not bad, they just don't do it for me. I found Holiday Buzz to be long, occasionally dry, unnecessarily complicated, and just plain boring at times. Yet at other times, I enjoyed it and wanted to keep reading. I was continually torn between saying the heck with it and giving up and continuing to read to see who the killer was.

There are many candidates for the killer, lots of clues and red herrings and coinci
OpenBookSociety.com
Dec 02, 2012 OpenBookSociety.com rated it really liked it
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Valerie

Beware of Spoilers!!

It took me a week to pick Holiday Buzz up. I’m normally not what you’d call a reluctant reader; it’s just that I’m really picky with mysteries. I avoid mysteries out of habit. I actually have no idea how I actually decided to start reading Holiday Buzz. It just sort of happened. However, once I picked it up, I so did not regret it.

It’s quite a great set-up. The Christmas season and holiday time poses a great way to sneak in a ton of food
  • The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Fonduing Fathers (A White House Chef Mystery, #6)
  • Lost and Fondue (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Sour Apples (Orchard, #6)
  • The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery,  #4)
  • Death in Four Courses (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #2)
  • Written in Stone (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #4)
  • The Chocolate Moose Motive (A Chocoholic Mystery, #12)
  • Murder on the Half Shelf (Booktown Mystery, #6)
  • Stake & Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #4)
  • Arsenic and Old Cake (A Piece of Cake Mystery, #3)
Cleo Coyle is the New York Times bestselling pseudonym for Alice Alfonsi, writing in collaboration with her husband, Marc Cerasini. Under the name Cleo Coyle, they've written 16 Coffeehouse Mystery titles, including the latest, DEAD COLD BREW, a national bestseller in hardcover from Penguin Random House, a "Most Wanted" selection of the Mystery Guild, and a Top 10 Best Mysteries for Book Clubs 201 ...more
More about Cleo Coyle...

Coffeehouse Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1)
  • Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2)
  • Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4)
  • Decaffeinated Corpse (Coffeehouse Mystery, #5)
  • French Pressed (Coffeehouse Mystery, #6)
  • Espresso Shot (Coffeehouse Mystery, #7)
  • Holiday Grind (Coffeehouse Mystery, #8)
  • Roast Mortem (Coffeehouse Mystery, #9)
  • Murder by Mocha (Coffeehouse Mystery, #10)