Start by marking “No Turning Back: One Man's Inspiring True Story of Courage, Determination, and Hope” as Want to Read:

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Published November 6th 2012 by Berkley Trade (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about No Turning Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Turning Back

Jessica Scott
I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Bryan's attitude is infectious and makes you realize just how precious every single day is.

The story about 2 GIs going to a bar will make you laugh so hard, you might pee your pants!

I love this book. It's incredible and heartwarming and inspiring and most of all, fun.
Ann
A little too motivational and preachy for me. I found myself skimming entire pages of why i need to live every day and not just exist. While I agree with the message it was a little bit overkill for me. I could have used more examples from Bryan's impressive recovery and less sermonizing.
Anna Richland
I don't usually read memoir, but I checked several out of the library for research for my second novel from Carina Press, the story of a Special Forces soldier who loses both legs in an explosion in Afghanistan.

All the other books interested me for about three pages, but Sergeant Anderson's story had me carrying it EVERYWHERE. I was sitting in the bleachers poolside at swim lessons, completely absorbed. I read it while I tried to set the table for dinner (not successful). I read it in the morni
Donna Finke
If I could rate this book a 6 I would!
I saw Bryan Anderson at the "Support the Troops" concert in 2011 and 2012. At no time did he look like he wanted anyone's sympathy or pity...he was positive and an inspiration.

good lines from the book:
at the time of explosion with the lose of both legs and and arm..."Holy shit dude, Do you think I will ever get laid again"....humor in time of deadly crisis.
Surround yourself with positive people.
Choose to exist or to LIVE!
Courage is about mastering your fear,
Matt Meichle
His story was really inspiring and he makes some very great points about life. The reason I gave the book three stars, it was a little cliched and preachy at times. I would have loved to read more about his rehab, than all of the awesome things he did and popular people he got to meet.
Cornupyn
No turning back was a good, inspirational, front forward, book.
It’s a memoir of a mans story about what he did after he got blown up.
But it does have a few charters such as Bryan Andersons’ friends really I can’t remember many names but I know one of his friends is Gray Sinse. This book has a plot and setting and it just changes a lot and the conflict is that he lost his legs and his hand, and what he will do with out them.

In total I really liked the book because its like Bryan never gives up a
Matthew Grossman
I had to read it for uni, and I see why they wanted us to. Very inspirational story of perseverance and positivity.
Ron Luty
This is a great inspirational/motivational book. If you are having problems with life, read this book. Motivational and helps you get a better bigger picture. This is not a war story, it is how Brian dealt with adversity. Remember you can either roll over and die or live life.
Susannah Pipkin
Good message. Honest forthright. Some foul language. A quick read.
Suep
Very inspirational. Lots of great motivational sayings.
Steph
Steph is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations - Integumentary System Nickels and Dimes The Emergent Church: Undefining Christianity