Start by marking “No Turning Back: One Man's Inspiring True Story of Courage, Determination, and Hope” as Want to Read:

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Published November 6th 2012 by Berkley (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about No Turning Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Turning Back

Jessica Scott
Aug 07, 2011 Jessica Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Bryan's attitude is infectious and makes you realize just how precious every single day is.

The story about 2 GIs going to a bar will make you laugh so hard, you might pee your pants!

I love this book. It's incredible and heartwarming and inspiring and most of all, fun.
Anna Richland
I don't usually read memoir, but I checked several out of the library for research for my second novel from Carina Press, the story of a Special Forces soldier who loses both legs in an explosion in Afghanistan.

All the other books interested me for about three pages, but Sergeant Anderson's story had me carrying it EVERYWHERE. I was sitting in the bleachers poolside at swim lessons, completely absorbed. I read it while I tried to set the table for dinner (not successful). I read it in the morni
Ann
Jul 30, 2012 Ann rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little too motivational and preachy for me. I found myself skimming entire pages of why i need to live every day and not just exist. While I agree with the message it was a little bit overkill for me. I could have used more examples from Bryan's impressive recovery and less sermonizing.
Donna Finke
Jul 24, 2013 Donna Finke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could rate this book a 6 I would!
I saw Bryan Anderson at the "Support the Troops" concert in 2011 and 2012. At no time did he look like he wanted anyone's sympathy or pity...he was positive and an inspiration.

good lines from the book:
at the time of explosion with the lose of both legs and and arm..."Holy shit dude, Do you think I will ever get laid again"....humor in time of deadly crisis.
Surround yourself with positive people.
Choose to exist or to LIVE!
Courage is about mastering your fear,
Saily
Jan 10, 2015 Saily rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
Bryan Anderson's story is an amazing way to look at life, he does have an incredibly positive view of the world that helps him overcome his disabilities and I applaud with him. I don't know many people who can bounce back to life the way he did.

With that said, I hated the book. I get it he's not a writer, but it still sucked. The parts that were meant to be funny weren't funny, he was repetitive, and what was meant to be inspiring just bored me. If you want to hear his story go see him at any op

Wendy Hodges
Oct 28, 2015 Wendy Hodges rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this amazing man has been through so much with his recovery, but he hasn't let him get him down. except for a few times early on he is completely unstoppable, overcoming the loss of 3 limbs (that lets face it would floor most of us)he has relearnt how to do many things he did before as well as learn how to do other things as well. adapting or modifying things like the seat on his quad bike, so he doesn't fall off. I have watched all his videos on how he manages the day to day stuff we all take f ...more
Matt Meichle
His story was really inspiring and he makes some very great points about life. The reason I gave the book three stars, it was a little cliched and preachy at times. I would have loved to read more about his rehab, than all of the awesome things he did and popular people he got to meet.
Cornupyn
Oct 12, 2012 Cornupyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No turning back was a good, inspirational, front forward, book.
It’s a memoir of a mans story about what he did after he got blown up.
But it does have a few charters such as Bryan Andersons’ friends really I can’t remember many names but I know one of his friends is Gray Sinse. This book has a plot and setting and it just changes a lot and the conflict is that he lost his legs and his hand, and what he will do with out them.

In total I really liked the book because its like Bryan never gives up a
Matthew Grossman
I had to read it for uni, and I see why they wanted us to. Very inspirational story of perseverance and positivity.
Ron Luty
Jun 07, 2013 Ron Luty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a great inspirational/motivational book. If you are having problems with life, read this book. Motivational and helps you get a better bigger picture. This is not a war story, it is how Brian dealt with adversity. Remember you can either roll over and die or live life.
Susannah Pipkin
Good message. Honest forthright. Some foul language. A quick read.
Suep
Jan 16, 2012 Suep rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very inspirational. Lots of great motivational sayings.
Mari Castillo-villegas
Very inspiring!!!
Irene
Irene rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Vera
Vera added it
Jan 15, 2016
Becky
Becky is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2016
Lauren King
Lauren King marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Delaine
Delaine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Ben Staub
Ben Staub rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Renea Kosino
Renea Kosino rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Deidre Dorsett
Deidre Dorsett is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2015
Judah
Judah marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
David Mack
Sep 14, 2015 David Mack rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
David
David rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2015