Start by marking “Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom

Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom (Llama Llama)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  304 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Llama Llama ZIP!
Llama Llama ZOOM!
Llama Llama Red Pajama
VROOM, VROOM, VROOM!

On the playground, Llama goes fast! Llama zips by on his scooter and swishes down the slide--whoosh! These board books are more than great read-alouds--they're great act-alongs, too! Younger audiences will love doing as Llama does in these supremely adorable, incredibly engaging new board books.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Books Ever for anyone
104th out of 173 books — 18 voters
Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Time to Share by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Home with Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
Preschool-'L'
12th out of 13 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Dolly
Dec 27, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their little ones
Shelves: 2012, childrens, rhyming
We've read many of the books in the Llama Llama series by Anna Dewdney and they are really fun books to read aloud.

Unfortunately our girls are growing out of books like this, so I have to sneak them in on my own when I get a chance. This is a short and cute book that encourages being active and zooming around. There's lots of onomatopoeia and I'm sure that the littlest ones will want to hop and clap along with this book.

The narrative and illustrations are just as adorable and entertaining as I
Jem
Lame lame llama. Shit didn't even rhyme.
Linda Branich
This sturdy little board book is perfect for little ones to hold and turn the pages; not too big, and not too small. It is written in rhyme with onomatopoeia, and I believe that after enough repetition, the cute pictures would trigger them to recite to themselves. Llama llama is very active on many toys and sounds are associated with the activity, something that young children love to hear and imitate.
Russell
Cute rhyming scheme, nice uses of onomatopoeia. (view spoiler)
Bunnyjadwiga
Despite the fact that my 4 year old had gone off of Llama Llama in general, he ADORED this one: the rhymes, the zooming! Lots of giggling and reciting, and you don't need to be a Llama Llama groupie. Nothing much happens except that Llama and his friend do lots of action things, there is a near crash but a happy ending.
Rosa Cline
We have read every Llama Llama book there is now, and they are all super good. My 2 year old granddaughter loves him and has since she was about 9 mths old.

This board book is more for babies or very early readers it has two or three words per page as Llama Llama and his friend play. Fun words like 'zoom' 'zip''vroom' etc. ones that make little ones laugh and giggle
Meg McGregor
Have your little ones act out all the action in this engaging board book!

The can pretend to ride their skateboards, drive their motorbikes, hang from the monkey bars, swoosh down the slide, swing very high, drive their cars, and jump on their bouncing balls.
Sofia and Francine Dines
At 16 weeks old, we are moving more and more. We loved the repetition and onomatopoeia in this action-packed book.
Aprils
I enjoyed the motion-filled illustrations and the fun rhyming text.
Kellee
Great rhythm, rhyming, and onomatopoeias!
Anastasia Tuckness
Ever since Llama Llama hit the picture book scene in his first book, Llama Llama Red Pajama, families have been enjoying the rhythmic cadence, touching moments, and humor that characterize these wonderful picture books.

This year, Llama Llama has his own set of board books! There are three so far. Zippity-Zoom is full of action sounds and words, as Llama and his friend "vroom, swoosh, and zoom" all over the playground. Guaranteed to make all readers want to run to the nearest park, this book is e
Marilyn Thompson
Needs to be read over and over.
Pam
Lots of noise making fun.
Emily
With a lot of little ones in my life, I'm always on the lookout for strong board books. This one's full of great beginning sound effects to act out ("Llama llama ZIP! Llama llama ZOOM! Llama llama red pajama VROOM VROOM VROOM! Llama llama SWISH! Llama llama SWOOSH!" etc) Could actually be read as a bounce (baby on lap, adult acting out motions) & perhaps become a baby's favorite that way. Exceptionally special? No. But it's simple, done right, and Anna Dewdney's rhymes never fail to scan.
Alexis
For some reason my son didn't like this book...he's a fan of other llama llama books. I liked the onomonapea, but if he doesn't like it were not you to read it. Might give it another try in a month or two.
jacky
These board books are a nice addition to the llama llama series. There isn't much to them, but that makes them good for very young readers, as a board book should be directed. Natalie still likes them because she already loves Llama Llama. We like that the car in this one looks like the one we have.
Asho
This Llama Llama board book is very simple, but fun as a read aloud because of all of the sound effect and motions you can do with your baby as you read. All I have to do is say "Whoosh!" and my baby breaks into a huge grin, so his book is very effective for us to read together.
Lindsey
Another cute Llama Llama board book. It's a short rhyming story about how Llama Llama moves around with his friend. This one probably can't be acted out as well as Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop by energetic little ones but it is still a fun, short story.
Brenda
My 2 year old grandchild enjoyed this book. He chose it repeatedly to be read aloud to him, but it wasn't the giggly 'I can't wait to hear this story again' kind of request. So, it's an average good read for us.
Amyaileen
My son just loves the rhythm of these board books! They're perfect for young attention spans. I can't wait to "graduate" to the older Llama Llama books!
Cheri
Though there's not much too this book, my little guy loved it. Now just quoting it still brings a smile to his face.
Rosanna
Cute, but short enough that I'd recommend to 18m-2.5 yrs. I'm sure we'll be reading these often!
Angie
Not much of a storyline but what is there is fun for a short read aloud with a little one.
David Glenn Dixon
Didn't really hold my interest. Plot seemed thin, characters undeveloped.
Kathy Duffy Thomas
Brendon has it memorized, so it must be a good book.
Kendra
Can't wait to share this in baby and toddler times.
Jaime
My daughter's love all Llama Llama books! :)
Quint
From Grammie and Pop, board book
Nichole
Really fun to read out loud.
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Yawn
  • You Are My Sunshine
  • Farmyard Beat
  • Tubby
  • Duck & Goose, It's Time For Christmas!
  • I Like It When . . .
  • Silly Little Goose!
  • Dinosaur Dig!
  • underGROUND
  • It's Time to Sleep, My Love

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama
  • Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • Llama Llama Wakey-Wake
  • Llama Llama and the Bully Goat
Llama Llama Red Pajama Llama Llama Mad at Mama Llama Llama Misses Mama Llama Llama Holiday Drama Llama Llama Home with Mama