Start by marking “Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom

Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom (Llama Llama)

Llama Llama ZIP!
Llama Llama ZOOM!
Llama Llama Red Pajama
VROOM, VROOM, VROOM!

On the playground, Llama goes fast! Llama zips by on his scooter and swishes down the slide--whoosh! These board books are more than great read-alouds--they're great act-alongs, too! Younger audiences will love doing as Llama does in these supremely adorable, incredibly engaging new board books.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom

Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Time to Share by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Home with Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
Preschool-'L'
14 books — 7 voters
Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah GuarinoHearts and Llamas by Tara SivecThe Llama Space Tale by Isshak FerdjaniLlama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Time to Share by Anna Dewdney
Llamas
61 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Dolly
Dec 26, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their little ones
Shelves: childrens, rhyming, 2012
We've read many of the books in the Llama Llama series by Anna Dewdney and they are really fun books to read aloud.

Unfortunately our girls are growing out of books like this, so I have to sneak them in on my own when I get a chance. This is a short and cute book that encourages being active and zooming around.

There's lots of onomatopoeia and I'm sure that the littlest ones will want to hop and clap along with this book.

The narrative and illustrations are just as adorable and entertaining as I
Jem
Jul 06, 2012 Jem rated it it was ok
Lame lame llama. Shit didn't even rhyme.
Suzanne Kunz Williams
A fun book that illustrates so many of the toys children love to move with and play on. The onomatopoeia keeps the book fresh and fun

**What ways to you like moving / traveling? Do you prefer to go fast or slow? Why?
Annie Payne
Jun 09, 2017 Annie Payne rated it really liked it
You can never go wrong with a Llama Llama book!
Kevin
Aug 29, 2015 Kevin rated it really liked it
"Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom," is poetry in motion with movement as the theme. Llama Llama plays with a friend on all sorts of wheeled and non-wheeled movement makers. From scooters to slides this book promotes motion and examines the sounds they may make while in action. Every page is filled with smiles showing the true enjoyment of motion. The colors are appealing to the eye and allow the reader to focus on the activity being demonstrated. After all the commotion and activities of the day there i ...more
Anastasia Tuckness
Sep 26, 2012 Anastasia Tuckness rated it really liked it
Ever since Llama Llama hit the picture book scene in his first book, Llama Llama Red Pajama, families have been enjoying the rhythmic cadence, touching moments, and humor that characterize these wonderful picture books.

This year, Llama Llama has his own set of board books! There are three so far. Zippity-Zoom is full of action sounds and words, as Llama and his friend "vroom, swoosh, and zoom" all over the playground. Guaranteed to make all readers want to run to the nearest park, this book is e
Linda Branich
Nov 29, 2014 Linda Branich rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, poetry
This sturdy little board book is perfect for little ones to hold and turn the pages; not too big, and not too small. It is written in rhyme with onomatopoeia, and I believe that after enough repetition, the cute pictures would trigger them to recite to themselves. Llama llama is very active on many toys and sounds are associated with the activity, something that young children love to hear and imitate.
Emily
Aug 20, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
With a lot of little ones in my life, I'm always on the lookout for strong board books. This one's full of great beginning sound effects to act out ("Llama llama ZIP! Llama llama ZOOM! Llama llama red pajama VROOM VROOM VROOM! Llama llama SWISH! Llama llama SWOOSH!" etc) Could actually be read as a bounce (baby on lap, adult acting out motions) & perhaps become a baby's favorite that way. Exceptionally special? No. But it's simple, done right, and Anna Dewdney's rhymes never fail to scan.
Russell
Oct 20, 2014 Russell rated it it was ok
Cute rhyming scheme, nice uses of onomatopoeia. (view spoiler)
Lacey
Sep 09, 2016 Lacey rated it it was amazing
I saw this book at the library and decided to take it home to read. It's a quick book, fun words, very simple, and great to read before nap.

I just found out yesterday that the day before the author, Anna Dewdney, passed away due to brain cancer. My heart broke when I read that. I love her Llama Llama books and will cherish them even more now. R.I.P. Anna!
Rosa Cline
May 25, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
We have read every Llama Llama book there is now, and they are all super good. My 2 year old granddaughter loves him and has since she was about 9 mths old.

This board book is more for babies or very early readers it has two or three words per page as Llama Llama and his friend play. Fun words like 'zoom' 'zip''vroom' etc. ones that make little ones laugh and giggle
jacky
Jul 16, 2012 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
These board books are a nice addition to the llama llama series. There isn't much to them, but that makes them good for very young readers, as a board book should be directed. Natalie still likes them because she already loves Llama Llama. We like that the car in this one looks like the one we have.
Jennifer Heise
Feb 12, 2015 Jennifer Heise rated it it was amazing
Despite the fact that my 4 year old had gone off of Llama Llama in general, he ADORED this one: the rhymes, the zooming! Lots of giggling and reciting, and you don't need to be a Llama Llama groupie. Nothing much happens except that Llama and his friend do lots of action things, there is a near crash but a happy ending.
Lindsey
May 01, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Another cute Llama Llama board book. It's a short rhyming story about how Llama Llama moves around with his friend. This one probably can't be acted out as well as Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop by energetic little ones but it is still a fun, short story.
Alexis
Oct 06, 2014 Alexis rated it liked it
For some reason my son didn't like this book...he's a fan of other llama llama books. I liked the onomonapea, but if he doesn't like it were not you to read it. Might give it another try in a month or two.
Brenda
Mar 30, 2013 Brenda rated it liked it
My 2 year old grandchild enjoyed this book. He chose it repeatedly to be read aloud to him, but it wasn't the giggly 'I can't wait to hear this story again' kind of request. So, it's an average good read for us.
Meg McGregor
Mar 06, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Have your little ones act out all the action in this engaging board book!

The can pretend to ride their skateboards, drive their motorbikes, hang from the monkey bars, swoosh down the slide, swing very high, drive their cars, and jump on their bouncing balls.
Asho
Sep 12, 2012 Asho rated it really liked it
This Llama Llama board book is very simple, but fun as a read aloud because of all of the sound effect and motions you can do with your baby as you read. All I have to do is say "Whoosh!" and my baby breaks into a huge grin, so his book is very effective for us to read together.
Kendra
Oct 15, 2012 Kendra rated it really liked it
Can't wait to share this in baby and toddler times.
Cheri
Aug 04, 2013 Cheri rated it liked it
Though there's not much too this book, my little guy loved it. Now just quoting it still brings a smile to his face.
Nichole
Jun 11, 2012 Nichole rated it it was amazing
Really fun to read out loud.
Angie Harrold
Aug 15, 2012 Angie Harrold rated it it was amazing
Shelves: josh
Very Fun Book!
Ame
I love the rhythms in this one. Fun to read to toddlers!
Emily Rose
Sep 20, 2015 Emily Rose rated it really liked it
Shelves: pipers-books
I don't necessarily understand the appeal in this one, but it's a hit!
Sofia and Francine Dines
Sep 22, 2014 Sofia and Francine Dines rated it it was amazing
At 16 weeks old, we are moving more and more. We loved the repetition and onomatopoeia in this action-packed book.
Pam
Apr 29, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
Lots of noise making fun.
Rosanna
Oct 20, 2013 Rosanna rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Cute, but short enough that I'd recommend to 18m-2.5 yrs. I'm sure we'll be reading these often!
Kathy Duffy Thomas
Jun 14, 2012 Kathy Duffy Thomas rated it it was amazing
Brendon has it memorized, so it must be a good book.
Marilyn Thompson
Dec 17, 2014 Marilyn Thompson rated it it was amazing
Needs to be read over and over.
Natalie
Oct 06, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing
This is one of the greatest books I've ever read, in all of my 5 1/2 months. I like the rhythm of the language and the rhymes.
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Diggers Go
  • Yawn
  • Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug
  • Mommy Hugs
  • I Like It When . . .
  • Tubby (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Farmyard Beat
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • Ladybug Girl Loves...
  • The Babies on the Bus
  • The Goodnight Train
  • Little Tug
  • Baby Faces (Look Baby! Books)
  • underGROUND

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama