Start by marking “Sweet Giselle” as Want to Read:
Sweet Giselle

Sweet Giselle

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
This explosive page-turner from the acclaimed author of "Harlem on Lock" and "The People vs. Cashmere" is packed with passion, peril, and edge-of-your-seat suspense.
Published April 1st 2012 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Giselle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Giselle

Athena
Oct 02, 2012 Athena rated it really liked it
Sweet Giselle captured me from the first page. It was very well written and the writer did a great job of making the scenes play out visually in my head. Poor Giselle, there were times that I wanted to choke her for making such dumb decisions and there were times where I just wanted to hug her and pray for her. She seemed to never catch a break and with every event that happened to her my heart broke. One thing that I liked about her character is that she was a fighter physically and most import ...more
Carla
Jun 15, 2012 Carla rated it it was amazing
" Sweet Giselle" was my first read by Author Karen Williams and let me tell you, this book took me on one wild ride! It is the story of Giselle, a young girl struggling to stay afloat after tragedy strikes. Her life seems to be falling apart right in front of her eyes...that is until she meets the rich and handsome, Giovanni. Giovanni wastes no time providing Giselle with everything imaginable. She thinks she's finally found the answer to her problems. But little does she know...her problems ha ...more
Yvette
May 03, 2012 Yvette rated it really liked it
Wow! I love it when a book strikes different emotions within me! This one did just that! Giselle, sweet young and innocent Giselle, allowed herself to become captivated and totally swept by Giovanni! Giovanno was a MONSTER to say the least! I don't want to give the book away but this one had me tee-ed off, gasping in disbelief, and sometimes sad. It was very well written. This is the first book that I have actually read by Karen Williams but it won't be my last. I have others on my shelf that I ...more
Mary
Apr 14, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was a book that had my attention from beginning to end. Giselle had been through so much in her life that when she thought her knight in shining armour was there to rescue her she jumped at the change to be with him. After an unfortunate circumstance separates her from her husband she begins to learn more about her husband and the secrets he is trying to hide from her. This was the first book that I read by this author and I am looking forward to reading much more.
Monique Jackson
Feb 09, 2016 Monique Jackson rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Karen and I loved it. It kept my attention from the first page. Suspenseful with so many mixed emotions.
Latonya
well, i thought the book, was sumething, i never thought it be like that, that she got kidnapped by her husband enemies, all she was rape, and she feel in love with the only man that want to kill her husband, her husband is sumething, beat her up, and had guys gang rape her, and he didnt care one bit. i am so happy that she finally with the man she want to be with.
Alexis *Reality Bites*
THIS BOOK WAS NOT FOR ME.

This book focused on to many things that are to strong for my taste buds. I am not for brutality against women and i hate pedophilia. It was just waayy to much. This book included a psycho child rapist,kidnapping,abuse,shootouts and lots and lots of murder. I do not recommend:/ But to each his/her own.
Radiyatu Bafalie
Jun 14, 2012 Radiyatu Bafalie rated it it was amazing
when i first read this book, the story grabbed me from start to end. it felt like a movie. it was very emotional. giovanni is very obssesed with his wife, he would do anything for her but when he gies too far.. she really see the beast in him. great book fom start to end.
*~CONN!3~
Apr 29, 2012 *~CONN!3~ marked it as to-read
This book is one of two stories my online book club JawJackin 4 real is reading....Redbone is the other, this is April's picks..........I'm looking 4ward 2 reading them both.

OH wait............misprint, REDBONE is saved 4 MAY, my bad, lol
Marissa
May 04, 2012 Marissa rated it it was amazing
Be careful who you marry. If it looks to good to be true...IT IS!!
Nicole
Dec 30, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
Doniqual Nelson
Aug 30, 2012 Doniqual Nelson rated it it was amazing
"Sweet Giselle" is one of my favorite books by Karen Williams. The story starts off with teenage Giselle who has a very easy life. However, one day it changes and soon everything goes downhill from there. Giselle starts to do things she never thought that she would do in order to provide for her and her brother. Giselle meets a man, who will eventually become her husband, and he introduces Giselle to alot of things that she thought she would never have or see. Giselle now has a perfect life, but ...more
Sheda
Jul 13, 2015 Sheda rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! By the last page it definitely brought tears to my eyes. It's so crazy how many women actually do marry monsters and never have a clue about the things they are doing. Giselle went through entirely too much. I was happy to see character growth and change by the end. I would definitely recommend this book and I will be checking out other books from this author! Great read!
Kinnede
i love this book .
Winter
Feb 22, 2014 Winter rated it it was amazing
This book was amazingly good! I just chose this book looking through my random recommendations on Amazon. I was so pleased and couldn't put it down if I wanted too lol I highly recommend this book and fyI, I read this book a year ago, I just haven't updated my good reads page in for ever :)
Tasha
Sep 25, 2013 Tasha added it
I could not put this book down, took me 8hrs. Giselle went though so,so much and yet she came out on top, sorry her brother had to die. Got to read the rest of Karen Williams books, love,love,love her ;-)
Stephanie
Apr 21, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The new found love story someone described it as Stockholm syndrome, which is true but still the book was GOOD!!! I could not put it down. Another hit for Karen Williams!!
Keyanna69
Aug 16, 2012 Keyanna69 rated it it was amazing

This book was so good from beginning to end I expected a different outcome but was pleased with the ending. Love Karen Williams rocks
TeQuila
Sep 01, 2012 TeQuila rated it really liked it
Wow. okay loved the book but I have to say the last 10% of it was like watching Fight Club.It was a bit much, still a very good read.
Lisa G
May 01, 2012 Lisa G rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It grabs you from the 1st page. Karen Williams never disappoints
Tanesha Walker
Sweet Giselle was a very good book. I really enjoyed it, and i loved the ending.
Liza barbour
Aug 17, 2013 Liza barbour rated it liked it
This book wasnt so good but was okay. Not some of her best work.
Yvette
Apr 18, 2012 Yvette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-love-this-book
I was not disappointed! It was different & I loved it!
Delonya
May 21, 2012 Delonya rated it liked it
Final Rating 3 Stars.
Shewanna
May 14, 2012 Shewanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-street
It was a pretty good book..
Karen Bourne-Douglas
Mar 29, 2013 Karen Bourne-Douglas rated it really liked it
Great read.
Mrs Hill
Mrs Hill marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Dejah
Dejah marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Deana
Deana added it
Apr 20, 2016
Aysha Sanders
Aysha Sanders marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Welfare Grind
  • The Available Wife Part 2
  • Restricted
  • Finding Forever
  • Pretty Bright
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug Lord (#1)
  • Why Me?
  • A Dollar Outta Fifteen Cent Part II: Money Talks... Bullsh*t Walks
  • Love and Consequences
  • Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick
  • Stranded
  • Miserable Matrimony (G Street Chronicles Presents)
  • The Pussy Trap
  • A Gangster's Melody
  • Paparazzi
  • Inconvenient Love
  • Mad's Love (Raunchy #2)
More about Karen Williams...