Start by marking “The Last Death of Tev Chrisini” as Want to Read:
The Last Death of Tev Chrisini

The Last Death of Tev Chrisini

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Tev Chrisini is a soldier who can't die, caught in the middle of a war that won't end. Unable to discover the cause of his unique and puzzling condition, Tev has spent the last five hundred years avoiding the notice of the two rival powers that dominate the bitterly divided political landscape.

After a crushing defeat and an unexpected truce with an age-old enemy, he and hi
Published March 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Last Death of Tev Chrisini, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Death of Tev Chrisini

nichole
Jan 29, 2014 nichole rated it it was amazing
Take the trip

This is one of those book you can be completely absorbed in. You are within the story.The outside world is gone.You truly get to know the characters and make friends or enemies with them.You will fall into this book and breathe the same air as the characters in the book. When an author can do that,paint a story and bring you into it to live with in that world , they have given you an beautiful escape from reality.Who doesn't need that every now and then?! I truly enjoyed this book.I
Wonted
Mar 11, 2013 Wonted rated it liked it
I'm not generally a huge fan of fantasy novels, but this one was a treat. As soon as it starts moving forward I was invested in the characters, especially their dynamic flaws. A wonderful first novel, and I look forward to reading more by this author. Definitely recommend to others looking for a quick read with a fresh voice.
Gary Williams
Nov 27, 2013 Gary Williams rated it really liked it
I know I've really enjoyed reading a book when I feel that pang of regret as I approach the last page - the realisation that my time with some newly found friends is about to come to an end. This is probably why I found reading the glossary, after I had finished the book, to be a lovely reminisce of the characters' long journey across this intriguing landscape. It brought back to me some of the extraordinary details earlier on in the book.

Don't let the fact that this book has a glossary deter y
Ramerra
Mar 11, 2013 Ramerra rated it it was amazing
Upon picking up this novel I wasn't quite certain what to expect - as much as I enjoy the genre, I tend to handle fantasy stories at a dubious arms-length. As with any story that introduces you to a brand new world of the author's creation, the beginning takes some brainpower to work through. Once you get yourself a grip on the new places, factions and people, you can effectively begin to participate in the adventure. (Here I would have included my only complaint: that the book did not include a ...more
C. L. Deards
To improve my writing and to help other authors, I am reviewing novels by independent authors in addition to novels by popular authors.

I have been reading The Last Death of Tev Chrisini by Jennifer Bresnisk, but, with reluctance, I am setting it aside. I will not rate the story, because I did not finish (DNF) the book.

The book has received good reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. If you are into fantasy I encourage you to check out a sample. See what you think.

To be fair to Jennifer Bresnick, the b
Christopher Byron
Apr 15, 2012 Christopher Byron rated it really liked it
Intriguing characters, an interesting story line, and vivid locations… what else can you ask for?

If at times I felt that there was too much information coming at me too fast, it would only be because Jennifer Bresnick has created so detailed and nuanced of a world. Graciously she included a Glossary, though I failed to notice this until after I’d completed the story. Finding it sooner may have saved me some time referencing back to earlier parts in the story to be sure I had my facts straight. M
Josephine Calabrese
Apr 08, 2015 Josephine Calabrese rated it really liked it
GREAT STORY! The book starts out boring, dragging. I was about ready to put the book down; I'm glad I didn't!
There are grammatical errors. Words are joined together line after line at points. These joined words frustrated
me at first then I enjoyed the challenge. I would read lines here and there telling me of various characters' past.
I walked with the characters in their present lives and found myself following them in their goals and challenges.
The descriptive scenery, the smell of the grass, b
Joe Hinojosa
Sep 05, 2013 Joe Hinojosa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-reviews
While The Last Death of Tev Chrisini deals with war and the complicated politics between sides, and even among family members, at its heart it is very much a story about one man's journey of self-discovery. The events that were triggered before the first battle of the novel set in motion a course of events that propel Tev, and by extension us the reader, forward.

As is the case in most heroic journeys, Tev has the choice to refuse or back out. He could have chosen to deny is heritage and his dest
David
Dec 09, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
The Last Death of Tev Chrisini is a great fantasy novel. The world Jennifer Bresnick has created has a history and cultures just as deep as Middle Earth in Lord of the Rings. The characters are interesting and left me wanting to know more about them. This book could easily spawn all kinds of prequels and sequels, and I look forward to reading them all when they come along.
Kelly Poetker
Kelly Poetker marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Chandra Fry
Chandra Fry marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
DaveH
DaveH rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Nicholas Tedder
Nicholas Tedder marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Essie
Essie marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Austine
Austine rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2015
Ebby
Ebby marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Satis
Satis is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2015
Wendy Soto
Wendy Soto rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Kelly McDonald
Kelly McDonald marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Macy Tindel
Macy Tindel rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Spoil of Zanuth-Karun 1 2 Jul 15, 2013 08:42AM
Hello, everyone! 1 6 Jul 25, 2012 12:43PM
Jennifer Bresnick is a 2007 graduate of Mount Holyoke College with a major in history. Born and raised on Long Island, NY, she now resides in the Boston area, fervently avoiding all discussions about professional sports.

When she isn't writing down the conversations in her head to give them an appearance of respectability, Jen enjoys crocheting silly animal hats, being creative in the kitchen, and
More about Jennifer Bresnick...