Start by marking “6 1/2 Body Parts” as Want to Read:
6 1/2 Body Parts

6 1/2 Body Parts (Body Movers #6.5)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,158 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Carlotta Wren has always wondered what her life would've been like if her parents hadn't fled town and left her to raise her younger brother Wesley...but through a twist of fate, she's about to find out!
ebook
Published February 2012 by NeedtoRead Books

To ask other readers questions about 6 1/2 Body Parts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 6 1/2 Body Parts

Sara
As much as I have been looking forward to the release of a new Body Movers book, I have to say this one was a bit of a disappointment.
The whole story line basically revolves around Carlotta having a dream that her parents never left and what her life would have been like.
Shocker of all shockers, of course Carlotta finds that she wouldn't have liked her life. (view spoiler)
Sheryl
3-1/2 stars: I have a hard time giving a lot of stars to short stories because there just isn't enough time for much to happen, so 3-1/2 stars is pretty darn good in my opinion. It was nice to see Carlotta and friends again, but it definitely left me wanting more. This short story doesn't progress the story arc of the series at all; it's more like an off-shoot. Carlotta has always wondered what her life would have been like if her father had not been arrested and then run off with her mother. In ...more
Erika
I have been anxiously awaiting the next Body Movers book and while this is only a novella it is a nice appetizer for 7 Brides for 7 Bodies, which I now can read.

Carlotta Wren has always wondered how different her life would be if her parents hadn't left her and her younger brother Wesley behind for a life of crime. In 6 1/2 Body Parts she gets to see for herself.

I don't want to give away too much, but all of your favorite characters are present. Hannah, Jack, Coop and Peter. Even June Moody make
Louisa
Cute short story of what her life would've been like if her dad hadn't been accused and lost his job and went on the run! It was funny, because her 2 other "guys" Jack and Coop, had deja vu, which was pretty funny, and yeah, can't wait for book 7!
Kay
I almost wish she would've just added this to the beginning of the next Body Movers novel. It was intriguing, and definitely left me wanting more, but it's almost too much of a tease. Just my two cents.
Nicole
Kinda boring, I am ready for #7!
Shirley Worley
Through the ten years after her parents abandoned her and her nine-year old brother Wesley, Carlotta Wren quit school, left their high society and privileged circle behind, and took a retail job in order to raise her brother. They barely make ends meet, but stick together in the way a family should. Her new lifestyle is filled with keeping Wes out of trouble, investigating murders while moonlighting as a body mover, and having her heart pulled in three different directions. Ex-fiancé Peter, Dete ...more
Linda Hawk
After waiting forever for the next book in the Body Movers series, I was slightly disappointed in this book. I realize it is supposed to be a kind of short segue between the older books and the new one that will be coming out, but felt like this wasn't what I would have expected from Carlotta even under the different circumstances.

It was well written and had Stephanie Bond's unique humor stamped all over it making it fun to read. But I really want to get back to the real stories.
Wynn
Carlotta's Wonderful Life - Another twist on A Christmas Carol/It's a Wonderful Life this time starring Carlotta Wren. Starting off directly after 6 Killer Bodies ends, Carlotta falls asleep in her beloved Miata convertible and drifts to another world - a world where her parents never left. What would her life be like if her parents never went on the run crumbling her entire world? Would it be better? Would she be happier? In her alternate world with her parents, she finds familiar faces - Coop, ...more
Rachel Skinner
For what it was, I liked it, but as a Body Movers book, it was lacking. 6 1/2 Body Parts feels more like a TV episode with a 'moral of the story' (life isn't always greener on tht other side, be thankful for what you have, and so forth). That said, it was fun to see all the characters interacting in a new way, and I thought there was some telling character responses with all three men that continue to make it a challenge to guess who Carlotta should really end up with!

Given that book 7 will have
Marisella
I've loved the body movers books, and have been jonesing waiting for number 7. Carlotta Wren is such an incredible character; moxy to spare but vulnerable and sweet. 6 1/2 brought all the characters back into view. Nicely written and paced with a sweet story line, this was a great read
Kathryn Moore
This was a between the numbers. It has Carlotta in a different place as if her parents had never left them and her as Wes continued to grow up as they had been, rich and privileged. But she soon finds that money didn't really give her a better life.
Laurie
This book is just really a dream that Carlotta had on what would life be like if her parents didn't leave her. I'm not here or there on it but after reading the other 6 it's worth the read.
Sara
Silly. Rumor has it she has finished books 7 & 8, but it sounds like she's been trapped in some sort of rights battle, as at least two years have elapsed. I'll live, heh.
Sammi
This was a very interesting read, I liked how Carlotta was able to learn just how good her life has turned out. I look forward to reading the newest book in the series and seeing how/if this experience affects her relationships with the men in her life.
Marcia
Great novella

So glad to get back to the body movers series. What a fun read this was. I am looking forward to number seven.
Ljleelee
Hooked on this series. Keep checking for new books.
Josee
This one was my least favorite of the series!!!!
Terri
Just a short novella, but it adds to the series.
Jeannette G
I just cannot get enough of this series, I absolutely adore Body Movers Series. It is clever, well writing and I cannot stop reading the story. I highly recommend these series and all other Stephanie Bond Books. She is jus a creative and smart writer. I love her books.
Karen Rowe
What If....

I loved this step into an alternate time. Carlotta got to see what olph and Valerie had never abandoned them.

in this alternate time Carlotta and her mother are able to get closer.
Sally
Carlotta is recovering from the attack on her by the Charmed Killer and reeling from the appearance of the person who saved her from a certain demise - Randolph.

Unable to sleep, she finds herself sitting in her beloved Miata and soon falls asleep. When she wakes, everything has changed - her parents never left, she went to college, she is married and Wes isn't the nerdy brother. Has Carlotta slipped into a parallel time or was she dreaming the events of the past ten years?
Kristi
This is a short story picking up where we left off with Carlotta. She dreams about what would happen if her parents did not disappear. I found it extremely pleasant and love the characters. I forgot how much I miss reading about Carlotta and all of her craziness. I would have given this 5 stars but it is a short story and left me hanging for more. Ok, 4.5 stars for this reason. Maybe this is the point because I see there is going to be a #7.
Heather Alsip
Fun read- this series is addicting- I can't wait for the next one!
Matthew Cousens
I knew before reading this that it was a "between-the-numbers" add-in for one of my favorite series and that it was short, so I didn't expect much plot development. As expected, the book didn't contribute to the series' plot. I did enjoy reading it since it addresses one of human nature's most appealing questions: what if....?
Liz
I enjoyed this short story exploring what life could have been like, and enjoyed seeing the characters in different situations and circumstances that we are used to seeing them. It didn't develop the existing story lines at all, so it made me want book 7 even more. I hope we don't have to wait too long!
E
This is a short book, a novella, and it takes place in a sort of "This is Your Life" style, "What if our parents had never deserted us." It wasn't great, but about half-way through I started enjoying it. If you're a fan of the rest of the Body Movers books and the characters, it's a cute, short read.
Great idea for the series to show what could have happened if her parents never left. I really liked Wesley in this version but since it was supposed to take place after the 6th book in the series I didn't get the idea of what happened with the investigation with her dad.
Free on Kindle this week!
This is part of the Body Movers series books. Basically, Carlotta gets a glimpse of what her life would be like if all the bad stuff hadn't happened. It was sort of interesting. Chomping at the bit for the next real book in this series!!
Janet
This is an in-between book in the Body Movers series. It was a fun, short read about what would have happened if Carlotta's father had not gotten in trouble and her rich life had continued.

I was happy to see book 7 will release this year : )
  • Floaters (A Jack Daniels/Alex Chapa Mystery, #1)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)
  • Danger in High Heels (High Heels, #7)
  • Ten Rules for a Call Girl (Anna Curtis, #1.5)
  • Manna From Heaven
  • Cuffing Kate (12 Shades of Surrender Series)
  • Lucky Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #4)
  • No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #3)
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #3)
  • Silent Mercy: An eShort Story (A Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2.5)
  • Seeing Trouble (Deadwood Shorts, #1)
  • Killing Bridezilla (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #7)
  • Summer and Smoke and Murder
  • Wild Wild Death (Pepper Martin #8)
Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no formal training in writing (he
More about Stephanie Bond...

Body Movers (7 books)
  • Body Movers (Body Movers, #1)
  • 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)
  • 7 Brides for 7 Bodies (Body Movers, #7)
Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2) 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3) 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5) 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)