Start by marking “6 1/2 Body Parts” as Want to Read:
6 1/2 Body Parts

6 1/2 Body Parts (Body Movers #6.5)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  1,510 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Carlotta Wren has always wondered what her life would've been like if her parents hadn't fled town and left her to raise her younger brother Wesley...but through a twist of fate, she's about to find out!
ebook
Published February 2012 by NeedtoRead Books

To ask other readers questions about 6 1/2 Body Parts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 6 1/2 Body Parts

Sara
As much as I have been looking forward to the release of a new Body Movers book, I have to say this one was a bit of a disappointment.
The whole story line basically revolves around Carlotta having a dream that her parents never left and what her life would have been like.
Shocker of all shockers, of course Carlotta finds that she wouldn't have liked her life. (view spoiler)
Sheryl
Mar 19, 2012 Sheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, kindle
3-1/2 stars: I have a hard time giving a lot of stars to short stories because there just isn't enough time for much to happen, so 3-1/2 stars is pretty darn good in my opinion. It was nice to see Carlotta and friends again, but it definitely left me wanting more. This short story doesn't progress the story arc of the series at all; it's more like an off-shoot. Carlotta has always wondered what her life would have been like if her father had not been arrested and then run off with her mother. In ...more
Erika
Apr 16, 2015 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been anxiously awaiting the next Body Movers book and while this is only a novella it is a nice appetizer for 7 Brides for 7 Bodies, which I now can read.

Carlotta Wren has always wondered how different her life would be if her parents hadn't left her and her younger brother Wesley behind for a life of crime. In 6 1/2 Body Parts she gets to see for herself.

I don't want to give away too much, but all of your favorite characters are present. Hannah, Jack, Coop and Peter. Even June Moody make
Louisa
Nov 25, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute short story of what her life would've been like if her dad hadn't been accused and lost his job and went on the run! It was funny, because her 2 other "guys" Jack and Coop, had deja vu, which was pretty funny, and yeah, can't wait for book 7!
Kay
Mar 26, 2012 Kay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-novels
I almost wish she would've just added this to the beginning of the next Body Movers novel. It was intriguing, and definitely left me wanting more, but it's almost too much of a tease. Just my two cents.
Becky
Oct 27, 2015 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella is a fun and silly "It's A Wonderful Life" type story. Carlotta falls asleep and wakes up in an alternative world where her parents never abandoned her and Wesley. She runs into all the major players from the series- some of those encounters are a little silly, namely her conversation with Jack. But ultimately, she realizes that maybe the life she "should have had" may not be better than the life she has.

I am not sure how I feel about her ending with Peter, however. I've never been
Nicole
Apr 25, 2012 Nicole rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kinda boring, I am ready for #7!
Shirley Worley
Through the ten years after her parents abandoned her and her nine-year old brother Wesley, Carlotta Wren quit school, left their high society and privileged circle behind, and took a retail job in order to raise her brother. They barely make ends meet, but stick together in the way a family should. Her new lifestyle is filled with keeping Wes out of trouble, investigating murders while moonlighting as a body mover, and having her heart pulled in three different directions. Ex-fiancé Peter, Dete ...more
Linda Hawk
Apr 05, 2014 Linda Hawk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After waiting forever for the next book in the Body Movers series, I was slightly disappointed in this book. I realize it is supposed to be a kind of short segue between the older books and the new one that will be coming out, but felt like this wasn't what I would have expected from Carlotta even under the different circumstances.

It was well written and had Stephanie Bond's unique humor stamped all over it making it fun to read. But I really want to get back to the real stories.
Tammy
May 16, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute book in the series. Carlotta is taking some pain pills after an injury and thinking what her life would have been if her parents hadn't left and Peter hadn't married someone else. As she is thinking about it she goes and sits in the car her Dad bought her when she was 16 and she is transported to what her life would have been like and how things would have turned out sort of. Quite a cute read.
Stefanie
Very disappointed with this book in series. An almost 91page Novella dream of how it might have been in parents didn't leave. The parents did leave, didn't need that all described in this book. Only giving 1 star, I had to start reading from beginning twice to understand what was happening. . . the rest of series has been wonderful to read, you can skip this book.

Now waiting for library to get the 7 bodies book. hoping it continues where book six left off.

=======
Update 6-3-2016: If you are loo
Wynn
Carlotta's Wonderful Life - Another twist on A Christmas Carol/It's a Wonderful Life this time starring Carlotta Wren. Starting off directly after 6 Killer Bodies ends, Carlotta falls asleep in her beloved Miata convertible and drifts to another world - a world where her parents never left. What would her life be like if her parents never went on the run crumbling her entire world? Would it be better? Would she be happier? In her alternate world with her parents, she finds familiar faces - Coop, ...more
Yuckamashe
Oct 30, 2015 Yuckamashe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-fluff
A weird little side story in which Carlotta dreams of an alternate reality. It is the whole "road not taken" parallel universe of her life if her parents never left. I've always thought her parents were shitty. So, not surprisingly her future wouldn't have been that awesome even if they stayed.
Rachel Skinner
For what it was, I liked it, but as a Body Movers book, it was lacking. 6 1/2 Body Parts feels more like a TV episode with a 'moral of the story' (life isn't always greener on tht other side, be thankful for what you have, and so forth). That said, it was fun to see all the characters interacting in a new way, and I thought there was some telling character responses with all three men that continue to make it a challenge to guess who Carlotta should really end up with!

Given that book 7 will have
Lucille Bransfield
I really enjoyed this alternate body movers. Everyone wonders how there life would be if one thing changed, and it was fun to see how different Carlotta's would have been. I'm looking forward to reading number 7. I already have it on hold at the library. Good job Stephanie.
Marisella
I've loved the body movers books, and have been jonesing waiting for number 7. Carlotta Wren is such an incredible character; moxy to spare but vulnerable and sweet. 6 1/2 brought all the characters back into view. Nicely written and paced with a sweet story line, this was a great read
Lindah
Jul 06, 2015 Lindah rated it it was amazing
Great book! What fun to see how Carlotta's life could have turned out, and for her to have the chance to realize it wasn't quite as good as she had always imagined. Plus, the life that she had lived made her a better person. There's a lesson here... :)
Paraphrodite
May 23, 2016 Paraphrodite rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2016
I believe this novella was to keep the series alive until the next book. It's an alternative universe where Carlotta's previous life had continued and she became a "Real Housewife" who take martini lunches. Quite weird.
Kathryn Moore
Apr 15, 2015 Kathryn Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a between the numbers. It has Carlotta in a different place as if her parents had never left them and her as Wes continued to grow up as they had been, rich and privileged. But she soon finds that money didn't really give her a better life.
Laurie
Mar 20, 2014 Laurie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is just really a dream that Carlotta had on what would life be like if her parents didn't leave her. I'm not here or there on it but after reading the other 6 it's worth the read.
Christy
This is a very enjoyable series, but this one is my least favorite. The dream/alternate universe went on way too long and was mainly depressing. It was fine, but glad it is over.
Rhonda Clark
Kind of interesting how all the people she knows fall into her life again... you had to know that it would be a "dream" by the end of the book, so that was kind of boring/expected.
Tracy Grooms
May 01, 2016 Tracy Grooms rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun quick read

Enjoyed the light hearted tone of this book. Interesting to see "what might have been" Can't wait for the next one to see what Carlotta is up to!
Sara
Dec 28, 2014 Sara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audios-owned
Silly. Rumor has it she has finished books 7 & 8, but it sounds like she's been trapped in some sort of rights battle, as at least two years have elapsed. I'll live, heh.
Sammi
Apr 16, 2015 Sammi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting read, I liked how Carlotta was able to learn just how good her life has turned out. I look forward to reading the newest book in the series and seeing how/if this experience affects her relationships with the men in her life.
Jennifer Harper
Not really sure what the point of this little novella was but still enjoyed Carlotta's little romp through an alternate reality. Quick little read.
Joanne Lewis
Aug 17, 2015 Joanne Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read!

I have read all the books in the body mover series and enjoyed each one! A great way to spend an afternoon.
Marcia
May 16, 2015 Marcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novella

So glad to get back to the body movers series. What a fun read this was. I am looking forward to number seven.
Sharonrose
A quick fix on some of my favorite frivolous but funny characters from the Body Movers series.
Ljleelee
Aug 08, 2014 Ljleelee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Hooked on this series. Keep checking for new books.
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • No Money Down (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #0.5)
  • Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)
  • No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #3)
  • Scared Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #2)
  • Manna From Heaven
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Floaters (A Jack Daniels/Alex Chapa Mystery, #1)
  • Cuffing Kate (12 Shades of Surrender Series)
  • Ten Rules for a Call Girl (Anna Curtis, #1.5)
  • Danger in High Heels (High Heels, #7)
  • Other Than Murder (Frank Quinn #3.5)
USA TODAY bestselling author Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no f
More about Stephanie Bond...

Body Movers (7 books)
  • Body Movers (Body Movers, #1)
  • 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)
  • 7 Brides for 7 Bodies (Body Movers, #7)