Start by marking “Paper Hearts” as Want to Read:
Paper Hearts

Paper Hearts

A heartwarming novella from Maureen Child, the USA TODAY bestselling author of Charms…

The menfolk of Buckshot, California are rattled – Emma Taylor is back from finishing school, and she wants to fancify them. She insists they wear suits to the annual Valentine’s Day dance. Suits! When Emma sets her mind to something, she don’t give up. Look at how she chased Sheriff J.T.
Published March 11th 2012 (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Paper Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Hearts

Anne OK
Mar 18, 2012 Anne OK rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
(Kindle freebie)

A Valentine charmer with two lovable leads, along with a town full of delightful "matchmakers" makes this short novella an enjoyable quick read. A tomboy who has been "re-fined" puts a sheriff looking for a second chance to the test.
Amanda
Mar 16, 2012 Amanda rated it it was ok
Apparently, "unfathomable" was on the author's Word-a-Day calendar, because she used it an inordinate number of times.

I was looking for a easy, brainless read tonight, and I certainly found it in this. It wasn't terrible, I guess, but even in terms of romances it wasn't that good. On the bright side, it was free and short.
Shonnie
Mar 16, 2012 Shonnie rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-book
Short story. Ok read.
Tia
Mar 20, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
Too short and sappy for me
Becky
Mar 21, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it
It was a cute book. Not a lot of drama or suspense in it, but an easy reading romance book. Very predictable.
Sarah Eiseman
Mar 15, 2012 Sarah Eiseman rated it really liked it
I found this book free on Amazon the other day. This book was great! It was a short little story about a headstrong women named Emma, returning to her hometown after finishing school. She's determined to "civilize" the town through various changes to their annual Valentine's Day dance. Her long-time love, J.T. (the town sheriff), is determined to set things right between the two of them, but Emma is trying desperately to move on. She just can't shake him, though.

These two have some great chemis
Diane ~Firefly~
Cute short story. The story moved along well, I felt I knew what I needed to know and the romance didn't feel rushed.

Emma is just back West from finishing school and trying to talk the town into an elegant Valentine's Day dance and not having a lot of luck. J.T. is the sheriff and has been looking for signs of his old Emma and figures helping her with the dance is his best way to get close again.
Helena
Nov 30, 2012 Helena rated it it was ok
I downloaded this as a freebie on Amazon because I thought that the blurb sounded cute. Eh. I don't know. I didn't care for the book. It was okay, but could stand for a lot of improvement.

The main character annoyed me. She reminded me of a young adult after their first pysch class. 'I know everything about everything and you're all stupid." She was an annoying twit. JT is what got me through the story. He was a sweet character who deserved a better woman than Emma.
Cathy
May 25, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Nice story about a woman who returns home after spending two years in an academy and finding her love still waiting. She tries to organize the annual Valentine's Day square dance into a night she remembers from her academy days - waltzing with men all dressed up. It's a funny story.
Lisa
Mar 25, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This was a quick, cute story I got for free on Amazon. Emma is back from finishing school and in charge of the town dance. She's loved J.T. forever. He loves her too and he is going to do whatever it takes to help make it a success.
Tina
Mar 14, 2012 Tina rated it liked it
2.5 stars. For the most part I enjoyed the story, but the ending was a huge disappointment which cost a star.
Arlene
Mar 14, 2012 Arlene rated it it was amazing
I found this freebie on amazon. Very good read.
Tina Holt
Dec 07, 2014 Tina Holt rated it really liked it
Great!

Book was great...really kept my attention. Read it in one sitting :) ...Will look for more by this author asap
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Review to come, but I will say...I did cry
B.E.
Mar 17, 2012 B.E. rated it really liked it
A nice, heartwarming and fun read, with a cute little twist at the end.
0rigin3l
Sep 04, 2012 0rigin3l rated it liked it
Another kindle freebie. Easy quick read, typical romance. I enjoyed and would recommend.
Deanna
Mar 18, 2012 Deanna rated it liked it
Shelves: free-on-amazon
Found this book on Amazon as a free Kindle book and it sounded cute. It was! I enjoyed it and thought it was very sweet short story and not bad for a freebie!
SandraE
Sep 25, 2012 SandraE rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A well written and beautiful short story.
Rashika Deo
Feb 08, 2014 Rashika Deo rated it liked it
headstrong lead female.
Sharon Jones
Sharon Jones rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
SheLove2Read
Aug 12, 2012 SheLove2Read rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Christy Eudy
Christy Eudy rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2012
April
April rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Callista
Callista rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)
  • Wild for Mr. Wrong
  • Real Romance
  • The Rent-A-Groom
  • Avenging Angel
  • Warrior's Lady (Stones of Destiny, #3)
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Warrior's Bride
  • Chill (Alaska Heat, #2)
  • Bridleton
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • Much Ado About Madams (Hearts of Owyhee, #2)
  • In the Mood
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • Heart of Mine (Bandit Creek, #16)
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • Soul Catcher (Dueling with the Devil #1)
Maureen Child was born 28 September 1951 in California, USA. She and her husband enjoy traveling, usually taking road trips with her parents. When she’s at home, she is kept busy with her two grown children and a somewhat confused golden retriever named Abbey. She is busy writing her next book.

Under her own name, Maureen Child writes short contemporary novels—books she loves to write because of th
More about Kathleen Kane...