Start by marking “Paper Hearts” as Want to Read:
Paper Hearts

Paper Hearts

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A heartwarming novella from Maureen Child, the USA TODAY bestselling author of Charms…

The menfolk of Buckshot, California are rattled – Emma Taylor is back from finishing school, and she wants to fancify them. She insists they wear suits to the annual Valentine’s Day dance. Suits! When Emma sets her mind to something, she don’t give up. Look at how she chased Sheriff J.T.
Published March 11th 2012 (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Paper Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Hearts

Anne OK
(Kindle freebie)

A Valentine charmer with two lovable leads, along with a town full of delightful "matchmakers" makes this short novella an enjoyable quick read. A tomboy who has been "re-fined" puts a sheriff looking for a second chance to the test.
Amanda
Apparently, "unfathomable" was on the author's Word-a-Day calendar, because she used it an inordinate number of times.

I was looking for a easy, brainless read tonight, and I certainly found it in this. It wasn't terrible, I guess, but even in terms of romances it wasn't that good. On the bright side, it was free and short.
Becky
It was a cute book. Not a lot of drama or suspense in it, but an easy reading romance book. Very predictable.
Shonnie
Short story. Ok read.
Tia
Too short and sappy for me
Sarah Eiseman
I found this book free on Amazon the other day. This book was great! It was a short little story about a headstrong women named Emma, returning to her hometown after finishing school. She's determined to "civilize" the town through various changes to their annual Valentine's Day dance. Her long-time love, J.T. (the town sheriff), is determined to set things right between the two of them, but Emma is trying desperately to move on. She just can't shake him, though.

These two have some great chemis
Tina Holt
Great!

Book was great...really kept my attention. Read it in one sitting :) ...Will look for more by this author asap
Rashika Deo
headstrong lead female.
Helena
I downloaded this as a freebie on Amazon because I thought that the blurb sounded cute. Eh. I don't know. I didn't care for the book. It was okay, but could stand for a lot of improvement.

The main character annoyed me. She reminded me of a young adult after their first pysch class. 'I know everything about everything and you're all stupid." She was an annoying twit. JT is what got me through the story. He was a sweet character who deserved a better woman than Emma.
Diane ~Firefly~
Cute short story. The story moved along well, I felt I knew what I needed to know and the romance didn't feel rushed.

Emma is just back West from finishing school and trying to talk the town into an elegant Valentine's Day dance and not having a lot of luck. J.T. is the sheriff and has been looking for signs of his old Emma and figures helping her with the dance is his best way to get close again.
Cathy
Nice story about a woman who returns home after spending two years in an academy and finding her love still waiting. She tries to organize the annual Valentine's Day square dance into a night she remembers from her academy days - waltzing with men all dressed up. It's a funny story.
Lisa
This was a quick, cute story I got for free on Amazon. Emma is back from finishing school and in charge of the town dance. She's loved J.T. forever. He loves her too and he is going to do whatever it takes to help make it a success.
Deanna
Found this book on Amazon as a free Kindle book and it sounded cute. It was! I enjoyed it and thought it was very sweet short story and not bad for a freebie!
Tina
2.5 stars. For the most part I enjoyed the story, but the ending was a huge disappointment which cost a star.
0rigin3l
Another kindle freebie. Easy quick read, typical romance. I enjoyed and would recommend.
B.E.
A nice, heartwarming and fun read, with a cute little twist at the end.
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Review to come, but I will say...I did cry
Arlene
I found this freebie on amazon. Very good read.
SandraE
A well written and beautiful short story.
Lisa
Eh, okay read.
SheLove2Read
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Georgeanne
Georgeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Avenging Angel
  • Real Romance
  • Wild For Him
  • Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Warrior's Lady (Stones of Destiny, #3)
  • Chill (Alaska Heat, #2)
  • The Rent-A-Groom
  • In the Mood
  • Warrior's Bride
  • Special Delivery (Hollywood Hills, #1)
  • Bridleton
  • Love a la Carte (prequel to "the orchard")
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Much Ado About Madams
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Playing the Game
Maureen Child was born 28 September 1951 in California, USA. She and her husband enjoy traveling, usually taking road trips with her parents. When she’s at home, she is kept busy with her two grown children and a somewhat confused golden retriever named Abbey. She is busy writing her next book.

Under her own name, Maureen Child writes short contemporary novels—books she loves to write because of th
More about Kathleen Kane...
This Time For Keeps Small Treasures Dreamweaver Still Close to Heaven Catch a Fallen Angel