Start by marking “Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice (Winter's Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice  (Winter's Saga, #3)

Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice (Winter's Saga #3)

Tormented by evil.
Haunted by choice.
Searching for redemption.

******

Lines between good and evil blur as the Winter family fight for survival in Winter’s Wrath: Sacrifice. Book #3 in Winter’s Saga delves into the choices we make and the butterfly effect on the world around us. Meg Winter must cope with the caveats of her evolved gift or be consumed by them. Her family and fr
Published March 13th 2012 by Karen Luellen

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Wrath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Wrath

A Shade of Vampire by Bella ForrestThe Wronged Sons by John MarrsTell Me You Want Me by Amelia JamesA Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope KingDreams Come True by Bridgitte Lesley
Best of Little-Known Authors
360th out of 4,622 books — 4,153 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothInsurgent by Veronica Roth
Dystopian Faves
59th out of 62 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Sara
Mar 27, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Gerr!! That ending has me all kinds of upset right now! I wish I had waited till the next book was out before I read this one. I couldn't help myself though, I found this series not long ago and I'm officially hooked!

I'm not going to reveal any spoilers here, just talk about the characters. This book came at you hard from the first page to the last. There was so much going on and my heart was racing the entire time. I felt so much heartache in this book and so many characters seemed to be emoti
Anjie Kendall
Jan 08, 2013 Anjie Kendall rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-ya
This one doesn't let up on the action either, and just keeps driving right to the end. I was Team Cole for just a bit while reading, until he went all stupid or something. It was kind of hard to pull for him after that. Now I just want to shake him and ask what he was thinking. I just wanted to hug poor Creed, he's been through so much. Not even sure what I'd do to Williams, because I just can't think of anything bad enough, so I'm trusting Karen to come up with something hideous for such a ...more
Abbie
Nov 04, 2015 Abbie rated it liked it
Actual rating - 2.5

The characters in this were alright at times, but they really got on my nerves at others.

This one was a bit longer than the last one, so it seemed to drag more. I was pretty relieved to get to the end.
Ami
Jul 26, 2016 Ami rated it it was amazing
“Winter’s Wrath - Sacrifice” - the action-packed, gripping third installment of the Winter’s Saga - hits the ground running and never lets up.

In the book’s dramatic opening, metasoldier Creed is committed to helping the Winters, lovesick Cole has injected himself with serum in order to become more appealing to Meg, and Meg’s empathic skills torment her as she discovers that Dr. Williams is on his way to the family encampment with a rabid pack of metas, led by Creed’s vicious brother, Gavil.

Meg
Elise Marion
Mar 15, 2012 Elise Marion rated it really liked it

I've been following this action-packed series, watching to see what will happen next. Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice did not disappoint! Dr. Williams reaches all new levels of evil, Meg's evolving powers have made her an emotional powder keg, and Cole's injecting himself with the Infinity serum has unexpected results. Romances bloom everywhere, and the love triangle between Meg, Cole, and Creed becomes even more complicated.

First I'll explain why this review is 4.5 stars. For me, I missed a
Karin
May 24, 2012 Karin rated it really liked it
Dianne
Nov 12, 2012 Dianne rated it it was amazing
After reading books 1 & 2 of this series, I didn't know if the author could keep up the pace! The answer: YES! She can!

The Winter family, having been on the run is going on the offensive against the evil and demented Dr. Williams. The 'family' is also growing as more Metahumans see what it is like to feel the love and compassion the Winters all share freely.

Meg's abilities have 'evolved' and she is able to get into people's heads, take their darkest feelings and ease their pain. Poor girl, s
Laura Wolf
Jan 05, 2013 Laura Wolf rated it it was amazing
Just finished this and already digging into Part 4!! When I first got this series it was as a freebie from kindle and I saw that it was a YA paranormal but there was a comment on how good it was. And boy oh boy is it ever! I love how the evil the modern day Hilter dude is and I love the wonderful Winters family and all the new characters being added. I especially love how the Author keeps faith and God in the picture 1st and foremost along with all the action and bizarreness. If I could I would ...more
Morgan
Aug 20, 2012 Morgan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
First of all I have to say I am so mad at Cole, he is so selfish and I am borderline not liking him anymore, ugh..anyway. As for the rest of the book it was awesome as usual and Meg is such a bada** with her new powers-love it. Not so patiently waiting on the fourth book, come on October!
Angela
Oct 16, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
Wow! I thought that the first 2 were good books, this one had you on pins and needles through the whole book and then left you hanging at the end . . . . what a cliffhanger. I'm just going to have to get the 4th, 5th, and 6th book now, so that I don't have to worry about the cliffhangers.
Mandi
Apr 29, 2012 Mandi rated it it was amazing
nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! where... is ... the ... next...one?
Nereid
Sep 10, 2012 Nereid rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-family
I could not put this book down, I was quickly turning pages to find out what happened to Meg and Creed and to see if they escaped the island safely. It is the ultimate story of survival and betrayal. Questions are answered as to whether blood is thicker than water and if love can conquer all in the end. All the characters are so well fleshed out that you become invested in their story and hope with them that they can achieve the impossible. You feel love, sorrow, hope and despair at the ...more
Cat
Aug 25, 2012 Cat rated it really liked it
What?!? Oh man, so many developments in this book! You also get some recurring characters and new ones too. You also get to see what happened to some of the other characters since the last book left off.

The action is escalating, but so is the toll it is taking on the Winter family&associates. The evil Dr Williams is also amping it up in a scary way, and he is a seriously smart dude. The characters are still relatable, likable, and realistic (well, as realistic as they can be). There was much
Debby
Aug 16, 2012 Debby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I love Winter's Saga!!! I just finished Winter's Wrath and I haven't been able to do anything else since I started reading this series!! I can't put the books down because I have been immobilized by the depth of the characters and plot!! I feel as though the Winter family is my own because the author has done such a fantastic job making the characters real. The plot is full of action that keeps me on the edge of my seat. I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride and I cant wait for the next ...more
Franz McLaren
Mar 27, 2012 Franz McLaren rated it it was amazing
Once again Karen Luellen has penned a superb novel. With Winter’s Wrath she has solidified her reputation as master of suspense and action. This is made all the more impressive by her development of believable characters that draw the reader in. Her people are so real, readers feel a part of the Winter’s clan. This novel starts with more action than most books end with as the Winter’s clan fights to escape a death trap at the island home of a friend. From there, action builds as family and ...more
Ashley
Aug 26, 2014 Ashley rated it did not like it
Could not take it any longer. I rarely quit reading a book. I will power through most anything. I just couldn't with this. It made me want to go do anything but read. When I found myself rereading the same sentence for 45 minutes that was enough. Concept, its alright. The main characters are put on a pedestal that they don't deserve. They're billed as this family that's all goodness and light, but there is nothing backing that up. Oh and so you 'reformed' a killer? um no, taking away what makes ...more
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an okay read. The story was dull at parts and confusing in others. The book was slow-paced, but it got better near the end. However, the characters are alright in this book than in the previous two books. They still got on my nerves at some points, but they were pretty interesting as well. Also, I do not like the fact the author expects to relate to the new characters so quickly. I want to see where the series goes from here, so I will continue it. I am, however, glad I made it through ...more
Shannon Sonneveldt
Aug 02, 2013 Shannon Sonneveldt rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the Winter’s Saga series and both my son and I are reading it. It’s a series with so many elements that it’s keeping both of entertained and coming back for more. The problem… my son makes me wait until he’s done with one before I read it (so I don’t finish it before him) so I haven’t been able start #4 yet! He’s reading quickly though, so I highly recommend this series as I’m for anything that keeps him reading and loving it!
Allison
Jan 12, 2013 Allison rated it it was amazing
With Amazon Prime I borrowed the first book since it had great reviews and I have read three of them in about two weeks! They are page turners and are hard for me to put down (just with real life I usually have to!) I wasn't sure what this book would bring but the adventure continues and Karen writes well and keeps you wanting more! The only thing that I didn't like was that it was a cliff hanger and ended mid-battle! UGH!
Liz
Jul 21, 2012 Liz rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I finished it in less than a day. It was packed with action, mystery, romance...everything I wanted. My heart was crying out through most of this book for everything everyone was going through...Creed, Meg, Cole...UGH! Dr. Williams seriously needs to die! I'm gonna go crazy waiting for the next book to come out my heart is pounding after that cliffhanger ending, Karen! Well done. :)
This was another okay story, although once again it seemed to drag a bit. I do think it was an improvement on the previous book though. Meg seemed to have developed quite a lot of new powers in this one, and found lots of ways to put them to use too!

6 out of 10
Heather
Feb 11, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I read and enjoyed the first two books in this series when they came out. Bought books 3 & 4 when they came out but set them aside and eventually forgot them.
Cleaning up kindle and found them. :-)
Still a good story even if I am finishing the series long after completion.
Young Adult but good for anyone that likes science experiments that go too far.
Christy
This book was a book full of emotions. It kept me turning the pages w all the back stories tht gave us insight to all the metahumans we have met along the way. Thanks for the "OMGosh she did not just end this book like this" moment. You have done a GREAT JOB on book 3! Im currently already nose deep in book 4 :)
Julie
I love this series!!!!! I especially love the subtle religious emphasis. It is so refreshing. I read the first 3 books in 2 days. Couldn't put it down. I would spend the rest of today reading the 4th, but unfortunately I have things to do :)
Laura Beth
Apr 26, 2012 Laura Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fiction
I had no idea this was more than a trilogy until I got to the cliffhanger at end of the 3rd book. This is an amazing series. Very action-packed and suspenseful, and I love how focused it is on family and strong morals.
Julliee
Aug 27, 2012 Julliee rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SAGA WAS BREATH TAKING.I STARTED READING THE FIRST BOOK AN A MONDAY AND FINISH THE THREE BOOK THAT FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY.I JUST COULDN'T PUT THEM DOWN.I CAN'T WAIT ON BOOK 4
Amber
Jan 13, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, kindle-freebies
ahhhh!! i swear meg becomes more of a badass in each book!! lol definitely starting the next one RIGHT NOW!! lol
Jaime
Apr 20, 2013 Jaime rated it it was amazing
You can feel exactly how Meg feels and what she's going through. You really become attached to the Winter's - if you haven't already!
Amy
Aug 23, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
MUST... READ... MORE!!!!! Love these books! They make my heart sing, smile, ache, and race.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What Lies Inside (Blood Bound, #1)
  • The Discovery of Socket Greeny (Socket Greeny, #1)
  • Ghost in the Surge (Ghost #9)
  • The Selkie Enchantress (Seal Island Trilogy #2)
  • Daisy Madigan's Paradise (Morgan Sisters, #1.5)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Two
  • Reaper (The Guardian Legacies, #2)
  • Traces of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #4)
  • Once We Were Like Wolves (Tears of Rage, #2)
  • Nightshifters (Dangerous Lovers Collection)
  • The Overtaking
  • For Their Happiness (Moonbeam Pack)
  • Unmemorable (Unmemorable, #1)
  • Damaged: A Violated Trust (Secrets, #3)
  • Nothing Else Matters
  • Fangs for Nothing (Vampire Hunting and Other Foolish Endeavors, #1)
  • Sky Blue  (Ruby Blue, #3)
  • The Savage Principle (#3)
2919033
Karen Luellen lives in North Texas with her best friend/husband Dan, their four amazing teenage children and four rescued pets (two cats and two dogs).

Any spare minute, she can be found sitting in her favorite spot on the sofa--fingers flying across the keyboard, writing. But she can also be found:

* teaching kindergartners to read, write and get along
* laughing with her witty husband
* wandering a
More about Karen Luellen...

Winter's Saga (6 books)
  • Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1)
  • Winter's Storm: Retribution (Winter's Saga, #2)
  • Winter's Warrior: Mark of the Monarch (Winter's Saga, #4)
  • Winter's Scars: The Forsaken (Winter's Saga, #5)
  • Winter's Legacy: Future Days