Start by marking “Pleasure Island” as Want to Read:
Pleasure Island

Pleasure Island

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When Jackson Moore and Allie Read are paired up for reality show Pleasure Island, the challenge is simply to outlast their opponent. Both believe they will win with ease. What they do not realize is that they are about to face the greatest challenge of all—falling in love.

Jackson Moore is a typical Hollywood bad boy, and millions of women would love to be stranded on a des
Paperback
Published March 13th 2012 by Siren Bookstrand

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasure Island

Crystal
I recieved a copy of Pleasure Island for an honest review...

I must admit that one of my guilty pleasures in life are some of the reality TV shows and that is what originally attracted me to this book. It is Survivor meets the Real World (early seasons, not the crap they do now) meets Big Brother. Loved it!

Pleasure Island is the story 2 strangers, Jackson and Allie, picked to live on a stranded island... Sorry, I got carried away. At first glance, they are polar opposites. While Jack seems like a
Camile Carson
Absolutely fabulous reading! Francine Carroll has a way with words that paints a picture. You become involved with the characters in the first few moments. You cheer and yearn for them. Francine has a classic style that should not be missed. I look forward to reading more of her books.
Vicki
I would like to thank Francene Carroll for giving me her book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Pleasure Island is a story about a has-been movie star, Jack Moore and a documentary film maker, Allie Read. They are an unlikely pair matched up to be on a two-person reality show, with a large amount of money being the prize for the winner.

The womanizing Jack finally finds his match in Allie, as she is the only woman that has ever really been able to teach him something about life.

One thing
Becky Condit
Francene Carroll’s PLEASURE ISLAND is a delightful story about opposites and compromises. A new reality show has been hatched that proposes to pair two people with opposite personalities on a deserted island in the Pacific and whoever can stand to stay the longest wins $5 million.
PLEASURE ISLAND could have been a cliché – enemies to lovers. However, Ms Carroll created a character-driven story that is so much more than that. Jack and Allie both evolve while marooned on the island, and like a pend
Peach
It was really entertaining and hilarious to read about Allie and Jackson being stranded on an island as part of a reality show. Whoever lasted the longest would ultimately win prize money of $5 million. Allie and Jackson were such polar opposites - Allie being a tree hugger while Jackson was a wasted has-been actor who had been in and out of rehab. Time spent on the island ignited a strong attraction between them and they were good for each other. Jackson was really adorable towards the end, bei ...more
Sue Morris
What would you do to win 5 million dollars? This is a story of a man and a woman who allow them selves to be left alone on an island for a Reality TV Show for money.
I loved this story. It not only was a great love story but it made you think. Both of these people have vices they had to overcome,on the island and off.
But the main thought I had when finishing the book was..... Just because a person is "alive",that doesn't mean that person is "living"... Sometimes you just have to take a chance.
Emily
"Allie Read cannot believe she agreed to go on a show called Pleasure Island. As a documentary filmmaker, she finds herself wondering if she is going to lose credibility and she still has no idea who she will be on the island with."

Full review on Single Titles
Laurie Franco
Really good story, and I'd love to be on THAT reality show! The story was really cute and flowed seamlessly. I almost felt as though I were watching the show, or knew Allie and Jack. Great storyline, great ending, highly recommend the book!
Rachel R. (My Book Empire)
3.5 out of 5 stars for PLEASURE ISLAND.

Do you know the feeling in between liked it and really liked it? :) Yea, I think what I felt for this story was something like that.

I liked how the two protagonists are opposites of each other. Allie is a serious documentary film maker, and she didn't really take the audition for Pleasure Island seriously, but lucky girl, she got picked only to be with Jack Moore, an Australian actor who made it big in Hollywood but was also forgotten because of his alcoho
Chanpreet
There is a lot of realism in this book that makes the book pretty great. I like how the chemistry between the characters developed slowly. I was a little confused at the time table of how long they were on the island. But I found myself really enjoying this tale and it certainly kept me on my toes.

I look forward to seeing more from this author. She definitely improves with each book I read.
Kim
This one was just okay for me. There was too little romance and too much preaching of the author's obvious vegan, environmentalist beliefs.
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Lilian
Lilian marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Smcintosh
Smcintosh marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Jaimie
Jaimie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Robin (RBBR)
Robin (RBBR) marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Rebecca Reads
Rebecca Reads marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Stephenie
Stephenie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Nixee
Nixee added it
May 29, 2015
ZeniaRA
ZeniaRA marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Eve
Eve added it
Oct 24, 2014
Rogaya
Rogaya marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Shantyl
Shantyl marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Annabel
Annabel marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Making Connections: 551. PLEASURE ISLAND by Francene Carroll 27 121 May 07, 2013 07:26AM
I've written mainly romance and women's fiction so far in my fledgling writing career. I enjoy experimenting with different genres and styles, so who knows what I'll come up with next! I live in Australia.

More about Francene Carroll...
Prude & Prejudice Colton Manor Eternal Hunger Hunger of the Wolf Written in the Stars (A Short Story)