Start by marking “Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)

Infatuate (Gilded Wings #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  969 ratings  ·  131 reviews
Haven Terra is still recovering from an internship that brought her literally to the brink of hell when a trip to New Orleans leads to more trouble. Graduating early from high school leaves the spring semester free, so Haven and her friends Dante and Lance head to the Big Easy to volunteer with community service projects. But their true mission becomes clear when they run ...more
Published March 5th 2013 by Harcourt Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Infatuate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infatuate

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
359th out of 1,519 books — 10,768 voters
Boundless by Cynthia HandProdigy by Marie LuThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiShades of Earth by Beth RevisSplintered by A.G. Howard
January 2013
28th out of 77 books — 183 voters

More lists with this book...

Tldr: Team Lucian let's roll.

Looking back, I really don't think my review of Illuminate did it justice. What I meant to say is that the first Gilded Wings is one of the rare angel books I actually like because it's a devilish mix of The Devil Wears Prada and The Picture of Dorian Gray. While it definitely shows its angel book roots, particularly in its molasses paced first half and somewhat forgettable heroine Haven Terra, nonetheless it impressively captures the mood, tone, and atmosphere of it
Sep 17, 2012 Avani marked it as to-read
The cover's not as pretty as the first book, but I am looking forward to seeing what happens next in Haven's journey.
Especially with Lance.
Shaking with anticipation aosdifklasf

Phoooeee, why does Agresti always have to drag the climax up until the last page? I feel like I'm still sweating from it all.

I liked this book more than the last for several reasons. This book had the potential to be soo cliche but I am absolutely glad it didn't turn out s
Annabelle Marie Veronica
*****FINAL RATING: 4.75 STARS*****

I absolutely loved loved loved this book. It was gorgeous and enticing, and everything I could have asked for after being blown away by Illuminate. It kept me up reading late into the night, and it was even more haunting and creepy than the last book. It turns out demons can get still more evil, and that there's even more intrigue in this book than in the last. I adored it entirely.

Haven grows so much stronger in this book. Before th
Dec 01, 2012 Regina marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013, angels-demons
What?? i cant wait that long!! apparently Lucian will be back to feed the love triangle. I like Lance more though!
*sighs* I hate saying this sequel was a disappointment, but it was. I did manage to finish it in one day (which was a feat since it's 400 pages and I wasn't too emotionally invested).

I hated that there was this back and forth between Haven and Lance. It's like their relationship had no spark, and then it hit a rocky point where we didn't know if they would break up. At one point, it really seemed like they would, since they began to turn to others for comfort and considering that Lucian popped
Reading Infatuate was… entertaining. After I finished Illuminate, I was very eager to continue reading about the adventure of Haven, Dante and Lance. I wanted to find out if the devils might continue to do what they did best and tried to drag these characters literally to hell. I wanted to know if Haven, Dante and Lance would find out more about their heritage. I wanted to see if there were more people going through challenges and training just like them. Did I find all the answers that I was lo ...more
 Well, That sucked.

Zero creativity. This entire book was like a bad TV show. One of those you leave on the background while you are doing something else. It was that tedious.

The author used the same steps, the same formulation that she employed in the first book. It was unnecesarily long again, full of detailed descriptions and little actual action. Hell, she even recycled several scenes like we were not going to notice. Right.

I had to push myself to finish reading this. I just wanted to know w
Marie Clarisse
Wow. Infatuate really made up for the horrible pacing (but at the same time amazingly solid plot), of its first book.

For me, the characters of this series and the events that transpired were absolutely unforgettable. I read Illuminate a couple of months before, and look! I still remember everything. That's something a lot of books I've read weren't able to give me.

Uh, wait—let's get back to my thoughts on the second book of the Gilded Wings series.

First, I liked that even though I'm not from t
the golden witch.
Okay, so first, let me just say that this video? Totally sums up this entire book:

Confused? Don't be. This book is one huge crazy orgy of angels, demons, love rombuses (yes, rhombuses!), trials of faith, and Mardi Gras. While we see Haven and the bunch pushed to their furthest limits yet - physically, emotionally, and mentally - we also see a lot of the human condition - what one will do in order to relieve loneliness, stress, and how to feel accepted and
Becky Hutchison
May 22, 2013 Becky Hutchison rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes YA or paranormal
* Review also found at Blue Moon Mystery Saloon blog

Fall semester of their senior year is over, and Haven Terra, her boyfriend Lance, and her best friend Dante are now early high school graduates. The prior spring, the angels-in-training successfully passed their first of three angel tests by battling evil at the Lexington Hotel. This spring promises to be a little different. The three friends have been recruited to participate in a volunteer assistance program in New Orleans, a community still
Olya Kline
I love this series so far. I love the characters. Though in this book, I came to love Lucian even more this book, and less love for Lance. (view spoiler) ...more
Oksana  *Bookaholic*
I really really really wish Haven would have chosen Lucian. He was literally an angel, while Lance was being a really big retard and frolicking with Sabine. Lucian was always there, Lucian was always a gentleman, and he was a really sexy hunk. Anyway, I really wish that the book had ended differently. Hopefully, the third book will satisfy my whims.
I thought that the Krewe was epic, and it was actually fun reading about them. And Sabine... WTF!! I just wanted Haven to punch Sabine for being a t
Hannah (Filia Libri)
Diese und weitere Rezensionen findet ihr auf meinem Blog Anima Libri - Buchseele

Mit dem ersten Band ihrer „Die Erleuchtete“-Serie, „Die Erleuchtete: Das Dunkel der Seele“, hat mich Autorin Aimee Agresti wirklich überraschen können – das Buch hat mir deutlich besser gefallen, als ich es erwartet hätte und dem entsprechend habe ich mir auch vom zweiten Band so einiges erhofft. Und glücklicherweise hat „Die Erwählte: Der Ruf des Bösen“ meine Erwartungen durchaus erfüllen können.

Allerdings sind die

Haven, Dante und Lance haben es geschafft. Sie sind den Klauen des Bösen entronnen und konnten die Abgesandten des Satans in einem erbitterten Kampf schlagen.
Nun blicken sie ihrer neuen Zukunft ins Auge und beginnen ihren Neustart in New Orleans. Doch der Friede ist nicht von langer Dauer, denn selbst vor New Orleans schreckt das Böse nicht zurück. Während die Drei einen Plan schmieden, die neue Herausforderung anzunehmen und sich in den nächsten Kampf zu stürzen, bringt ein alter Bekann
Anna-Lena Krug
Titel: Die Erleuchtete – Der Ruf des Bösen
OT: Infatuate
Autor: Aimee Argesti
Verlag: Random House (Goldmann Verlag)
Ausstattung: Klappenbroschur

Reihe: Die Erleuchtete
Das Dunkel der Seele
Der Ruf des Bösen
Im Zeichen der Finsternis

In den Straßen eines schillernden, pulsierenden New Orleans greift DAS BÖSE nach den Flügeln eines jungen Engels ...
Haven Terra hat den Kampf gegen das Böse gewonnen. Zusamme
Sharons  Bücherparadies
Ich danke dem Goldmann Verlag für dieses Rezensionsexemplar! Ich hatte wirklich Freude das Buch zu lesen.

Worum geht es?
Haven, Dante und Lance beschließen nach New Orleans zu gehen. Sie wollen das alte Geschehene hinter sich lassen und hoffen auf ein bisschen Ruhe und Spaß. Doch das Böse schläft nie. Schon bald lauern neue Gefahren und sie müssen sich auf etwas gefasst machen. Und was hat es mit Lucien auf sich? Auf welcher Seite steht er? Das spannende Abenteuer geht weiter...

Der Einstie
Favo La
Die Autorin macht es einem wirklich leicht, sich wieder in die Geschichte einzufinden. Wir begleiten Haven, Dante und Lance zuerst an ihre Highschool und bekommen mit, wie sie ihren Schulabschluss bekommen. Nach ihrem Praktikum im Hotel und dem damit verbundenen Kampf um ihre eigenen Seelen, haben sie sich diesen innerhalb kurzer Zeit erarbeitet und verabschieden sich danach in ein weiters Praktikum. Dieses Mal geht es nach New Orleans, wo sie bei einer Hilfsorganisation mitarbeiten wollen.

Infatuate is the second novel in the Gilded Wing this book is a great addition to the series but my favorite in the series is still Illuminate. This book is a perfect mixture of gothic genre and paranormal romance. This book had a great balance of light and dark components, comedic relief, romance, mystery.

The only problem I had with this book was the lack of an ultimate master villain like Aurelia Brown making the Clio the leader of the Krewe seem to give a lacking in the mastermind sense to m
Sep 03, 2012 Ade marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-i-own
Eeek! I need to know when it's coming out ):

EDIT 9/3/2012: WTF? Why is the cover so... (to put it bluntly) ugly? Please tell me that it's going to change...
I loved this book and I can barely explain why. I think it has to do with how tangible the mystery and suspense are, and how great the author builds the story to the point where I'm dying to know how and why. I think of the biggest things I like about this series is the independence the three have in their lives, and the storyline that only builds with each page. Haven has really grown on me as a character, as have Lance and Dante, although Lance really annoyed me at times in this book for some ...more
3.5 stars. It kept me interested for the most part, the beginning (just like in the first book) dragging slightly. The dialogues, though, sometimes were painful to read. (Does Haven, with all her strength as an angel-in-training, really need to be so intimidated with her own boyfriend, that it takes her half the book to confront him about their relationship? And why does she need to constantly apologize and feel guilty about her insecurity towards Sabine??) All I wanted to tell her was to man up ...more
Team Lucian. 'Nuff said.
I was pleasantly surprised with Infatuate. I wasn't sure head over heals about Illuminate, but glad I stuck around for book two. The pacing is faster, but there is still the same overall feel of the book. There are many similar moments between Illuminate and Infatuate. I wasn't sure if I necessarily enjoyed or disliked it - it was just okay. And there is an absence in the book that leaves this large hole from where a certain character is void.

Overall I liked Infatuate, enough for my interest to
Das Cover:
Abgebildet ist eine junge, schwarzhaarige Frau mit großen braunen Augen. Sie schaut meiner Meinung nach etwas erschrocken oder eingeschüchtert. Sie träge ein hübsches gelbes Kleid und trägt in der Hand eine Maske. Im Hintergrund sind auch hier leicht ein Paar Flügel zu sehen. Der Buchtitel ist wieder in einer erleuchteten Farbe geschrieben. Einach wundervoll. Das Cover passt somit sehr gut zur Geschichte und ist, genau wie Band 1, eine Augenweide.

Die Geschichte:
Haven, Lance und Dante h
Infatuate by Aimee Agresti:

When I finally found my copy of this book I was beyond excited to read it... and read it I did late into the night. Sleep was apparently not an option, more like a suggestion that I only gave into eventually because real life was knocking on the door. By that point in the book I both wanted to smack Haven over the head (Please note she is my favorite character) or give her a hug. Don’t ask me what my feelings on that were later in the book.

The author of this book knows
Liz Calderone
This one had the same before/middle/after effect as the first one where in the first thirds of the book before they know of and are learning there is a problem, then they plan/train to solve the problem and, finally the big showdown where they solve the problem.
The first one was about intellectual manipuation where as in this one it was more about emotional manipualtion demons.
I loved the first book and had high hopes for this one but unfortunately this one fell into the 2ed book trap wher
Carrie Mansfield
From so-bad-its-good to merely okay.

I ripped into the first book of this series and to be honest, I stand by a lot of the criticisms I made there: the set up for the internship was beyond ridiculous and the heavy-handed naming and the cover absolutely gave away the "twist" of the book. And even though I couldn't really recommend it to anyone, I admit there was something compulsively readable there.

I hadn't planned on picking this up, but when I spotted it browsing the bookstore shelves, I decide
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 05, 2015 09:13AM
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Avenger (Halflings, #3)
  • The Rose Throne (The Rose Throne, #1)
  • The Gathering Darkness
  • Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
  • The Elementals (The Vespertine, #3)
  • Abandon (Possession, #3)
  • Charmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles, #2)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Belladonna (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart (Magic Most Foul, #2)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
Aimee Agresti is an entertainment journalist with ten years of experience writing, editing, and chatting up celebrities. A former staff writer for Us Weekly magazine, she has interviewed everyone from Angelina Jolie and George Clooney to the stars of The Hills, and even penned the magazine’s coffee table book Inside Hollywood.

In addition to Us, her work has appeared in People, Premiere, DC Magazi
More about Aimee Agresti...

Gilded Wings (3 books)
  • Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1)
  • Untitled (Gilded Wings, #3)