Start by marking “Masquerade (Canterwood Crest, #16)” as Want to Read:
Masquerade (Canterwood Crest, #16)

Masquerade (Canterwood Crest #16)

Canterwood Crest Academy cordially invites you to a costume party--with a special sweetheart surprise.Canterwood is known for its fabulous parties, and Halloween is no exception. Lauren Towers is especially excited for the big day. Not only is it her favorite holiday, it's also her birthday And this year, she and her friends will celebrate in style--by attending Canterwood ...more
Published September 11th 2012 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masquerade

Emma Olsen
Oct 18, 2012 Emma Olsen rated it liked it
I love Jessica Burkhart's books. I really do. The early CCA books were awesome- suspenseful,full of horses, and plenty of character flaws. The Lauren Towers books are NOT my favorite. They are good, and I will stick with it hoping for a better story, but I have critique. I rated this book three stars because first, Lauren Towers has absolutely NO real character flaws. She's honest, smart, pretty, organized, a good rider, and pretty much perfect. Sasha had plenty: she lied to her friends, she di ...more
Aishah Q.
Sep 17, 2012 Aishah Q. rated it it was amazing
Oh Mon Dieu! Best. Book. Yet! I liked how Khlo is so supportive of LT! :) My fave part had to be when Drew and LT shared that umbrella! ;) And the ending was. So. Surprising! Cannot wait for Jealousy!
Kathy
Jan 14, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it
Hi guys! Here's the lowdown on this series if you've never read them: basically they're about middle-schoolers who attend a prestigious boarding school. Most of the characters are horseback riders. If you're a non-rider like me, this may sound potentially difficult to read, but the author makes everything easily understandable and interesting to read! This is book 16 in the series and so far, I've read all of them. These books are for a younger crowd, but they do have a slightly older feel to th ...more
 (◕‿◕✿) q υ є є η
So far Lauren has her super awsome halloween and birthday on the same day! Lauren is hopping that Drew is going to kiss her but someone unexpected shows up and makes her halloween/birthday bash into a total sucesses/drama. instead of Drew kissing Lauren her ex boyfriend comes to canterwood because it was her birthday. So taylor (ex) kisses Lauren and says happy birthday!
Emma
Sep 09, 2012 Emma added it
I LOVED THIS BOOK too! It feels like I'm actually at Canterwood Crest Academy, and I would definitely want to be friends with all of the horses and Lauren and Khloe!
Addie
Oct 11, 2012 Addie rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. It's intersting and makes me want to continue reading.
Nov 06, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horse-books
The ending def surprised me!!! Can't wait for the next one. I love these books so much. They make me feel like I'm actually there with them. LOVED when D shared his umbrella w/ LT :)
Mia Robertson
Jan 21, 2017 Mia Robertson rated it it was amazing
LTs Birthday is on Halloween and her friends are surprising her with a Masquerade Party. All is going well until an Anounymous person shows up. Laur thinks its Drew but is she wrong...
alicewkprincess
Oct 15, 2016 alicewkprincess rated it it was amazing
I LOVE CANTERWOOD CREST. One of the best drama series I've ever read.
Mehsi
-1 star for the ending. Sorry, but what the hell is up with that. I won't spoil anything of course, but seriously, was that needed? Was it needed to add that level of drama to such an amazing, and also fun, book? Though, then again, knowing the levels of dramarama in this series I guess the answer is yes. :| I am kind of worried about book 17 and 18 now though, guess I will have to buy them soon so I can find out what will happen.

The rest of the book was amazing, though now that I think of it, t
Jan-Rose
Oct 07, 2015 Jan-Rose rated it it was amazing
Cat
i <3 Canterwood Crest again!

I almost wanted to stop reading it because I'd just gotten used to Sasha when new girl Lauren was introduced, but now I'm feeling it again: the reason why I love CC!!! :) And I just adore the ending; it was so perfect. I have to say, though, I totally knew it wasn't Drew, especially with the way it mirrored Little White Lies's surprise ending. Plus, Taylor made it pretty obvs that he wansn't over her. And what's up with Ana and Brielle? They're pulling away and ke
Lexie
Aug 31, 2015 Lexie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 9-13 year olds
Recommended to Lexie by: My friend
Shelves: summer-reading
This one was better. Kinda. But how do the girls have enough money to throw parties like these almost every other weekend? I'd be broke. And who has the time?!?!? It's not much of a surprise that Taylor decided to come to Canterwood. I think the author should have expanded more on the mysterious person who posted that "nasty" comment on Lauren's blog. It's kind of like it's there, and then we hear no more about it.
CC
Feb 09, 2013 CC added it
OMG ok this book has such a cliff hanger, if you haven't read the series plz for me READ THE BOOKS! This picks off where Comeback left off Lauren preparing for her birthday, a mean blogger and her crush asking her out until her her birthday party comes there is some real drama but I'm not telling you, you have to find out for your self
-CCya
Reba
Feb 18, 2015 Reba rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Michelle Arrow
Dec 10, 2012 Michelle Arrow rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boarding-school
This book was perfect for this Halloween season! Lauren's birthday which is on the spooky holiday is coming up soon, and Chloe and the rest of the gals start planning for this big event. Will her bday be a big hit or a big NOT?
Sheigh
Dec 22, 2014 Sheigh rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!
It was an easy read and I recommend it to anyone close
to the age of twelve. This book has many different situations such as, school dramas, horseback riding and basically stuff that teens/tweens may go thru.
One of my faves from this series! :)
Stephanie Zapff
May 13, 2016 Stephanie Zapff rated it it was amazing
This is another book from my favorite serie on the whole entire universe. In this book Lauren is having a party not only on her birthday, but on halloween too! Read the book what crazy things happen when lauren sees an old friend at campus...
Ava
Sep 29, 2015 Ava rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Incredible writing!! Love the ending where she thought it was Drew but instead it was Taylor lol. I wonder how Taylor got to her party. Maybe he transferred to Canterwood Crest idk. Can't wait to read the next book.
Monica
Dec 02, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it
great book but fate the cliff hanger but guess that's what makes people buy more.i have read them all numerous times.
2 Zuling Q
I really enjoyed this book. At the end it left me in suspense between two characters conversation.
A.G. IV
May 01, 2012 A.G. IV rated it it was amazing
This was a great book- with a surprise ending. I really wish I didn't have to wait until February for the next one!
Christine
Jul 11, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
Read from September 17th 2012-September 22nd 2012.

Re-read from July 31st 2014-August 4th 2014.
Brodie Hawkins
Jan 02, 2015 Brodie Hawkins rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. If any of u love horses than I suggest u should read the a circuit series, riding lessons and flying changes by Sara Gruen the girl that writes water for elephants
Jessica
Oct 05, 2014 Jessica rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Kacie Faith
This series was a childhood favorite of mine! Looking back, it's pretty terrible. But I loved it as a kid and it made me appreciate books more, so that's what matters!
Ilonabooks
Exciting
Selten Kaninchen
Sep 06, 2016 Selten Kaninchen rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
Just too boy centered.
Sore
Dec 21, 2013 Sore added it
I love this book it's so good but I love Sasha silvers books better. There juicer and have more drama.
this book is the best 3 7 Dec 28, 2012 06:59PM
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • Horses For Dummies
  • The Missing Pony Pal (Pony Pals, #16)
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • Darcy (Horse Diaries, #10)
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • A Horse of Her Own
  • A Chance to Shine (Chestnut Hill, #11)
  • Racing into Trouble (Timber Ridge Riders, #2)
  • The Black Sheep
  • Out of the Blue (High Hurdles, #4)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)
  • Triple Fault (Canterwood Crest #4)
  • Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)