Start by marking “The Honeymoon Cottage: A Pajaro Bay Cozy Mystery + Sweet Romance” as Want to Read:
The Honeymoon Cottage: A Pajaro Bay Cozy Mystery + Sweet Romance

The Honeymoon Cottage: A Pajaro Bay Cozy Mystery + Sweet Romance (Pajaro Bay #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  486 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Kindle Edition.

Camilla Stewart desperately needs to make a fresh start: her despicable ex-fiance stole her life savings, embezzled from her job, and then disappeared without a trace--leaving behind nothing but his eight-year-old son, Oliver.

But when she arrives in the little beach town of Pajaro Bay, she immediately runs into local sheriff's captain Ryan Knight, and finds
Published March 13th 2012 by Pajaro Bay Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Honeymoon Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honeymoon Cottage

V!cky
There's nothing that disappoints me more in a book than it not causing me any feelings. I'd rather hate the characters or be outraged at the things happening (at least I'd be able to rant about it and maybe experience some catharsis) than just.. not give a damn about anything.

There was nothing overly wrong with The Honeymoon Cottage, it was just bland. It didn't start off so bad; we meet Camilla and the little kid she's looking out for after his father ripped her off and abandoned Oliver. I tho
Gloria Bernal
My first by this author, but it won't be my last. It flowed well and kept my interest from the onset. It is a clean, well-written romantic mystery. You can't help but like and care about the main characters: Camilla, who's lost everything except her exes boy, Oliver, and Capt. Ryan, the officer who befriends them in Pajaro Bay, a coastal town set in CA. They each have their story and crosses to bear. Even the supporting characters residing in Pajaro Bay are likable and well developed. The settin ...more
Anna
I've come to the conclusion that the books with the best reviews tend to leave me cold --- they're just a bit boring (too mainstream). Ones with mixed reviews, like this book, are far more likely to suck me in and keep me happy.

I can't really explain what separates books like this from the ones I stop reading after a couple of chapters. If I described the plot, they'd sound the same. But The Honeymoon Cottage has that spark of life that many books lack, plus a heroine dealing with a con-man ex a
LeeAnna Lane
The Honeymoon Cottage

This has a lot to recommend it. It has romance, danger, suspense and a view into the mental turns out lives take due the experiences we have from childhood on. It shows you how all of us are a combination of emotions, experiences and whom we know. This pretty much determines who we become. Sometimes it takes us awhile to figure this out. In this book it took a while for both of the heroes to figure this out to straighten out their outlook and make their lives complete.
Elaine
I was a little unsure about this book at first but the more I read the more I started to enjoy it. Camilla and her eight year old step-son Oliver have arrived in Pajaro Bay to make a fresh start after Dennis, her fiancé and father to Oliver, disappeared out of their lives leaving a trail of problems, debts and accusations behind him. Their predicament touches the heart of Police Officer Ryan Knight who is determined to help them and get to the bottom of Dennis’ disappearance.

The story can be rea
Debbie
Easy reading romance with a bit of mystery involved. This takes place in a small town where everyone knows everyone and their business, but mostly in a caring way. This place seems too good to be true, and I'd love to live there.
The description of characters are right on and you understand them quickly. I felt like I was a part of this community.
The sheriff is 28 yrs old. His "damsel in distress" is 24. But they are both very mature and responsible. I think 30 somethings would be a more appropri
Linda Walters
Camilla Stewart has a Laundry List of Troubles:
She's been accused, and arrested and out on bond until the embezzlement charge gets cleared. She didn't do it so for her everything points to her fiance as the culprit Its a lot of money that got stolen from the company she worked for and even her own finances are stolen too! She barely has a penny to her name, her fiance Dennis Hutchins skipped out on her, leaving his eight year old son, Oliver with her. She doesn't know how but she's going to do
Zoey42
Wende
At first I thought it was going to be one more boring mystery with a the main charactors in a boring relationship. I was about to give up when it picked up. I loved Oliver. His sweet little boy outlook with a dash of hopelessness just got to me. The book would have been five stars but Camille and Jack's romance was rushed with to much angst thrown in.
Amber Jones
Running is what Camila does best. Running from her past, running from her present, and trying to avoid a happy future.

The first book in this series leaves a little bit to be desired...a better proofread is one of those desires. I'm not someone who always notices errors, but I noticed these.

The plot of the story was decent, but not executed in the best manner. Brooding guy quickly falls in love with a damsel in distress. damsel fights brooding guy because she feels she is a criminal because of
Barbara O'Neal
The honeymoon cottage

I really liked this book because it had romance a little comedy and some mystery all mixed in together making it interesting book from start to finish. I love the way that Barb makes her characters so real just enough mystery to make the book interesting all the way through.
Amanda
I won this book from a GoodReads First Reads giveaway.

I absolutely loved this book. The characters were extremely real, well developed and completely relatable. I see a lot of myself in Camilla - having been taken advantage of in a similar way to Camilla, I know what it's like to want to constantly run away and to not trust anyone - and that really touched me in a way I never expected when I first picked up the book. The town was also cute and charming, and the setting lifelike.

I found this book
Rose
I like it! I thought it was cute, sweet and the I didn't see the solution to the mystery coming until the very end. It had a sweet romance. Yes there was some hemming and hawing about their feelings, but overall, this was an enjoyable read.
Vicki
I Love when I find a new Author, I have never read before. I enjoyed this book so much. I love a good beach read, and I love Santa Cruz where the Boardwalk is. Now I am on to the 2nd book in the Pajaro Bay series.
Karen J. Temmen
Really liked this book.

Really liked this book.

I loved the way this author developed her story. The characters had depth, families, and backgrounds. Good twist with the mystery.
Nelta
This is a nice quick read....I enjoyed the small beach town scenario and can relate to the vibe as I own a cottage in a small town on the southern east coast. A great summer read....very nice cover!
Doreen
I thoroughly enjoyed this book- a very refreshing read. The story and characters were very believable and anyone could easily identify with the experiences of the characters. This book had romance, danger and suspense so it kept me glued to my Kindle..
Joyce
Absolutely loved this book, can't wait to read the rest in this series......had me on the edge of my seat during the entire read. Hope to read many more books by this author.
Denisa Howe
Magnificent read! The characters Camilla and Ryan are intriguing people that fit the plot perfectly. A bit of a mystery, hiding, broke, a child, a sheriff and a strange nosy town that means well. The writer introduced the characters so smoothly and naturally it warmed my heart and seemed real of today not forced or made up but rather unique and sweet. After reading and finishing… I wanted it to go on, wanted to know what else might be in store for them, I wasn’t through knowing them yet.
I receiv
Sue
I first saw this book on Goodreads and decided I had to read it, and am very glad I did!! The story line was great and besides the romance and suspense we were able to meet quite a few people in Pajaro Bay. I really like this in a book, to meet and sort of get to know other characters besides the main ones in more than a passing way. Ryan and Camille both had their own issues, and I wasn't sure if they would be able to work through them. Oliver is a great little boy and really Ryan and Camille a ...more
Georgia
Enjoyable read and had a nice pace where I could put it down and pick back up without any problem.
Kandra
Um...it was okay. Nothing very memorable, really. The descriptions of California were nice, but the characters and plot were pretty predictable. It didn't annoy me as much as it did some readers, but I am not likely to watch for more books in the series.
Marilyn
Good

the people in this story were of the many types of c
disfucnal families .the relationships were drawn together in conclusion.
Elizabeth
Good story, but it was really hard to relate to the characters. The pacing was also off.
Shell Shearer Swinscoe
awesome story...the right amount of everything made this story just perfect! x
Lori Mitchell
Very good.....want to read her other books
Julia
Great book! Couldn't put it down!
Gayla Glass
Very cute. Worth the read.
Joan
Disclaimer: I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway contest.
Now to the good stuff. I loved this book. Barbara really developed her characters well. I felt like I knew Camilla and Ryan as their story progressed. And little Oliver grew on me as more of his story came to light as the story progressed. I would really enjoy living in Pajarro Bay. It sounded to me like the perfect place to live and love. I look forward to reading more of Barbara's stories set in Pajarro Bay.
  • Hidden Moon Bay (Pelican Pointe, #2)
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #1)
  • Dead Again
  • Lily Does Sweden
  • With Cruel Intent
  • In the Spotlight (Mayne Attraction, #1)
  • Cut Loose (Dusty Deals Mystery #2)
  • Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, #1)
  • Another Saturday Night and I Ain't Got No Body (A Page Turners Novel, #1)
  • Burning Embers
  • The Lightness of Dust (The Meronymy, #1)
  • Cliffhanger (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, #1)
  • Forever Dreams  (Montana Brides, #1)
  • Girl Cop
  • Passion Patrol 1 - A Sexy Police Romance Suspense Novel
  • Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager
  • Steamed (Maid in LA, #1)
  • The Last Best Hope: A Civil War Era Alternate History
To get the latest book release news (include first word of giveaways and FREE book days), sign up for the mailing list here:

If you have trouble finding my books, please check out the links at:

Thanks!

Email me if you want to talk...

barb@BarbaraCoolLee.com
More about Barbara Cool Lee...

Pajaro Bay (5 books)
  • Under the Boardwalk: A Pajaro Bay Cozy Mystery + Sweet Romance
  • Home Improvement (A Pajaro Bay Short Story)
  • Dashing Through the Surf (Pajaro Bay #5)
  • Shadow's Lady (Pajaro Bay #3)
Under the Boardwalk: A Pajaro Bay Cozy Mystery + Sweet Romance Lark's Quest (The Deeds of the Ariane Novellas, #1) Deeds of the Ariane: The First Three Novellas in One Volume Home Improvement (A Pajaro Bay Short Story) Cat's Blood: A short story of redemption... and vampires.