Start by marking “The Honeymoon Cottage (Pajaro Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Honeymoon Cottage (Pajaro Bay, #1)

The Honeymoon Cottage (Pajaro Bay #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  675 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Kindle Edition.

Camilla Stewart desperately needs to make a fresh start: her despicable ex-fiance stole her life savings, embezzled from her job, and then disappeared without a trace--leaving behind nothing but his eight-year-old son, Oliver.

But when she arrives in the little beach town of Pajaro Bay, she immediately runs into local sheriff's captain Ryan Knight, and finds
Published March 13th 2012 by Pajaro Bay Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Honeymoon Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honeymoon Cottage

Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
There's nothing that disappoints me more in a book than it not causing me any feelings. I'd rather hate the characters or be outraged at the things happening (at least I'd be able to rant about it and maybe experience some catharsis) than just.. not give a damn about anything.

There was nothing overly wrong with The Honeymoon Cottage, it was just bland. It didn't start off so bad; we meet Camilla and the little kid she's looking out for after his father ripped her off and abandoned Oliver. I tho
Joan
I loved this! It's more than a bit of froth, and certainly not a 'steamy, hot romance' ( I hate reading that in a blurb - it always makes me think of books like FSoG). This is a pretty solid romance/mystery with believable characters and some excellent conflict to keep the reader engaged.

The first thing I really appreciated was the inclusion, under the copyright, of the date the book was originally published. That is something I think should be done as a matter of course. I've read a couple of e
Anna
Apr 11, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I've come to the conclusion that the books with the best reviews tend to leave me cold --- they're just a bit boring (too mainstream). Ones with mixed reviews, like this book, are far more likely to suck me in and keep me happy.

I can't really explain what separates books like this from the ones I stop reading after a couple of chapters. If I described the plot, they'd sound the same. But The Honeymoon Cottage has that spark of life that many books lack, plus a heroine dealing with a con-man ex a
Gloria Bernal
Oct 21, 2014 Gloria Bernal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first by this author, but it won't be my last. It flowed well and kept my interest from the onset. It is a clean, well-written romantic mystery. You can't help but like and care about the main characters: Camilla, who's lost everything except her exes boy, Oliver, and Capt. Ryan, the officer who befriends them in Pajaro Bay, a coastal town set in CA. They each have their story and crosses to bear. Even the supporting characters residing in Pajaro Bay are likable and well developed. The settin ...more
Catherine A Davis
Feb 05, 2016 Catherine A Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Read

This is a new author for me, I admit I read it initially because it was free and I was bored. I did not anticipate that I would actually enjoy it. I would recommend this book to all who enjoy a good romance with a touch of mystery. Both main characters were well developed, and the pace of the growing attraction between the hero and heroine was fairly realistic. Although there is a threat to the heroine (thus the mystery portion) there is no real gory violence in the book which was
LeeAnna Lane
Jun 15, 2014 LeeAnna Lane rated it it was amazing
The Honeymoon Cottage

This has a lot to recommend it. It has romance, danger, suspense and a view into the mental turns out lives take due the experiences we have from childhood on. It shows you how all of us are a combination of emotions, experiences and whom we know. This pretty much determines who we become. Sometimes it takes us awhile to figure this out. In this book it took a while for both of the heroes to figure this out to straighten out their outlook and make their lives complete.
Elaine
I was a little unsure about this book at first but the more I read the more I started to enjoy it. Camilla and her eight year old step-son Oliver have arrived in Pajaro Bay to make a fresh start after Dennis, her fiancé and father to Oliver, disappeared out of their lives leaving a trail of problems, debts and accusations behind him. Their predicament touches the heart of Police Officer Ryan Knight who is determined to help them and get to the bottom of Dennis’ disappearance.

The story can be rea
Debbie
Dec 06, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
Easy reading romance with a bit of mystery involved. This takes place in a small town where everyone knows everyone and their business, but mostly in a caring way. This place seems too good to be true, and I'd love to live there.
The description of characters are right on and you understand them quickly. I felt like I was a part of this community.
The sheriff is 28 yrs old. His "damsel in distress" is 24. But they are both very mature and responsible. I think 30 somethings would be a more appropri
Linda Walters
Oct 10, 2013 Linda Walters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Camilla Stewart has a Laundry List of Troubles:
She's been accused, and arrested and out on bond until the embezzlement charge gets cleared. She didn't do it so for her everything points to her fiance as the culprit Its a lot of money that got stolen from the company she worked for and even her own finances are stolen too! She barely has a penny to her name, her fiance Dennis Hutchins skipped out on her, leaving his eight year old son, Oliver with her. She doesn't know how but she's going to do
Mary
Feb 13, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
Very sweet romance with just a bit of suspense

I really enjoyed this story. Just as soon as you think you know what is going on, you find out you got it wrong. Camilla and Ryan are attracted to each other but neither are completely open with the other. This is a story of recognizing oneself and learning to be true. You may not be able to change the past but you can change how you respond in the future. Looking forward to reading another Pajaro Bay story.
Zoey42
Jul 23, 2013 Zoey42 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Wende
Jun 13, 2014 Wende rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, f-m
At first I thought it was going to be one more boring mystery with a the main charactors in a boring relationship. I was about to give up when it picked up. I loved Oliver. His sweet little boy outlook with a dash of hopelessness just got to me. The book would have been five stars but Camille and Jack's romance was rushed with to much angst thrown in.
Amber Jones
Running is what Camila does best. Running from her past, running from her present, and trying to avoid a happy future.

The first book in this series leaves a little bit to be desired...a better proofread is one of those desires. I'm not someone who always notices errors, but I noticed these.

The plot of the story was decent, but not executed in the best manner. Brooding guy quickly falls in love with a damsel in distress. damsel fights brooding guy because she feels she is a criminal because of
elaine m. suda
Jun 02, 2016 elaine m. suda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Truth Will Set You Free

Thank you for this heartwarming story about Camilla and Ryan. I found the characters in the story to be very interesting and the story-line was great. It kept me glued to my Kindle as to what was happening next. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Barbara O'Neal
Feb 18, 2015 Barbara O'Neal rated it really liked it
The honeymoon cottage

I really liked this book because it had romance a little comedy and some mystery all mixed in together making it interesting book from start to finish. I love the way that Barb makes her characters so real just enough mystery to make the book interesting all the way through.
Margaret Klein
May 14, 2015 Margaret Klein rated it really liked it
Learning from mistakes.

The Honeymoon Cottage ( A Pajaro Bay Cozy Mystery +Sweet Romance) by Barbara Cool Lee, is an delightful sweet romantic mystery. I enjoyed the humor so much I found myself giggling. Most of all was the underlying truths I found to be thought-provoking and heartfelt.
Amanda
Sep 09, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-won
I won this book from a GoodReads First Reads giveaway.

I absolutely loved this book. The characters were extremely real, well developed and completely relatable. I see a lot of myself in Camilla - having been taken advantage of in a similar way to Camilla, I know what it's like to want to constantly run away and to not trust anyone - and that really touched me in a way I never expected when I first picked up the book. The town was also cute and charming, and the setting lifelike.

I found this book
Yvonna
Feb 02, 2016 Yvonna added it
Romance and suspense

The likeable main characters are broken from events in their pasts. It is up to them to break the chain of dependence on their behavioral addictions. The cast of the community help to strengthen the new lives they attempt to begin anew.
Rose
Dec 03, 2014 Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like it! I thought it was cute, sweet and the I didn't see the solution to the mystery coming until the very end. It had a sweet romance. Yes there was some hemming and hawing about their feelings, but overall, this was an enjoyable read.
Vicki
Apr 05, 2015 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love when I find a new Author, I have never read before. I enjoyed this book so much. I love a good beach read, and I love Santa Cruz where the Boardwalk is. Now I am on to the 2nd book in the Pajaro Bay series.
Karen J. Temmen
Apr 21, 2014 Karen J. Temmen rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book.

Really liked this book.

I loved the way this author developed her story. The characters had depth, families, and backgrounds. Good twist with the mystery.
linda s keeney
Jun 17, 2016 linda s keeney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Enjoyed the story. Was sweet and predictable but good. I did not however know who the murderer was. That surprised me. I do like that the town seems to be a good healing place.
Nelta
Apr 08, 2014 Nelta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice quick read....I enjoyed the small beach town scenario and can relate to the vibe as I own a cottage in a small town on the southern east coast. A great summer read....very nice cover!
Doreen
Dec 31, 2014 Doreen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book- a very refreshing read. The story and characters were very believable and anyone could easily identify with the experiences of the characters. This book had romance, danger and suspense so it kept me glued to my Kindle..
Julia Thompson
May 17, 2016 Julia Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quirky

This book kept me interested and was never slow. It moved smoothly and had surprises around every turn ! The ending was satisfying!
Joyce
Apr 13, 2014 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book, can't wait to read the rest in this series......had me on the edge of my seat during the entire read. Hope to read many more books by this author.
Denisa Howe
Apr 10, 2013 Denisa Howe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magnificent read! The characters Camilla and Ryan are intriguing people that fit the plot perfectly. A bit of a mystery, hiding, broke, a child, a sheriff and a strange nosy town that means well. The writer introduced the characters so smoothly and naturally it warmed my heart and seemed real of today not forced or made up but rather unique and sweet. After reading and finishing… I wanted it to go on, wanted to know what else might be in store for them, I wasn’t through knowing them yet.
I receiv
Carol Simmons
Jun 24, 2016 Carol Simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful storyline

A real nice story lot's of storyline but easy reading. Read in half day without able to put down good book
Ofelia
Feb 05, 2016 Ofelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story that makes you realize that you make your own destiny and your destiny is not determined by the choices made by your parents.
Sue
Feb 10, 2013 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first saw this book on Goodreads and decided I had to read it, and am very glad I did!! The story line was great and besides the romance and suspense we were able to meet quite a few people in Pajaro Bay. I really like this in a book, to meet and sort of get to know other characters besides the main ones in more than a passing way. Ryan and Camille both had their own issues, and I wasn't sure if they would be able to work through them. Oliver is a great little boy and really Ryan and Camille a ...more
  • Hidden Moon Bay (Pelican Pointe, #2)
  • Lily Does Sweden
  • The Last Sunset
  • VEILED MIRROR
  • The Great Hollywood Double Hustle
  • Restoring the Castle
  • Knowing Vera (Chance for Love, #3)
  • City Chronicles: A Little Bit of Italy
  • Bats and Bones (The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries #1)
  • Secret Seduction (Secret , #1)
  • Sand Dollar: A Story of Undying Love
  • Burning Embers
  • The Lightness of Dust (The Meronymy, #1)
  • Frisky Business
The best way to stay in touch with me is to join the mailing list:

Learn more about my books at:

Email me if you want to talk:
barbaracoollee@gmail.com
More about Barbara Cool Lee...

Pajaro Bay (3 books)
  • Under the Boardwalk (Pajaro Bay, #2)
  • Shadow's Lady (Pajaro Bay, #3)