Start by marking “The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)

The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)

The gentle but lonely toymaker Geppetto builds the perfect companion from the corpses of children: a son who will never die. But when his creation revolts and begins a campaign of debauchery and murder upon the town's children, he fears he may have unleashed a force of evil beyond his control—The Zombie Pinocchio.
Kindle Edition, 1, 39 pages
Published March 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Pinocchio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Pinocchio

Lynne Bridges
Apr 02, 2012 Lynne Bridges rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd installment of Zombie Fairy Tales and I have to tell you, it is a good as the first two. I have to give this writer props for being creative and for being a little twisted because he makes these books in to something almost real. The gore in these books are great, enough to give you nightmares but not make you grossed out. I wish he would have gone in to more detail while Pinocchio was being stitched because it would have been a killer gore/freaky scene. :)

The editing is great, t
Flora Smith
Apr 12, 2012 Flora Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, short-stories
I received a free copy of this short story for review.

This is the third installment of the Zombie Fairy Tales series and so far its my favorite. Its more like Pinocchio meets Frankenstein. Gepetto mourns for his lost wife and unborn child and decides to makes himself a son using the parts of children that have died from the plague. Altho tragic and gory like the rest we see the underlying theme of unconditional love for our children and that family is more than those related to us. If you love a
Donald Armfield
He wanted to create a Son, who would live forever. Geppetto did just that. As a grave robber. Read This to see the rest unfold.

Zombie Pinocchio is a puzzled masterpiece the author real does give life to this short story. From beginning to the ripped apart boy. A bloody tale of excellent.
Victoria
Jan 01, 2015 Victoria rated it it was ok
Not what I was expecting. A little odd. However, I have the entire collection so I'll read another one and see how it goes.
Arlen
Feb 09, 2017 Arlen rated it it was amazing
Puppet made of dead kid body parts!
Jessica
Aug 10, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-to-finish
As a young teenager I loved horror. I was indifferent to zombies, but aliens were frequently in my nightmares because they looked so... creepy. A year or two ago, however, I became a zombie fan. Not a fan of the boring shuffle and moan zombies who decay, but a fan of the more predatory living dead and infected. For this reason it's hardly surprising that I picked up a book from the Zombie Fairy Tales series written by Kevin Richey. Strangely I picked The Zombie Pinocchio. I've never really been ...more
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)

After finishing Hansel and Gretel are Dead I went on Amazon and saw that The Zombie Pinocchio was FREE so of course I downloaded it. What if Geppetto decided instead of making a son out of wood, he would make a son out of dead children? I was shocked to see the story take this turn but it really worked well. The story starts with Geppetto searching for the perfect pair of hands. I'm not gonna lie this scene was creepy. Imagining Geppetto as a grave robber took some getting used to but thankfully
Ashley Ehlers
Aug 31, 2012 Ashley Ehlers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Was originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

Pinocchio meets Frankenstein- Kevin Richey brings an interesting take on the loved fairy tale Pinocchio. From the very first scene of Geppetto cutting the perfect hands off a dead boy had me instantly hooked! The details sucked me in, I was turning page after page, engrossed by these spine chilling words!

If you love zombies and fairy tales then this is a series for you! Though it's a short story by the end of t
zapkode
{my thoughts} - This book is well written. It reminds me that even with the best of intentions some things can still go very wrong. The story of Pinocchio is well known, however this twisted version is not. Reading these fairytale remakes are making me think from another point of view. It helps to show that although we have been led to believe that everything is always happy ever after, in modern times that isn't the case. One can believe one thing based on what they have been told, but it only ...more
Mckenzie Richardson
More of a mash up of Frankenstein and Pinocchio. Interesting retelling with a predictable ending. As with Zombie Cinderella, the idea of a 'rational' zombie was a little strange for me. A zombie that can torture and plan instead of feasting on the closest food source seems a little out of character for my conception of zombies. Very detailed with some truly gruesome descriptions. Overall, a good idea with excellent narration, but only a so-so plot.
Tina Rae
Dec 27, 2012 Tina Rae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: zombie fans
Well, this one wasn't my favorite of the series but that doesn't mean it wasn't super fantastic. Honestly, Pinnochio has never really been one of my favorite stories to begin with so maybe that's why I didn't adore this one as much as I have the others. It was definitely a great story and, oh my, stealing the parts of dead children to create his own child. Um, that's GENIUS.

Honestly, this series just keeps getting better and better. I can't WAIT to finish it!!
Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly
Jul 17, 2012 Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book in the series, there is a fantastic atmosphere through out and it was interesting that this one was set in the village instead of the forest it gave a different feel to the book. And as strange as it may sound both Geppetto and Pinocchio are really loveable, maybe I'm a little odd but I had a real soft spot for little zombie Pinocchio!
Jim Glover
Aug 14, 2013 Jim Glover rated it it was amazing
I love the other two books in this series and what can I say about this one.....let's see....sick, twisted, demented, and believe it or not a little bit of heart. I loved it and now I have my son reading it and he loves it. Highly recommend it if you like fairy tales with a twist. Not Disney style will say that. Get out there and read it.
Shina Chitwood
Jul 27, 2013 Shina Chitwood rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adults and teens who love gore
Shelves: zombies
This book is awesome! I always felt sorry for Pinocchio poor thing never had any real friends b/c he was made of wood, however, Kevin makes him out of bodies or should I say Geppetto does. Finally Pinocchio gets friends in a twisted way, but at least he gets friends. Love this book.
Roseanne
Jul 11, 2013 Roseanne rated it it was amazing
This story was so sick and twisted, my darkness within groaned in pure pleasure.. I mean, I liked it.
Crystal Withem
Apr 07, 2012 Crystal Withem rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as Cinderella. I thought it could use a little more gore to it. Otherwise it was pretty good. I would read it again.
Karen
Mar 31, 2012 Karen rated it it was ok
I know that this is a series of short stories but this one was really short. There wasn't much to the plot at all. Could have been developed a little more.
David Dicarlo
David Dicarlo rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2014
Kitty
Kitty rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2012
Adelle Ralish
Adelle Ralish rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Jennifer Grubbe
Jennifer Grubbe rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2014
ethan henderson
ethan henderson rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
B
B rated it liked it
May 12, 2013
Shana Potter
Shana Potter rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2012
Kayte
Kayte rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2014
Abbie
Abbie rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Scattered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #3.5)
  • RIZEN: Tales of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • 30 Minute Plan
  • Foreverland is Dead (Foreverland, #2)
  • In the Land of the Blind
  • The Fractured: Maggie (Fractured, #2; Blemished, #2.5)
  • Fresh Fear: Contemporary Horror
  • Devil's Frost (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #3)
  • A Life, Freed
  • Starlet's Man (The Starlet, #0.5)
  • Lost in Starlight (Starlight Saga #1)
  • Ellie Stanton (The Heller Park Series)
  • Undead Winter - Novella
  • Rumpelstein (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #9)
  • The Boat
  • Wheel of Fortune ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #2 )
  • Bad Billy
  • The Keeper and the Alabaster Chalice (The Black Ledge Series, #2)
Kevin Richey lives and writes in the Pacific Northwest. He is the author of Zombie Fairy Tales, a series of short stories set in a dark fairy tale universe plagued by zombies.

He kindly welcomes readers to become a GoodReads friend or fan. Feel free to comment with questions or requests on blog entries as well.

If you are a blogger and would like a review copy, please write to info@thekevinrichey.co
More about Kevin Richey...

Zombie Fairy Tales (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Zombie Cinderella (Zombie Fairy Tales #1)
  • Hansel and Gretel Are Dead (Zombie Fairy Tales #2)
  • Blood Red Riding Hood (Zombie Fairy Tales #4)
  • Beauty Is a Beast  (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)
  • Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6)
  • Revenge of the Little Match Girl (Zombie Fairy Tales #7)
  • The Curse of Peter Pan (Zombie Fairy Tales #8)
  • The Little Mermaid of Death (Zombie Fairy Tales #9)
  • The Headless Horseman (Zombie Fairy Tales #10)
  • Skull White (Zombie Fairy Tales #11)