Start by marking “The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)

The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The gentle but lonely toymaker Geppetto builds the perfect companion from the corpses of children: a son who will never die. But when his creation revolts and begins a campaign of debauchery and murder upon the town's children, he fears he may have unleashed a force of evil beyond his control—The Zombie Pinocchio.
Kindle Edition, 1, 39 pages
Published March 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Pinocchio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Pinocchio

Flora Bateman
I received a free copy of this short story for review.

This is the third installment of the Zombie Fairy Tales series and so far its my favorite. Its more like Pinocchio meets Frankenstein. Gepetto mourns for his lost wife and unborn child and decides to makes himself a son using the parts of children that have died from the plague. Altho tragic and gory like the rest we see the underlying theme of unconditional love for our children and that family is more than those related to us. If you love a
Lynne Bridges
This is the 3rd installment of Zombie Fairy Tales and I have to tell you, it is a good as the first two. I have to give this writer props for being creative and for being a little twisted because he makes these books in to something almost real. The gore in these books are great, enough to give you nightmares but not make you grossed out. I wish he would have gone in to more detail while Pinocchio was being stitched because it would have been a killer gore/freaky scene. :)

The editing is great, t
Donald Armfield
He wanted to create a Son, who would live forever. Geppetto did just that. As a grave robber. Read This to see the rest unfold.

Zombie Pinocchio is a puzzled masterpiece the author real does give life to this short story. From beginning to the ripped apart boy. A bloody tale of excellent.
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)

After finishing Hansel and Gretel are Dead I went on Amazon and saw that The Zombie Pinocchio was FREE so of course I downloaded it. What if Geppetto decided instead of making a son out of wood, he would make a son out of dead children? I was shocked to see the story take this turn but it really worked well. The story starts with Geppetto searching for the perfect pair of hands. I'm not gonna lie this scene was creepy. Imagining Geppetto as a grave robber took some getting used to but thankfully
Jessica
As a young teenager I loved horror. I was indifferent to zombies, but aliens were frequently in my nightmares because they looked so... creepy. A year or two ago, however, I became a zombie fan. Not a fan of the boring shuffle and moan zombies who decay, but a fan of the more predatory living dead and infected. For this reason it's hardly surprising that I picked up a book from the Zombie Fairy Tales series written by Kevin Richey. Strangely I picked The Zombie Pinocchio. I've never really been ...more
zapkode.marie
{my thoughts} - This book is well written. It reminds me that even with the best of intentions some things can still go very wrong. The story of Pinocchio is well known, however this twisted version is not. Reading these fairytale remakes are making me think from another point of view. It helps to show that although we have been led to believe that everything is always happy ever after, in modern times that isn't the case. One can believe one thing based on what they have been told, but it only ...more
Tina Rae
Dec 27, 2012 Tina Rae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: zombie fans
Well, this one wasn't my favorite of the series but that doesn't mean it wasn't super fantastic. Honestly, Pinnochio has never really been one of my favorite stories to begin with so maybe that's why I didn't adore this one as much as I have the others. It was definitely a great story and, oh my, stealing the parts of dead children to create his own child. Um, that's GENIUS.

Honestly, this series just keeps getting better and better. I can't WAIT to finish it!!
Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly
Another amazing book in the series, there is a fantastic atmosphere through out and it was interesting that this one was set in the village instead of the forest it gave a different feel to the book. And as strange as it may sound both Geppetto and Pinocchio are really loveable, maybe I'm a little odd but I had a real soft spot for little zombie Pinocchio!
Jim Glover
I love the other two books in this series and what can I say about this one.....let's see....sick, twisted, demented, and believe it or not a little bit of heart. I loved it and now I have my son reading it and he loves it. Highly recommend it if you like fairy tales with a twist. Not Disney style will say that. Get out there and read it.
Shina Chitwood
Jul 27, 2013 Shina Chitwood rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adults and teens who love gore
Shelves: zombies
This book is awesome! I always felt sorry for Pinocchio poor thing never had any real friends b/c he was made of wood, however, Kevin makes him out of bodies or should I say Geppetto does. Finally Pinocchio gets friends in a twisted way, but at least he gets friends. Love this book.
Melissa
A well known tale that focuses on the toy maker Gepetto. In this tale we see a dark side to his wanting a son wish. An overall good read. Not as gory as the others, so that's a big plus from me.
Karen
I know that this is a series of short stories but this one was really short. There wasn't much to the plot at all. Could have been developed a little more.
Crystal Withem
I didn't like this one as much as Cinderella. I thought it could use a little more gore to it. Otherwise it was pretty good. I would read it again.
Balsam Gubaad
Balsam Gubaad marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Angala
Angala is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Sep 28, 2014
Cassie Hawkings
Cassie Hawkings marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Tokyo
Tokyo marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Hollow May
Hollow May marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Lucie
Lucie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Bill Sullivan
Bill Sullivan marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kevin Richey lives and writes in Portland, Oregon. He is the author of Zombie Fairy Tales, a series of short stories set in a dark fairy tale universe plagued by zombies, and the Unloved Ones series, about seven vampire siblings who have one year to reduce their family to a single member, by whatever means necessary.

He kindly welcomes readers to become a GoodReads friend or fan. Feel free to comme
More about Kevin Richey...
Zombie Cinderella (Zombie Fairy Tales #1) Hansel and Gretel Are Dead (Zombie Fairy Tales #2) Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6) Blood Red Riding Hood (Zombie Fairy Tales #4) Beauty Is a Beast  (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)