Start by marking “The Reluctant Countess” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Countess

The Reluctant Countess

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
London, 1835.
When beautiful and well-born Eugenie Palmer's aunt dies unexpectedly, Eugenie has to make a choice: surrender herself to the guardianship of the Earl of Loudoun, or escape to London and use her inheritance to create her own establishment. Entanglements with highwaymen and a handsome stranger make for a fast-paced romantic adventure.

In the tradition of Georgett
Published December 8th 2011 by Oak Leaf Press (first published November 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Countess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reluctant Countess

Denise
Oh! Those dastardly rouge highwaymen! But have no fear, as our heroine Eugenie Palmer (with help) is able to overcome the danger. Clarissa Beauvier’s “The Reluctant Countess” is a delightful read!

Due to the death of her aunt and entailment, Miss Eugenie Palmer is being sent to live with her ward. Miss Palmer has never met the Earl of Loudoun nor set foot on his fine estate, Holdmere. The adventure begins when Eugenie takes matters into her own hands, en route to meet the mysterious Earl.

The mai
Rachel
I won a free copy of this book from first reads.

Historical romances tend to be my guilty pleasure. It's a problem. I admit it.

This book was a quick, light-hearted read. Sure, it was predictable, but I didn't mind that. I've come to expect that with these types of books. Guilty pleasure, remember? I did like the characters. Any girl that climbs out of windows and carries her own pistol is okay by me. However, I wish there would have been more to the story. It jumped around a lot, I thought, witho
Angelica
The Reluctant Countess started out witty and fun, then became a little slow and predicable. The ending was good and what you would expect from a romance novle.There was a lot of twist and turns in this story. It was an easy and fast read, it only took me two days to read.
Cristina Alvarez
I liked this book, although historical romances aren't my thing. It was a quick fun read.
Yasmin Ahmad
Yasmin Ahmad marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Cherry
Cherry marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Martha
Martha added it
Jun 12, 2013
CarolJean cooper
CarolJean cooper marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Cammie
Cammie marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Diana (Bever) Barber
Diana (Bever) Barber marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2012
Brooklyn
Brooklyn marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2012
Courteney
Courteney marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
Mary Pickrahn
Mary Pickrahn marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Melyssa
Melyssa marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Helen Bishop
Helen Bishop marked it as to-read
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Marissel
Marissel marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 next »