Open Preview read ebook

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From Senica Evans, comes her first book, a riveting, heartbreaking, drama filled autobiographical tale of her tumultuous marriage to Spank. He is verbally and mentally abusive and can’t seem to control his incessant cheating. But it didn’t start that way! They met and became the best of friends. Almost inseperable from the start. As Spank’s true self was slowly being revea...more
Published December 12th 2011 by lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Married to Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married to Him

M.C. Walker
From the beginning the story sets the tone of a regular summer afternoon with an old friend. The familiarity of the author's voice is warm and inviting. You're immediately invited into a world of a young woman living her life and love happens. Just like most romance were caught up in the moment of love and all the things that being in love brings into our lives. It begins with verbal abuse and leads up to the physical for the leading lady. Yet, as most people wonder why doesn't she just walk awa...more
Kellee
I really hate giving a book only 1 star...but this book was a 1 star for me.

It was really sad to see Senica go through what she did with Spank. The majority, if not all of her decisions were dumb, but no one ever knows how they would handle things if they were her situation.

My rating of 1 star comes from the numerous errors. She kept referring to her first child as "the baby" and when the second was born that child was also "the baby". I could be wrong, but I don't think she ever gave the name...more
Rachel Simons
Married to Him was a book with more downs than ups for Senica. Spank seems the perfect man to start with and I can see why Senica fell in love with him but he changed dramatically, and I did find myself telling her to get of the relationship many times throughout the book. I also know that it is very hard to leave and she stuck with Spank for a long time and put up with everything he seemed to through at her even him cheating!
Family values were very important to Senica and breaking up her family...more
Audrey Grant
This book was very raw while at the same time very cryptic and almost clinical. I have seen this close up before. The pain is so deep and scars so big that the only way to discuss, write about or come close to the subject is to do it in a very factual and almost cold way. Because if you let a crack in your shield you are afraid you may fall apart emotionally.
But even with that. This very factual book is very well written and lets us into some very personal places that are hard to open up and adm...more
Lesa Jones
Overall Married To Him takes you on a up and down road with Senica and her husband Spank. Taking you into the life of a woman that thought she was happy even when her marriage turned to trash. Spank mistreated her on another level causing her to rethink about herself causing her to have low self-esteem due to all Spank put her through. I yelled at Sen for the dumb things she did such as taking him back as he kept doing himself disregarding their marriage.

Overall great book taking you in a true r...more
Tameka Hicks
I was a little judgemental at first about why she stayed with him, but I had to be real with myself and remember something that I was taught a long time ago--- that you can't make a woman leave a man until she is good and ready. I was so glad when she did leave his butt. The story was very well written and I was determined to remember to leave a review because as an author myself I know how important it is to leave reviews. Great job, Ms. Evans and I wish you all the success your heart can hold.
Meghan
Brittany
This book was a simple and quick read, but it was true. While the writing itself wasn't the most polished the story still rang true and that is what really counts.

I hope that someone reads this book and they consider what the author has gone through and make steps to change their lives for the better, that is what is important.
Ava
This novel was an inside the once nice turned disfunctional relationship filled with hate, abuse and degrade. It was a quick read and really made you feel what the author was going through at this time in her life. What a remarkable read and I look forward to reading more of her work.
Juanesia

I absolutely loved this book. Some things in life need to have light shed on them & this was no exception. She did not portray that everything throughout her marriage was perfect. Nicely done. I'm anticipating what's next.
Blkvelvet
Treat a man like dirt, he'll stick to you like mud.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Paula Allen
Paula Allen marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Monique Jackson-Sanchez
Monique Jackson-Sanchez marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Takiyah
Takiyah marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2012
Mary Williams
Mary Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Maurissa Frazier
Maurissa Frazier marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012