Start by marking “Truancy City (Truancy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Truancy City (Truancy, #2)

Truancy City (Truancy #2)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  19 reviews
As a new threat arises from outside the walls of the City, the warring Truants and Educators must join forces or be destroyed. The fate of the City is determined at last in this long-awaited conclusion to the Truancy trilogy.
Published November 13th 2012 by Tor Teen

Nuran Ghoneim
Truancy City by Isamu Fukui Review

I don’t know what else to say except for… I love this book! If you want action, a little love, confusion, loyalty, freedom etc. then this is the trilogy for you! Seriously, what better book for teenagers then one about students leaving school (and becoming truants) to fight against the City for their unjust laws? And best of all...there are no CLIFFHANGERS! The truants have hope for the City to be saved and a new generation to rise.

1. The protagonists were portr
Erin
Joel Mollman
So this one is significantly better than the first one, but that's not saying much. There is one character who isn't completely annoying, Cross. However, with the exception of one small character, everyone at the end is revealed to be a good guy in some way. The bad guys were all trying to save everyone. The good guys didn't realize this and were fighting for what seemed to be a good cause. Almost everyone is redeemed, yet the ending feels really unsatisfying and not happy. The story in this boo ...more
Ricky
Wait...what? This is the end of the series? No, it can't possibly end like that. There's gotta be another adventure lined up somewhere!
Jen
An interesting end to the Trance saga. The Trance and the Student Militia find themselves banding together to fight a new enemy, the Government. They've figured out that the city was an experiment that failed and the Government is now ready to demolish it once and for all.

Umasi's sister Iris is the general leading the fight and Umasi now has to decide is he's going to join her or fight against her. All the characters from the previous novels are back, and while they don't all get a happy ending
Tweller83
Jun 24, 2014 Tweller83 marked it as to-read
Shelves: blue-spruce
2015 Blue Spruce Nomination
Ellen
oh man how can one book hurt someone so much
this has the typical dystopia 3rd book feel where everything is an all out war
but this was done so well and the characters are all so complex and AH
milady like that was the biggest plot twist ever i dont think i could have ever predicted that happening like man you immediately knew who the dad was but MAN did i not see that coming
noni my child i just want to put you somewhere safe
ZEN
Luke
Utter crap. What a horrible ending to what would've been a great trilogy. No one I know likes this book, I don't understand how the rating is so high.
Duncan
CRAP!! They really need to let us give these books more than five stars, and I would have to say that this is the absolute best book I have ever read! I won't do much of a review for spoiler alerts, but you really need to read this!!!!!!!
Emma
A really excellent conclusion to the Truancy trilogy. Keeps you one the edge of your seat till the very last page. The end is nothing like you'd expect!
Kyra M Johnson
Jun 27, 2013 Kyra M Johnson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who falls for the characters and the message/power/truth behind a book.
Recommended to Kyra M by: no one
Shelves: top-ten
Amazing!!! I cried at the end. I also gave this series the song iridescent by Linkin Park.
Sherri
A satisfying action-packed conclusion to a great YA trilogy, especially for guys.
Rachael Woohoo
Sep 04, 2012 Rachael Woohoo marked it as to-read
Shelves: coming-soon
HOLY CRAP THE COVER. O_____O Did not notice it until now. It's so beautiful though :o
Tavaris
I Was disappointed in some of the characters deaths and how the story played out.
Katie Ridler
Honestly one of the best books I have ever read!!!
Jamie
Such a great trilogy....so sad its ended
Micheal Redd
By far the est book iv ever read:) :) :)
Helensvale Library
Too much fight scenes lost my interest
Maria
Just amazing..
Gina Pitts
Gina Pitts marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Bunnysmilezz
Bunnysmilezz marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Riafter
Riafter marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Michael D.
Michael D. marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Michael Strong
Michael Strong marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Heather Hope
Heather Hope marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Jonice
Jonice marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Coincidences? 1 4 Dec 29, 2012 03:58PM
  • Sister Mischief
  • Venomous
  • Remote Control (Agent Six of Hearts, #2)
  • Rock On
  • Eve of Destruction (Dark Eden, #2)
  • It's Our Prom (So Deal With It)
  • Caught in the Parallel (Parallelogram, #2)
  • Sharp Shot (Rich and Jade, #3)
  • The Always War
  • Rip Tide (Dark Life, #2)
  • If We Survive
  • Mummy
  • Witch & Wizard: The Gift - The First 21 Chapters
  • The Comet's Curse (Galahad, #1)
  • Epilogue (Escape From Furnace, #5.5)
  • Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters
  • Trigger
  • Jimmy Coates: Target
Isamu Fukui is a student at New York University in New York City. His first novel, Truancy, was published to rave reviews and garnered significant publicity, including two interviews on National Public Radio and features in The New York Daily News and Esquire.com.
More about Isamu Fukui...
Truancy (Truancy, #1) Origins (Truancy, #0) Battle Royale Slam Book: Essays on the Cult Classic by Koushun Takami

“Takan had never truly defeated Zyid. Zyid had given his life to calm Takan's soul.” 3 likes