Start by marking “One Last Kiss: The Chilling True Story of a Cheating Husband Who Murdered His Wife and Children” as Want to Read:

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  222 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews

Michael Cuneo
One Last Kiss
Ex-Marine and bodyguard Chris Coleman was a family man with a secret: He wanted to leave his wife and children for his mistress. Unfortunately, the ministry he worked for had a no-divorce policy. So he made other plans.

On May 5, 2009, Illinois police received a call from Coleman, who claimed he was unable to contact his family. When police investi
ebook
Published July 31st 2012 by St. Martin's Press (first published May 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Last Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Last Kiss

K.A. Krisko
Jul 24, 2013 K.A. Krisko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: true crime fans
Shelves: true-crime
Lots of details. Almost too many in certain areas - in the first part of the book, we're treated to a complete family history of each person who's introduced. In all but a few cases, these histories serve no further purpose in the book and thus could probably have been eliminated or shortened. On the other hand, the amount of detail the author uncovered is pretty astounding and adds a lot of authenticity. There's no real doubt about the conclusion; there are too many facts presented. The author ...more
Maya Hollinshead
Dec 09, 2012 Maya Hollinshead rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back in May, I was watching 48 Hours and saw this case. I promised myself if there was a book on it, I would read it. I found out the next day that the book was scheduled to be released in July. This case was so sad on so many levels. This was a very good true crime book. Lots of details about the victims and the accused, and not to bogged down on trial coverage. I hope the family of Sherri, Gavin and Garett find some peace.
Valerie  Shampine
Nov 20, 2012 Valerie Shampine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: True crime readers
Shelves: true-crime
Gruesome true story of a cheating husband, Chris Coleman, who killed his wife and two young sons after his girlfriend gave him a deadline for divorcing his wife.

His job that the girlfriend liked so much, wouldn't allow him to divorce without being fired, but he wouldn't admit it to her, so he tried to pull off the perfect murder.

Melanie Chabrol-
give it a 10/5.... a book i could not put down..... the front cover the back cover sold me...
welll written,
HIS WIFE AND TWO SONS WERE FOUND DEAD. AND HE WAS FOUD GUILTY OF MURDER- IN COLD BLOOD. I hope to find his other book A NEED TO KILL. to see if it is anything like this one.
Mary
Aug 12, 2012 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good and informative book. Couple of times the author had what I believe were incorrect dates. He made a couple of references to Chris Coleman and Tara Lintz first connecting in November of 2009 when I believe it was November of 2008. Always wonder, does no one proof read these?
Jeannie Tillery
Dec 26, 2012 Jeannie Tillery rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True story of a Pentecostal bodyguard for Joyce Meyer Ministries who killed his wife and two young sons in the most brutal way, by strangulation ...just so he could be with a woman in Florida who he'd been having an affair with.
Madeline Dahlman
I haven't really read any of the mass-market type true crime books so I picked this up to see what the deal was..and it pretty much was everything I thought it would be. Very quick and kinda like reading an episode of 20/20. I'd probably read more of these if left to my own devices and wanting just a salacious story. The writing is journalistic but it fits the type of book and the story itself. I don't know if I can justify reviewing the story/book like I normally would because this isn't meant ...more
Christy
Aug 16, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good, learned some things I didn't know before. Worth reading of you followed the case.
Beverly
Aug 16, 2012 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I thought this was a well written book with a good look into this whole horrific tragedy.
Lisa
Aug 18, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was an easy read. I highly recommend it to anyone who followed the case.
Sammie Patton
Feb 26, 2014 Sammie Patton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really was hard for me to put down. The entire story enraptured me so much I had to go online and look up videos pictures everything and anything I could find about the case; which drew my interest even more! I thought the style in which the author wrote was pretty good, some of the constant renaming of who people were was helpful at some times and confusing at others but over all amazing book and it was very well written. It depicted this horrific story well.
Jill Bertrand
Oct 29, 2014 Jill Bertrand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book. Even though this man is suspected of killing his family, it takes the reader through all of the evidence and paints a clear picture of premeditation. Another key part to this story is the connection he had with the famous Joyce Meyer Ministries.
Jessica Trigueros
Aug 01, 2015 Jessica Trigueros rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sad story but was written very well.

Being from the same area as Chris this was such a shock to our small area. Mr. Cuneo write this story very well and made me as a reader feel the emotions of this sad story.
Jen Morrison
This story had me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't put it down, I needed to know if Sheri and the boys got justice.
Book was very detailed, a few times I was left thinking How did the author know this? and why do I need to?
Rhonda
Jan 19, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know that really liked it is an appropriate rating for this book considering the subject. That being said though, this book was a quick and interesting read. It was weird reading a book and knowing some of the people personally as we'll as knowing all the places that were referenced and reading someone else's description of them. I learned so much more about the Coleman murders from this book. There was a lot of information concerning Joyce Meyer that I hadn't heard before, some good and ...more
Kenyon
Nov 22, 2014 Kenyon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The author describes women only in terms of their physical attractiveness. It got really annoying after about 20 pages.
Bre Deatherage
Mar 08, 2014 Bre Deatherage rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Especially chilling, since this was local, this book had me researching the case for several days
Joleen Devens
Feb 01, 2016 Joleen Devens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
rue crime. Chris Coleman murdered his wife and 2 children and then played the grieving husband. He was the head of security and body guard of Joyce Meyer, of Joyce Meyer Ministries. Her evangelical organization frowned on divorce. Coleman wanted to leave his wife for another woman and had to make plans to make this happen. Great book. I loved it, but then I am a true crime junkie.
Karen Jones
Jul 16, 2013 Karen Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
I found this case morbidly fascinating when I watched it on 48 Hours. True crime author does a pretty good job here. I especially liked that he didn't go into details with the inevitable courtroom scenes. I only wish there was more about Sheri and Chris' early lives, only felt I was getting a snippet there.
Crystal
Jan 08, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tragic story. Great read. Well written and surprisingly informative.
Janis Gilbert
True story of a minister's bodyguard killing his wife and his two sons. He was a son of a minister from Chester, Ill. Chris Colman, the murderer, worked for a renowned Evangelist, Joyce Meyer, from St. Louis. It happened in 2009 in Columbia, Ill., close to St. Louis.

Sara
Nov 06, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it
The true story of Joyce Meyer's bodyguard who had an affair, and then killed his wife and children so that he could keep his job, which he would lose if he got a divorce.

Crazy story, a real page turner. Very repetitive throughout.
Sharon
Sep 17, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Living in the town it happened and reading about it was an eerie feeling. I know a lot of the CPD officers involved in the case. Some of the things I already knew, but there was a whole that was new.
Cheryl A. Breidigan
Read in one day.

This was a well written and. Interesting book. Although I it was incredibly sad it provided insight into the depravity of Mr Coleman's mind.
Stephanie Wahoski
I am not usually a true crime fan, but this book is excellent. Finished it in two days. I happen to know a few of the detectives involved, and this book is true to fact about the case.
Kim
Jan 20, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chris Coleman was a cold blooded killer & his father is a pastor that bullies his flock. This was so sad that 3 people lost their lives because of Chris Coleman.....
Mariann Wright
Only read it because I knew the family. Not sure I agree with all of it. Hadn't I read it for that resason I may have liked it more...
Patty
Aug 20, 2012 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some slow parts but overall a really good book. Very sad, but filled in the blanks of what I thought happened vs what actually happened.
Karen
Aug 23, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very disturbing that one can not only do these horrific things but think they can get away with it! One word: narcissistic
Paula
Nov 23, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book about a terrible person. How could anyone do such a thing ?
  • Deadly Little Secrets: The Minister, His Mistress, and a Heartless Texas Murder
  • Obsessed
  • The Good Guys
  • Driven To Kill
  • The St. Valentine's Day Massacre: The Untold Story of the Gangland Bloodbath That Brought Down Al Capone
  • The Annals of Unsolved Crime
  • Seven Days of Rage: The Deadly Crime Spree of the Craigslist Killer
  • Deep Politics and the Death of JFK
  • They Killed Our President: 63 Reasons to Believe There Was a Conspiracy to Assassinate JFK
  • Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination
  • Survivor's Guilt: The Secret Service and the Failure to Protect President Kennedy
  • No, Daddy, Don't!: A Father's Murderous Act of Revenge
  • The Girl in the Leaves
  • Witch: The True Story of Las Vegas' Most Notorious Female Killer
  • Boss of Bosses: The FBI and Paul Castellano
  • On the Run : A Mafia Childhood
  • Doc: The Rape of the Town of Lovell
  • The Confessions of an American Black Widow: A True Story of Greed, Lust and a Murderous Wife