Dead Girl Moon

Dead Girl Moon

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  20 reviews
As their hardscrabble lives intertwine in a small, corrupt Montana town, Grace, ascheming runaway, JJ, her drifty fostercare sister, and Mick, the son of a petty thief, discover the body of a young woman.Afraid to come forward, the teens try to hide their knowledge of the crime, because theybelievethemurderer is one of the corrupt officials and businessmen who rule their t...more
Published October 30th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Girl Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Girl Moon

Jon
Check out my blog!
I had extremely high expectations for Dead Girl Moon. I loved the description and decided to read it even though none of my friends had read it. What I expected to be an intense mystery turned out to be pretty mediocre.

The problem with Dead Girl Moon is not with the concept but with the way it's executed. There's little to no tension in Dead Girl Moon, everything should be alot more intense. When a girl just dies in a book, the reader should be on the edge of his/her seat. T...more

I would recommend this book for readers particularly interested in mysteries and more of an adult take on the subject as opposed to regular YA readers.

Between JJ, Mick and Grace, I'd argue that the latter is the main character as you start and end the novel from her perspective and you're given a thorough view of her life. The issue I take there is that she has the least character development of the three protagonists. JJ has probably the least insight given into her character but she was easil...more
Alma  Ramos-McDermott
After being sexually abused by her brothers, Grace runs away and creates a new life for herself in the small town of Portage. Mick has spent his life running from the law with his criminal dad. When they find themselves in Portage, he hopes to finally set down some roots.

Read the rest of my review on my blog, and don't forget to "Like" my blog so you'll read my "Dear Teen Me" letter to my teen self set to go "live" this Saturday: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.c...
Lauren
Price's dark new novel starts off with a shocking bang and never stops! The story of a small town bloated with sinister secrets and corruption and the three teens at its mercy, "Dead Girl Moon" is a gritty, but worthwhile read!
Unabridged Bookshelf
Dead Girl Moon is about dirty politics, murder, and damaged teens. With a setting in my home state, I thought I would enjoy the setting. I however was not impressed, by not only the setting, but the story as well. The idea is not a bad one, but certain elements had me discouraged from the beginning. I will say I did finish the whole thing, and I liked the murder mystery behind the story.

The murder mystery of the young women was decent. The killer is unknown throughout the book until the very en...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Wanting a good mystery, I decided to dive into this book. it gave me the thrills and chills that I needed.

The books starts off with kids who are "not important." Their runaways, troublemakers, banding together to finally have the friendship and family that they need. While doing so, they find a dead body, who some how connects to everyone. Once your in the book, the books move swiftly into action mode where you are on the run for your lives. if you like small town mysteries where their is corrup...more
Kathy Martin
This is a hard one to talk about. I didn't really like one of the main characters. Grace was abused by her older brothers, ignored by her mother when she told her about it, and has run away from home. She finally runs out of money when she gets to Portage, Montana. In Portage she runs into an "old boy" network that finds her a place to live with a drugged out marijuana salesman, his alcoholic wife and son with fetal alcohol syndrome. They also find her a job working in the cafe and cleaning the...more
Donna
Good mystery - too YA for the elementary crowd - but good story nonetheless.Grace, a runaway, meets up with Jj, her foster sister, and Mick, son of a thief, and life in the small town gets complicated. Each character has their own agenda and friendship means more to some than others. Throw in a murder, corrupt town officials, a conniving elderly neighbor, and you have a good mystery on your hands.
Mandy Magill
Mar 08, 2014 Mandy Magill rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one.
Recommended to Mandy by: Good Reads
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Thought this was going to be a really good book due to the description but was disappointed with not only the story but the fashion in which it was written. It was hard to follow and was poorly wrapped together without really explaining anything.
Alla
Great book, intense
Jennifer Smith
This was an interesting mystery though the "whodunnit" wasn't as important as the maneuvering and various conspiracies that were uncovered about the town. Fans of realistic fiction who like stories about kids in tough situations will enjoy this one.
Louisa
Really great book, really enjoyable, and just just really good! The ending was quite abrupt, but other then that, really enjoyed it!
alexandra
This grittiness of this short novel reminded me of Ellen Hopkins. I just couldn't imagine teens sticking with the story.
Dystopian
3.5 stars. The bad guys were a little underdeveloped, but the other characters are well fleshed out.
Heather
Jan 11, 2013 Heather rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: y-a
It was okay...I liked the Montana-ness of the story, but under developed.
Dr. Susan
So far, this book is great. I will give a full review on thebookdealer.net.
Soma "Insomnia Of Books"
Cannot finish this
Not intriguing enough
I am kind of disappointed
Celine Rickey
it was a great book!! Full of excitement!
Ms. Yingling
Too young adult for my crowd.
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Beth In Revolt
Beth In Revolt marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Ipogourus
Ipogourus marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Trisha Carlson
Trisha Carlson marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Chasing the Skip
  • All You Never Wanted
  • Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things
  • Poison Most Vial
  • Code of Silence (Code of Silence, #1)
  • Under the Bridge
  • Circle of Silence (WiHi, #2)
  • The Opposite of Tidy
  •  Death of a Kleptomaniac
  • Like Moonlight at Low Tide: Sometimes the Current Is the Only Thing That Saves You
  • Fourmile
  •  Safekeeping
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • The Cutting Room Floor
  • Griff Carver, Hallway Patrol
  • A Thunderous Whisper
  • Kill You Last (Thrillogy, #3)
  • The Whole Story of Half a Girl
Dead Connection Desert Angel The Interrogation of Gabriel James Lizard People Hear the Dead Cry