Fallen Masters

Fallen Masters

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  50 reviews
What do you get if you combine William Young’s The Shack with Dan Brown’sAngels and Demons?The answer is Fallen Masters, by New York Times bestselling author John Edward.

In the near future, signs and portents have begun to appear that point to a rushing cataclysm. Both political and religious world leaders see the patterns, and the scientific community confirm evidence of...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Tor Books (first published January 1st 2012)

Miyani
I really wanted to like this book. The plot had potential, and yeah, I got a kick out of the fact that it was by John Edward. So when I won it through GoodReads, I was pretty excited.

That excitement lasted for maybe the first 50 pages. Then it was a slog, getting through a bunch of personal narratives that didn't interest me, to see how the plot resolved. And by the time the plot resolved, I just didn't care.

There were too many "main" characters. I couldn't develop a personal relationship with a...more
Emma
Jan 15, 2013 Emma rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I had such high hopes for this book!!! The premise sounded good and I had enjoyed other books with multiple characters in an apocalyptic battle for supremacy on earth between Good and Evil. ("The Stand" springing immediately to mind)

Sadly Mr Edward has a weak narrative style which starts out focusing on a character per chapter, but then starts losing its way until one character gets a good many in a row and cohesiveness in the plot becomes pretty non existant.

There were some nice "cameos" but Mr...more
Karen Jelinek
Very interesting. In deed, where do you think he get's his information, since no one else seems to be able to see past that date. Too many other authors have noted the battle we may face to just not pay attention. Are we ready for the next age?
Starr Reina
A myriad of characters, interwoven together yet individual, all come together in this earth-shattering saga of good versus evil.

Edward takes us to the other side where evil battles with good and where good hopes to reign supreme by using the ‘godness’ of the human race. Souls partner with humans in a race to save Earth as we know it. Characters from around the world are thrown together in a confusing and tumultuous showdown.

The President of the United States is slain and his son is kidnapped. IR...more
Louann Carroll
A dark mass heads toward Earth. Astronomers are at a loss. They believe it is a form of dark matter, yet the gut reaction is that this 'cloud' is more than it seems. The Vatican calls for a counsel of religions where all major churches send representatives. No one knows what to do or how to stop the mass from coming.

Charlene St John, newly widowed, is a world famous singer that as a child experienced the supernatural. She is a good person and uses her voice to inspire the people of Earth. Once s...more
Anna Janelle
description

Rating Clarification: 2.5

I really, really wanted to love this book - but I left it feeling rather "meh" - that is too say, it was very long, very spiritually based (which in my opinion late in the book devolved into preaching about the power of the Creator - which detracted from the creative plot), and a bit cliche. I understood and related to the spiritual message that was related throughout the novel, but it was a bit heavy-handed and repetitive in passing along this message.

Pandora's Cluster...more
Rob Slaven
Firstly, it should be noted that I received this book as part of the 'First Reads' program so it was delivered speedily to my door for free last week. Because of this I felt rather obligated to not only review it but also read this monolithic tome all the way through. At 500 pages this was a sense of obligation that I honestly could have lived very happily without.

From an editorial and stylistic standpoint this book is a travesty. The dialog is woefully in need of revision and tends to be distra...more
Beryle
Oh, I really wanted to like this book. It had a great premise and was meant to wake up anyone reading it to the real and ongoing struggle between good and evil and each person's responsibility to choose sides and consequences thereof. BUT there were too many characters in the book. Also, one entire storyline (the zodiac murders in Belfast) was left completely hanging. We know the murders were committed, save one but we don't know what happened then. Was anyone arrested? How were the bodies recov...more
Sandy

I respect John Edwards and truly believe he has a gift. That gift does not extend to fiction writing. I could see how some could compare it to The Shack but that was a fairly compact quick read that gave one something to think about. This book drones on for 479 pages. I took it along when visiting my daughter and left behind my Kindle. If I had had my Kindle for a backup I would never have finished reading Fallen Masters. I read the entire Left Behind series finding it interesting but nothing c...more
Katherine
Definitely a different book than I normally read but I actually didn't mind The Council of Light vs. The Dark Forces etc..because I liked the overall message of good overcoming evil. Some of the dialog in the book felt amatuer-ish to me...but it was easy to get past that and it was truly an interesting book to read. It gets you thinking.....
Audrey Lawrence
It is epic in scale with the battle between good and evil waging both in the heavens and on the earthly plane. Novel is told from the viewpoint of a number of diverse characters, some famous, some not as they gradulaly learn what must be done.
Author is well know psychic John Edwards and I enjoyed his take on what happens to people who pass on.
Tina
Good vs Evil. This book involved a lot of characters from all over the world and from different walks of life all woven together to tell a story of good vs evil. It reminded me that there is an abundance of good in all of us and collectively we have much influence and power over our existence.
Shelley
This book was very interesting. It took me to the end to decide if I liked it or not, yet I found that each time I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. It is hard to explain the fascination with the story. I loved the message the book sent and I would recommend it.
Nikki
I am surprised by some of the low reviews and comments. I found this book very interesting and enjoyed all the different elements to the plot.
Sonja
I didn't really have high expectations in a book written by a medium, but it was actually rather good. I liked the characters.
Gabbi Bozynski
I believed that Fallen Masters by John Edward was a very thrilling book. It was about an evil that was coming to take over the world, and each chapter it changed to a different person of a big group of characters to see how what they were doing was either helping or fighting the evil. I would highly recommend this book for people who like intense stories that go into the supernatural. However, I personally wasn't the biggest fan of this book for the reason that it lagged at times, and how it was...more
Rachel
Oh. My. Gosh. This took me forever to get through. Not because it was an in-depth read and I needed to make sure I absorbed it...No, I had to keep walking away from it. I was so excited about the end- of-the-world-hey-let's-get-together-and-make-it-happy theme.
I don't believe in psychics but I loved watching John Edward. I read his other books and I figured this one would be stellar. It just had too many unnecessary words and some of it read like a bad movie script. I would get pulled into a fe...more
Paige Collingwood
Was a long read, but I thought it was a good book. Some of the
things that were happening in the book are kind of happening now.
Make you think.
Blair
I would have loved to give this book 4 stars, but I can't justify it. As much as I enjoyed it, the main character made it all a little too "Denzel playing president/ playing earths saviour" it was just a little too "Americas president saves the world... Again". (Like that would happen in real life LOL). Loved that our own Chrissy Swan got a part, speaking of which, this book was written in a style fit for screen play, not so much a literary masterpiece. All together an enjoyable read and a ponde...more
Autumn Shelley
Like many others, I WANTED to like this book, and that kept me reading to about 250 pages, but the pacing is awful, character development weak and (for me) a staggering amount of plot holes dealing with the non-earthly planes. I expected more of Mr. Edward as I am an admirer, but this feels like I was taken advantage of by a publisher who guaranteed themselves a sale due solely to the author's name. Just a disappointment in general.
Ted
John is not a great fiction writer. There are too many characters and we just skim over most of them. By the time we get back to a character, I've forgotten what they were doing or how their story is relevant.
I checked this out from the library - renewed it twice (the max) and still left it with ~15% left to read. I just didn't care about anyone in the book enough to finish it.
Melannie
I did not like this book at all. But I read it and I will not read it again. Nothing against Mr. Edward but this type of fiction is more of a personal taste if you believe in the afterlife and such (which I do not). The idea of uniting deceased loved ones in this format didn't entertain me at all. To each their own though.
Judy
I must say that after reading some of the reviews, I am in the minority. I absolutely loved this book. I thought the concept was quite different and I enjoyed the author's imagination in bringing science and religion together. I will say that around page 800 it got a bit boring for about 100 pages and then it picked up again.
Kat Mcgrath
I read many of the reviews before I read / listened. I was skeptical. But pleasantly surprised. A cross between The Stand (my all time favorite book), and The Shack. Some really likable characters, just too many of them a great beginning , a so so ending, and a hell of a lot of repetitive words between the two.
Emily Boivin
THIS BOOK DID NOT RESONATE WITH ME AS A REAEDER, I FOUND IT FAIRLY DIFFICULT TO READ. I DID NOT IDENTIFY WITH THE CHARECTERS NOR DID I CARE ABOUT THEN. EVEN THOUGHT I FINISNED THIS NOVEL I WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT TO MY FRIENDS.
THIS NOVEL WAS WON BY MY ON GOOD READS.
Matilda1135
it took time to get used to the writing style - felt like a dick and jane book for about 150 pages
once the story started taking shape the writing style improved
good story
angels - god - jesus
Stephanie
I thought the basic story was a good one but I had difficulty skipping back and forth between the characters. I prefer the story flow from one thing to the next instead of going back and forth
Ann Alton

I liked the concept, and enjoyed it for the most part, but i kept thinking it was a bit too complicated. I felt it could have had fewer characters and been just as good.
Tory Wagner
This was not a novel, but a religious treatise. The characters were barely developed and the plot lacked true action. Those who enjoy religious stories will probably enjoy it though.
Shiloh Saddler
I didn't know what to expect when I picked this book off the shelf. It turned out to be heavier reading than I was wanting. The storyline was good but it took a while to work through.
  • Zane's Everything Fades Away: An eShort Story
  • The Key: A True Encounter
  • Midnight Clear
  • Vandal Love: A Novel
  • End of Days
  • The Object Of His Protection (Braddocks Secret Son, #4)
  • Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2)
  • Don't Kiss Them Good-bye
  • The Man in 3B
  • Sanctuary Cove (Cavanaugh Island, #1)
  • Disengaged
  • The Cheater (Lily Forrester, #3)
  • Nerve Damage
  • The Book of Obeah
  • Thorn in My Side
  • I Am Jennie
  • The 1st Victim (Kovac and Liska, #3.5)
  • Soul's Gate (A Well Spring Novel, #1)
One Last Time Crossing Over After Life What If God Were the Sun? Infinite Quest: Develop Your Psychic Intuition to Take Charge of Your Life