STOLEN! A Pony Called Pebbles (Rainbow Street #5)

STOLEN! A Pony Called Pebbles (Rainbow Street #5)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Amy lives and breathes horses, but all her horses are in books or in her head. So when she goes on a picnic with her friend Hannah’s family, Hannah thinks Amy is imagining things when she says she heard a horse neigh nearby. But then Hannah hears a neigh, too! What’s a horse doing in the park?

With a little help from Mona at the Rainbow Street Shelter, Amy makes sure the ho...more
Published November 13th 2012 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

Caryn Caldwell
Amy has always loved horses, but she knows she'll never be able to have one. Not only would it be too big to fit in her backyard, but it would be too expensive, too. But when she finds a dirty, starving horse trapped inside a rusty, makeshift corral, she sees her chance to help out -- while also finally fulfilling her dream of riding a horse.

I enjoyed this one very much and can see it being popular with the horse-loving crowd. The plot had enough twists to keep it suspenseful, and I found myself...more
Lynn
Fair for a transitional reader, especially those horse-loving little girls! Somewhat predictable ending with a few little twists: who would think to use shaving cream to try to hide a horse's color? Stereotypical bad guys: just got out of jail, not too smart.
A couple of confusing paragraphs could detract the inexperienced reader, but likely will not interefer with their enjoyment of reading about a girl whose horse dream came true!
Taya Van

Ii absolutely loved the book as you can tell by my rating of it. Well I love horses and I actually have 7 of my own so that was one of the main reasons I enjoyed it so much. But also i think that it was cool how it had such a major problem and the resolution was very lovely. So once again I really did love this book!
Diana Gagliardi
A lower level chapter book that teaches about kindness, animal shelters, particularly horses. While it's mostly a story about a little girl who loves horses and manages to help rescue one, it also talks about dedication and the how tos for caring for them.

A fun book in a good series.
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Sela
Sela marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Zoey
Zoey is currently reading it
Sep 29, 2013
Farrah Brown
Farrah Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
BCA
BCA marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Deanna
Deanna added it
Jul 15, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Nora
Nora added it
Apr 15, 2013
Tessa
Tessa added it
Mar 14, 2013
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Noa
Noa added it
Dec 18, 2012
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
I’m an author, but I could never have started writing books if I hadn’t loved reading them first. Reading isn’t just one of my favourite things to do; it’s one of the most important things in my life. I can’t imagine a world in which I couldn’t read, every day. That’s why I always read to my children every day, just as my parents used to read to me. Stories can be exciting, sad, funny, scary or co...more
More about Wendy Orr...
Nim's Island Peeling the Onion Nim at Sea The Princess and Her Panther LOST! A Dog Called Bear