Skating on the Edge (Rebecca Robbins Mystery, #3)

Skating on the Edge (Rebecca Robbins #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Rebecca Robbins, owner of the Toe Stop roller-skating rink, is back, this time joined by a tough and sassy roller derby team, and she has a new puzzling murder to solve.

It’s Native American Summer Days in Indian Falls, and Rebecca is roped into taking a turn in the Senior Center dunk tank. That is, until her rhinestone-studded grandfather, Pop, needs help setting up his El...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Minotaur Books (first published January 1st 2012)

Jaylia3
Murder most bizarre, mysterious goings-on, roller derby madness, personality-plus characters, wacky small town mayhem, and a slowly simmering romance! This warm-hearted, humorous story has all the makings of fun, and though it sometimes verges on absurdity it never sacrifices emotional richness for a laugh. I've enjoyed every book in this series and for me they just keep getting better and better--this one is greatly enhanced by the new roller derby team that has taken up residence in Rebbecca R...more
Valentina
If you are looking for a series that is a little bit quirky, but that is lots of fun, this one might be for you.
I really didn’t know what to expect from this book. I love mysteries in small towns and the author really knows how to write those. There is a cozy atmosphere that works very well with the story, making the tension, once it starts, more pronounced. The author also knows how to balance Rebecca’s search for the murdered while still keeping the rest of the story going. That’s not always...more
Dru Ann
The action was fast and fury in this delightful drama as Rebecca navigates her way through suspects and clues to nab herself a killer who may or may not be after her. The mystery was good and kept me embroiled in the storyline from beginning to end and I enjoyed how the people in and out of Rebecca’s life had a role in this well-written tale. A great whodunit with a wonderful cast of characters and engaging and amusing conversations, this was the best book yet in this fabulously charming series.
Kathleen Kelly
Skating on the Edge is a fun story about Rebecca Robbins, who owns an ice skating rink that she inherited from her mother. She has plans to sell the Toe Stop and return to the big city. Small town life is not her thing. During the Native American Summer Days Rebecca was picked to take her turn in the dunk tank but Sherlene-n-Mean takes her place and is electrocuted. Rebecca is determined to find out who did it and why and she puts herself in danger repeatedly. With the help of her grandfather "P...more
Roxanne Kade
Let me start off by admitting that I haven't read the first two books in this series, but after having read Skating on the Edge, I most certainly will make a point of reading them!

Wow! This was such a fun and exciting story, and I quickly became engrossed in the lives of each and every character. Charbonneau has an easy writing style that helped me settle into the story from page one and it held on tight until the very end.

Rebecca Robbins is a strong MC who doesn't take an ounce of nonsense fr...more
Charlotte Lynn
Rebecca Robbins is the owner of the Toe Stop roller-rink where a tough roller derby team practices. One of the roller derby girls is murdered when she takes Rebecca’s turn in the dunk tank at the Native American Summer Days. Rebecca knows she must solve this murder before someone actually manages to kill her.
Skating on Edge is the third of the Rebecca Robbins Mysteries. I did not read the first two, but was easily able to follow this one and enjoy it. The characters were quirky and fun and made...more
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
When I got offered the chance to review Skating On The Edge as part of the blog tour I jumped atthechance. Not only did it sound like a great read, I love reading books about skating, even though I have no balance to actually do it myself.
Skating On The Edge follows Rebecca, default and reluctant owner of Toe Stop Roller Rink. A lucky escape for herself from the dunk tanklaunchesa murder investigation into who would want her dead, and why. Unhappy with the progress made by law enforcement, Rebec...more
Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)
Skating on the Edge is the third, and by far the most heart racing, novel of the quirky mystery series penned by Joelle Charbonneau. The series so far has perfectly portrayed the fun of owning a roller skating rink in a small gossipy town, but this round, readers get a deeper look into of the heart of Rebecca Robbins.

The previous novel, Skating Over the Line, features the first appearance of the roller derby team, EstroGenocide. In Skating on the Edge, one of their own is murdered and the rumors...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Rebecca Robbins owner (until it sells) of the Toe Stop skating rink in Indian Falls, Illinois. Rebecca has family, her Grandfather, Pop, and her father, Stan. She also has a roller rink full of friends and a stellar roller derby team that calls the rink home,Estrogenocide! Not to mention everyone in town knows each other.

Indian Falls is celebrating it's Native American Summer Days, with a full festival filled with foods, games, and even a dunk tank. Rebecca is filling in for the usual person as...more
Inga
My review:

Skating on the Edge by Joelle Charbonneau is the third book on Rebecca Robbins mysteries. I have to admit, that I haven't read any other of her books, but that did not disturb one bit. Skating on the Edge is quirky mystery, which is well written and it is easy to read. The plot is solid, the dialogue snappy and characters are colorful and quirky.

Rebecca Robbins is owner of is Toe Stop roller skating rink and she finds herself in the middle of a murder case. With lots of cheering from h...more
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
This book was really enjoyable. At first I found it a bit difficult to get into because of my quarrel with Rebecca’s character but once I got passed that, it was simply an easy read that kept me entertained. The characters helped to bring the tone of the book up, and when one is writing about crime it must be difficult to keep moods high. I found myself laughing out loud a fair few times, grinning like an idiot at others and then screaming silly things at the characters at others. It was fully e...more
Nora-adrienne
Skating on the Edge it the third book in the saga of Becca Robbins and her life in her home town of Indian Falls. Becca is still vacillating between selling her skating rink or staying and making a life. Getting in the way is her uncanny ability to find either trouble or dead bodies.

This new story is the most fascinating one to date, it has a plethora of suspects, and more time actually dealing with Sean the Deputy Sheriff. You just have to grab a copy, and make time in your day to read it in o...more
Pamela
Enjoyed this one LOTS! Love the wit and speed which this series moves along. My friends who are into roller derby will LOVE seeing themselves in a lead roll in this book. Rebecca Robbins is back at her sleuthing ways & bringing us along for the adventure. I enjoy the antics of Pop & love it when Elwood makes an appearance in these stories! HE won my heart in the first of the series & always is a highlight when he shows up.

The first in the series is now in paperback if you want to pic...more
Susan
When a member of the roller derby team from her skating rink takes Rebecca's place in the dunk tank and dies, neither Rebecca or her frenemy, deputy sheriff Sean, is sure who the real target was. As Rebecca sleuths on her own, she discovers hidden secrets both about the roller derby belles, and about her own life. For instance, does she really want to sell the rink that had been her mother's dream?
I was fortunate enough to obtain a copy thru Library Thing. I have never read anything from this author and thought it was adorable. I enjoyed the characters and the small town characteristics. I enjoyed all the action involving the roller derby. I will make it a point to read the other two books in this series; this was a very quick, fun read.
Melodie
Liked this one, but liked the first 2 better. Fun series and the next one comes out later this year. The 2nd in her Glee Club series comes out Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to it. Also, got a ARC for her YA, The Testing, that I'm looking forward to reading. It's getting good buzz from lots of places including EW. RECOMMEND!
Cory
Janet Evanovich has been disappointing me of late, and this small (thus far) series has skated into the void. Ha ha ha! I think I'm funny with the puns! Anyway, the romantic entanglements are realistic, the characters are great, the mysteries are fun, and there's a hat-wearing camel. What more could you want?!?!?!
Shannon
I cheered at the end of this book!! YAYed and clapped! It was so good! I love this series and the characters just get better and better! This book could stand alone just fine and would be loved but read with the other books it is just that much better!! Can't wait for the next book!!
April
This mystery features a woman who has inherited a skating rink from her mother, along with a women's roller derby tea. Someone is trying to kill her, but kills a former nun instead. There's not much depth to this light hearted mystery and it's quite predictable, but still entertaining.
Julie Schoerke
This whole series is hilarious, fun and set in one of my favorite places...small town America. The author's mother was a prominent roller-skater. They say "write what you know" and Joelle Charbonneau has done it with charm and humor.
Teddi
I quite enjoyed all 3 books and hope they continue. Maybe it was because I lived my teen years in a roller rink. And the characters are fun without going way overboard like in another recent series I read.
Marissa DeCuir
Ok who doesn't totally love roller skating? Even if you don't, doesn't matter. It's just what made me pick up the book. What followed was a hilarious murder mystery I couldn't put down! Read it!!
Rebecca
I've read all 3 books in the series, and I am still hooked! Loved the solution to Rebecca's decision. The only problem I have with the series? A triangle where I just love both of the guys! Sigh.
Joelle Anthony
Another fun addition to the series. I think this might be the funniest one. There's at least one more coming, so I'll be reading it for sure.
Beth
So I read one chapter and thought...meh, I just don't care, so I stopped. Onward and upward.
Jeanette
This is the 3rd book in this series and I like it alot. Its funny, witty, and a good mystery.
Anna
These books keep getting better and better. Can't wait to see what happens next.
I really like this author's style, the series is excellent!!
Jeanne O'donnell
Love the series and the author
Alys
Alys marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
I am a storyteller at heart. I have performed in a variety of operas, musical theatre and children's theatre productions across the Chicagoland area.

While I'm happy to perform for an audience, I am equally delighted to teach private voice lessons and use my experience from the stage to create compelling characters on the page. I am the author of the Rebecca Robbins mystery series (Minotaur Books)...more
More about Joelle Charbonneau...
The Testing (The Testing, #1) Independent Study (The Testing, #2) The Testing Guide (The Testing, #0.5) Skating Around the Law (Rebecca Robbins, #1) Murder for Choir (Glee Club, #1)