Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook

Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Go TO THE MAX with the most massive and complete Hungry Girl cookbook ever---650 recipes from the guru of guilt-free eating!

Consider this your HUNGRY GIRL BIBLE. In Hungry Girl to the Max!, Lisa Lillien has created a book that is a must-have for anyone who craves insanely delicious food without the high-calorie price tag! HG classics like large-and-in-charge egg mugs, over...more
Published October 16th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published October 2012)

Either you're a fan of HG or not. . .I don't think there is much room for middle ground. I love her style, enthusiasm for food and dieting. I've been mixed on her previous books - I want to like her, but the amount of processed and 'fake' food she includes in her recipes is a little scarey. While it's probably healthier (and more varied) than frozen entrees, the food often tastes pre-fab. If you're really craving chocolate, than a double choclate vita-mix muffin top might not really calm the cra...more
Bunny
A lot of the complaining about this book is regarding the ingredients, such as the tofu noodles.

Do people not know you can replace ingredients? Is this not something that should be obvious?

Yes, this may add calories to the dish, but for crying out loud, people. If you don't want soy crumbles, replace it with ground turkey, and move the fuck on. Don't want tofu noodles? There's an entire pasta aisle in every supermarket in town. Really, I promise. Go look.

I personally love this book, and want to...more
Vonetta
Jan 01, 2014 Vonetta rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Vonetta by: Supervisor
Shelves: cookbooks
There were a lot more meals in this book than I thought there were going to be that I would even consider trying. Lisa tries to use the everyday things that would be found in a cooks pantry, or someone that is trying to eat healthy or healthier and need something quick. Some of the meals only take 30 minutes to cook and are simple to assemble. Can't wait to start cooking and experimenting with new flavors and a different way of looking at healthy eating. Now I just have to see if her other books...more
Deanne
I had a friend who said that this was "the best cookbook ever!" I gave this a chance and I think my expectations where too high.

90% pasta section is those tofu noodles. I'm allergic to tofu so sadly not much of a help :( Plus they are very expensive in my area.

The pizza section was all on tortillas! Not the first thing when I think of pizza but I guess I shouldn't be picky when I cutting out calories.

Peg
This is THE best cookbook EVER if you are watching your weight. It is especially good for those of us following Weight Watchers. WW points can be found for all the recipes on the Hungry Girl website. The recipes are delicious, and most are very simple, quick and easy to fix. I would recommend this to anyone!
Lucy
I like the ideas and the style but Lisa Lillien uses a ton of chemically based faux foods. In an effort to be healthy I think we need to focus a little more on fresh. There are also many many variations of the same dish (egg mugs for example). There are some good recipes, however, and easy ones.
Angi614c
Another winner by HG!!! SOOO many reci's so many great swaps!! So much stuff!!! I LUV it its also WW points plus friendly and I LUV it I do wish there could be more pics to see BUT O DID GET ON THE WEBSITE AND EVERY SINGLE reci has WW POINTS PLUS AND A PIC!!!! HG U JUST CAN'T GO WRONG!!!!!:):)
Peggy
There are some great, guilt-free, but still tasty recipes in the this book that are not too complicated to prepare. I highly recommend it for the mom who does not have a lot of time but wants to prepare healthy meals for her family.
Kerry
I actually really do like Hungry Girl and I read her blog, but when it comes to her recipe books I just don't know. I get really enthusiastic, but at the same time I don't really care for many of her solutions to make things healthier.
Kathy
I think I am not the target audience for this cookbook. I prefer a healthy diet that doesn't use all the artificial foods for dieters. If you like fake eggs, fake cheese, fake sugar, then this is the book for you.
Cherish
I love Hungry Girl's ideas and recipes (especially for breakfast and lunch) but I found this book had a lot of repeats from previous books. I loved that it had lots of food variety though, including Chinese and Mexican.
Jenette
Could use some tweaking by using more whole grains (which are easily substituted in), but wins brownie points with me because of each recipe containing a nutrition analysis. Something I need to keep track of.
Marley
I have the same gripe as her other books..where the eff am I supposed to find these shirataki whatevers? But this book combines a lot of her other books and is a great way to get a lot of different recipes
Jenn
I have tried quite a few of these recipes and have really liked every one. Some of them I won't ever end up trying because I already don't like the ingredients but I am hopeful for more yummy recipes to try.
Holly
Jan 06, 2014 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone looking to eat healthier
This book is FULL of healthy recipes and substitutions to recipes you already love! A lot of the recipes are broken down to one or two servings - instead of 6! Super simple and easy to make!
Vicki Krivak
I Love this cookbook! There are alot of great recipes in it. It's helped me lose weight, and continues to help me. A great book.
Beka
Lots of great low-cal recipes, though there are some repeats from other books (which they openly admit).
Rachel
Easy-to-prepare recipes made with common ingredients. Nutrition facts for each recipe. Great book!
Heather
I had made a few out of here they were OK
Jenny Combs
So many recipes! Which to cook first???
Tiffany Newman
love this book lot of yummy yummy food
April
I love hungry girl recipes!
Mai
Mai marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Shannon Stout
Shannon Stout marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Cher
Cher marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Lori Snyder
Lori Snyder marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • Eating for Life: Your Guide to Great Health, Fat Loss and Increased Energy
  • The South Beach Diet Good Fats/Good Carbs Guide: The Complete and Easy Reference for All Your Favorite Foods
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • Real Simple: Meals Made Easy
  • Understanding Nutrition
  • The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit Show
  • Thrive Fitness: Mental and Physical Strength for Life
  • The Zone: A Dietary Road Map to Lose Weight Permanently
  • This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More--and Keep the Weight Off
  • The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results
  • Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • SuperFoods Rx: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life
  • The Body Fat Solution: Five Principles for Burning Fat, Building Lean Muscles, Ending Emotional Eating, and Maintaining Your Perfect Weight
  • Food and Healing
  • The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom
  • Whitewash: The Disturbing Truth About Cow's Milk and Your Health
The creator of HungryGirl.com shares her best tips, recipes, and advice to live a healthy and full life!"

Lisa Lillien is not a nutritionist, she's just hungry. She's the founder of Hungry Girl, the website and daily email service providing approximately one million fans with guilt-free recipes, food and product reviews, dieting news, shockers and more. She also writes weekly columns for WeightWatc...more
More about Lisa Lillien...
Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunches & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style!