Start by marking “The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013” as Want to Read:
The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013
Preview

The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The bestselling guide to markets in all areas of the media, completely revised and updated, and this year in its 106th edition. With a new foreword by a famous author and several brand new articles by authors and publishing insiders.

It also contains a wealth of practical information on a huge range of topics including copyright, finance, submitting a manuscript and e-publi
Published September 15th 2012 by A&C Black

To ask other readers questions about The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013

PaulaSHx
The Writers and Artists Yearbook is published annually and it basically has the contact details for publishers, editors and commissioning editors of UK newspapers, magazines, book publishers, film, TV and radio producers. It also holds some valuable information about who belongs to what newspaper or publishing group; how to market your writing; how to approach different editors; how to present your ideas and what standard they would expect from you.

Like any other handbook, this is a reference gu
M.D. Bowden
I loved the articles by famous authors, but as a self-published author myself I thought the info on self-publishing wasn't particularly useful. If you want a traditional publishing deal this book has lots of info to help you go about it. I recommend all writers get a copy of this book.
Paul
Very good resource for all writers to have cluttering up a shelf at home. You will reference it often.

Succinctly and simply written and blows the Fog of War away from the whole writing industry.

Very handy!
Kay Bolton
I think that the number of Reviews' for this publication speak for themselves - the good points and bad points being upheld in equal measure as far as I am concerned.

One would hope that they have reached this edition without the relevant details being fully updated each time, but as this is my first time of purchase that remains to be seen I guess.

For the short time I have had this reference work, it has given me some valuable help, therefore 4 stars from me.

I believe that the 2014 edition has n
Phil Syphe
This large volume covers a lot of ground, featuring info on literary agents and publishers, plus numerous articles to suit a different authors.

Although it has "2013" written on the cover, this was actually published during 2012.

This tome is especially worth checking out if you're an unpublished or a self-published author. It would be more sensible, of course, to purchase the most recent edition, though there are still lots of features in this if you can get it cheaper than the latest one.

Mark
I am a member of The Society of Authors and have been writing and published for many years ( http://markmacduff.com ) and throughout my time writing I have frequently kept a copy of the W&A Yearbook to hand. Pleasingly they have always kept a uniform layout from year to year but in 2013 they have introduced new sections to the book to bring it as up to date as possible. I would recommend it to any aspiring writer as an essential work of reference and guidance.
Deepak Viji
Nov 05, 2013 Deepak Viji rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Deepak by: saiprasanth
Shelves: year-book-2013
i think this book will be interesting. this website is so good
Ahmed Ibrahim
Ahmed Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Tanya Bainbridge
Tanya Bainbridge marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Mr.Lobster
Mr.Lobster marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Felicity Quinn
Felicity Quinn marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Andy Madeley
Andy Madeley marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Various is the correct author for any book with multiple unknown authors, and is acceptable for books with multiple known authors, especially if not all are known or the list is very long (over 50).

If an editor is known, however, Various is not necessary. List the name of the editor as the primary author (with role "editor"). Contributing authors' names follow it.

Note: WorldCat is an excellent res
More about Various...
101 Best Jokes The Night Before Christmas and Other Popular Stories For Children Best Jokes 2014 101 Dirty Jokes - sexual and adult's jokes Familiar Quotations