Start by marking “I Know Who Holds Tomorrow: A Novel” as Want to Read:
I Know Who Holds Tomorrow: A Novel

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow: A Novel (Hidden Legacy/A Family Affair #1)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  547 ratings  ·  22 reviews
From all appearances, Madison and Wes Reed are a picture-perfect couple. Madison is a popular talk show host; Wes is a respected TV correspondent. But behind the public smiles, Madison knows her marriage is a lie. Ever since the loss of their child, she’s felt a distance between them. But when a fatal car wreck claims the life of her husband—and his mistress—Madison discov ...more
Published October 30th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published April 20th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about I Know Who Holds Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

Kia
A love story. It follows the simple format. Woman meets man, they fight their attraction, have some rough patches, then get together. I <3 Francis Ray. If I can't get the fairytale in real life might as well get it in a book.
Chantel
Ms. Ray sure knows how to build a plot. The entire time I was reading I was dying to know what the big secret was. This book was realistic in it's emotions. The impossible situation and the journey from anger to love was heart wrenching for both Madison and me. I must be honest... I don't know if I could have done it. The ease in which this story is told created the perfect flow and made it very hard for me to put down. I only removed one star because the end seemed a bit rushed. People went out ...more
Shawnette

To the outsider looking in, Madison and Wes Reed appear to be the perfect couple. They are what most deem as a match made in heaven. They are successful and appear to be living the good life. However, these two are far from what people think they are. Behind closed doors they are sleeping in separate bedrooms, rarely speak to each other. Madison and Wes suffered a terrible lost losing their only child. This lost has driven the couple in different directions. Madison is driven by her career and h
Monique
Wonderful story of love and redemption. Madison an Wes Reed seemed to be a picture perfect power couple. They both were well known television journalist but they had a huge secret - their marriage was a failure. Then the unbelievable happened, Wes was fatally injured in a car accident. The next few weeks were a blur for Madison and she never saw the extreme changes coming.

Ray has out done herself with this work..."trust your heart...it always knows the way." Madison had to work through betrayal
Stanjay Daniels
This was my first time reading a book from this author, Francis Ray. I really enjoyed reading it because the storyline was very different and it grabbed my attention. It was well written and the characters were believable. I hope to read many more books from Francis Ray in the future. 4 stars for this great read!
Bebe20018
I love Francis Ray, her books always make me feel so giddy and happy. I don't know if I could be the kind woman that would take of my husband's love child produced by an affair but Melinda did it and with grace. Days later I am still thinking about this story. Off to finish the trilogy.
Lynda
This was a good romance with a few unusual twists. Madison's husband is killed in a car accident leaving her with his child by his girlfriend to raise. How Madison heals from his betrayal and learned to both trust and love again was hard to put down.
Lisa
A very charming book. I loved the relationships that developed with all the characters in the book. I felt the secret that Zacary held on to, could have and should have been brought out sooner. But even with that said a very sweet plot.
Cf
Not sure I would have handled the situation the same. I give Madison credit for forgiving Zachary, his lies were major. I even enjoyed Camille and Gordon's story. A good read you won't be disappointed.
Tm
This is by far the best romance novel I've read for African Americans. I love how it has so many twists and turns, but still portrays what real love is and how it's all one needs to overcome anything.
BW Diva

I really enjoyed this book, it was a great read devastating for Madison losing her husband Wes, but she and several others found love again!!!!
Michelle
Really enjoyed Madison's story. I know it took a lot for her to trust again but glad she did. Love Francis Ray's books!!
Chere' Brady
This is probably one of my favorite books of all time. Such a wonderful book. A must read for everyone.
Jovette
this was a great read! it kept me entertained and wanting to keep reading. on to the 3rd in this series
Debbie
Enjoyed this story! Francis Rays stories are always touching and they draw you in from the start!
Elfish1
This is the first book I've read by Francis Ray. It won't be the last. Excellent!
Sonia
Loved it from beginning to end every couple that was in this book was a joy to read.. ;-)
Djdiamond22
starts a little slow then gets good.
Jenelle
Jenelle marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Chanel
Chanel marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Danielle Tate
Danielle Tate marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
  • Welcome to Leo's
  • A Whole Lotta Love
  • Fire And Desire
  • You Gotta Sin to Get Saved
  • She's My Baby
Died July 2, 2013.

Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University
More about Francis Ray...

Hidden Legacy/A Family Affair (3 books)
  • When Morning Comes: A Family Affair Novel
  • After the Dawn: A Family Affair Novel
Until There Was You (Graysons of New Mexico, #1) Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3) Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5) Irresistible You (Graysons of New Mexico, #4) The Way You Love Me

“do we not love each other enough, or do we love ourselves too much!” 5 likes