Start by marking “The Last Odd Day” as Want to Read:
The Last Odd Day

The Last Odd Day

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Jean Clover was born on a mountain to a blind daddy and a mama steeped in sadness. O. T. Witherspoon came along and if he didn't exactly sweep her off her feet, well, Jean knew she would be leaving that mountain behind forever -- for a life maybe just removed from that long history of creeping sadness -- for a life full of children.

What Jean learns is that life is not what
Published May 25th 2004 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about The Last Odd Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Odd Day

Georgia Herod
Once again Hinton showcases the significance of women's friendships as Jean Clover rebuilds her life after OT Witherspoon dies. Faith and forgiveness are also important themes.

Melissa
Touching, lyrical book about a woman whose husband dies and she finds he had a daughter with someone else. Hinton is great about writing raw emotion.
Kristi Brendle
easy, quick read of sadness, loss and redemption.
Donna
Lynn Hinton presents a bittersweet story of a woman who looks back and examine her life and her marriage when her husband of many years dies and a surprising young woman appears who opens doors from the past. I always am inspired by this author's writing. She has a quote in this book that sticks with me. I have heard it before and it is so true.

"In the end, it isn't how you count things that matters, it's how the things that matter count."
"There isn't any keeping score or way to make things even
Cathy Jones
it's an okay book.
mom2wah
Loved this book. Never heard of author read because of referral
Jeans husband is very sick and us in a facility.
He pAsses away and jean is forced to reflect on her life. The good and the bad. Then she finds secrets. How she deals with them is unbelievable. Great outlook on life and looking back and within.
Kristi
This book was just ok- I kind of liked the premise, but it didn't really go anywhere. I didn't really care too much about the characters or the story. There were, however, some interesting side stories interspersed throughout.
Michelle
The book was very interesting. I enjoyed the oddities of the main character, Jean Clover. Her life was not easy but she dealt with it gracefully. She sounds like somone I would like to spend time with.
Nancy
The main character of this book comes from several generations that have had extremely hard lives. When her husband dies, the protective walls that she has spent her lifetime creating begin to crumble.
Pam
Not a bad book at all. Liked the main character very much. She a very resilient soul - and I loved the idea that some things don't have to be some one else's fault - some things just are the way the are.
Karen
Nothing Special - having the hardest time getting into a book right now so ---
I re-reading the Hunger Games series again. Love those!!!!!

Shannon The Show Stopper
Not my favorite Lynne Hinton book but it's still worth a read. I really appreciate the strength of the heroine in the story.
Connie
This was a endearing but very mundane book. I wish that there had been more plot and character development.
Sandra Murphy
I loved this quiet story of loss, contemplation, and forgiveness.
Dot
A thought provoking, profound, intelligent, thoughtful book.
Cindy
This is my favorite book by this author. Good characters and plot.
Julie
This book was ok...not bad...not awesome.
Kim Faires
Odd little book.
Katy S
Katy S is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2015
Michelle Lia
Michelle Lia marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Nell
Nell marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Denise Wong
Denise Wong marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Kathryn Harlan
Kathryn Harlan is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lynne Hinton is the pastor of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. The author of numerous novels including Friendship Cake, Hope Springs, Forever Friends, Christmas Cake, and Wedding Cake, she lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
More about Lynne Hinton...
Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1) Pie Town Sister Eve, Private Eye (A Divine Private Detective Agency Mystery #1) Christmas Cake The Arms of God