Start by marking “Zen and The Art of Murder: A Zen Moses Mystery” as Want to Read:
Zen and The Art of Murder: A Zen Moses Mystery

Zen and The Art of Murder: A Zen Moses Mystery (P.I. Zen Moses #1)

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
To live and die in L.A.

Zen Moses is either having a bad day or bad karma. Her cat is dead. The IRS wants to talk to her. And she just found her long-lost cousin's body bound to a beer keg at her favorite neighborhood bar. It's enough to drive even a tough private investigator to drink, smoke a good cigar, and find a firm male shoulder to cry on.

But cynical, wise-cracking Z
Published September 30th 1998 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Zen and The Art of Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zen and The Art of Murder

Maddy
Feb 13, 2016 Maddy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
RATING: 3.5
SERIES: #1 of 3
Zen Moses is a PI who is working on 2 cases. One involves the murder of her estranged cousin; the other features a popular talk show host who wants Zen to find her father. The plot is a bit flimsy, but the character of Zen shows a lot of potential. The blurbs make her sound rather flighty, but she is anything but.
Feb 13, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started enjoying this book but as always I am terrible at guessing the ending of mystery books. I appreciated the twists at the end, not my favorite mystery but I enjoyed the change of reading a mystery book, I haven't read one in a long time.
Ellie
Zen and The Art of Murder by Elizabeth M Cosin is one of two books in a series about private investigator, Zenaria Moses, a tough Jewish girl recovering from cancer and a history of bad relationships. When she stumbles across the body of her long-lost-and believed dead-cousin Danny, she discovers that her troubles are just beginning.

If this sounds a bit predictable, it is. If the Zen's character sounds predictable but with the possibility of some interesting twists, it is. I enjoyed this book, a
Sherrie
Jul 17, 2007 Sherrie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hard boiled women.
Shelves: 2006booklist
This book had me at the first page when private investigator, Zen Moses, tells us she is very depressed because it’s the holidays and her cat just died. “It rained the day I said goodbye to my best friend.” Okay, that hooked me. A sad Zen stops in at her neighborhood bar and the story begins. At the bar, her cousin, Daniel Moses, is found dead in the bar's walk-in refrigerator. Zen thought Danny had committed suicide 12 years ago, following an argument with her. While looking into his murder, sh ...more
Pam
Oct 28, 2007 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/B+ Zenaria Moses is a young female PI in LA. She was a former sportswriter & after leaving that profession found her niche as a private investigator. She blends 2 stories nicely: finding the body of her cousin in the beer cooler of her local tarern, Father's Office, she is soemwhat stunned. She had thought him dead for the past 10 yrs. Meanwhile, she is hired by an up-&-coming talk show host to find her estranged father. Liked her writing
style & will look for the next one in the
Melissa
Very much like an entry in the Stephanie Plum series, the pace of the book was quick and lively and the character was inquisitive and humorous. Only negatives were passages where Zen, the title character, jumped on a soapbox and dragged the pacing. Not enough clues, yet it was no surprise the mysteries were intertwined.
Melissa Smith
Feb 03, 2008 Melissa Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book several years ago but it still stands out as one of the best mystery books I have ever read. It's a gripping, edge of your seat, unpredictable mystery ride from beginning to end.
Katherine
Not as good as the second in the series.
Annie Michelle
love the first book in this series
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Clint
Clint added it
Apr 01, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Rengeko
Rengeko rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Jon Winder
Jon Winder rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Holly West
Holly West rated it really liked it
May 11, 2015
Leigh Mccullough
Leigh Mccullough rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Patsy
Patsy rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Cynthia Clouser
Cynthia Clouser rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015