Start by marking “Who Has This Tail?” as Want to Read:
Who Has This Tail?

Who Has This Tail?

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Short and fuzzy, long and scaled: no matter their size and shape, tails aren't just hanging around—they’re useful! This fun, informative book invites readers to guess the owner of nine tails, and then turn the page to see the animal and its tail in action.
Published October 16th 2012 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Who Has This Tail?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Has This Tail?

Laurie
Aug 23, 2014 Laurie rated it liked it
Alexandria Hiam
Mar 18, 2016 Alexandria Hiam rated it really liked it
Short and fuzzy, long and scaled: no matter their size and shape, tails aren't just hanging around--they're useful! This book invites readers to guess the owner of nine tails, and then turn the page to see the animal and its tail in action.
A
Mar 14, 2016 A rated it really liked it
Kelsey Yates
Jun 18, 2015 Kelsey Yates rated it really liked it
Lovely animal pictures. Simple text and matching for young readers and listeners.
Nan
Aug 04, 2013 Nan rated it liked it
On each page is the title question in large print with a close-up of a tail. Next is a two page spread showing the animal in its natural habitat with an explanation of which animal it is and what it uses its tail for. My PreK and Kinder students love books like this. As a read aloud it will generate lots of conversation about other animal tails and their uses. At the end is a double gate-fold in a checkerboard pattern. This could be used for a matching game after the story. Not a have to have bo ...more
Jun 25, 2014 Sarah added it
Stories & Songs: Zoo
Angie
Feb 03, 2014 Angie rated it it was ok
Good guessing book for kids but a little on the dull side.
Casey
Jan 17, 2014 Casey rated it really liked it
Each page allows children to guess who the tail belongs to. A great way to keep kids guessing and learn about animals and what they use their tail for. Great for kids 2-4.
Meg McGregor
May 08, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it

I have to admit this book taught me a thing or two I didn't know. Great book for children.
Samantha
Nov 30, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
A guessing book in which readers are shown the close up view of an animal’s tail and the animal is introduced on the next page in a two page spread. When the animal is unveiled an explanation is included for how each animal uses their tail. Great read aloud with watercolor illustrations.
Sharon Lawler
Mar 03, 2013 Sharon Lawler rated it really liked it
Using the Same format as her 2011 "Who Has tThese Feet", Laura Hulbert offers another installment based on tails. No list of sources, but the simplicity and predictability of the format will appeal to the older toddler and preschool child.
Lara
Feb 21, 2013 Lara rated it really liked it
Very neat book--on the front of each page there's a different animal tail, and on the back, information about that animal. It's a simple concept with pretty illustrations, and is a fun, quiet, guessing game of a book that kids should really enjoy.
Jen
Aug 29, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
My youngest son who is 5 LOVED this book! Cute non-fiction book where readers get a picture of an animals tail and then they have to guess who the tail belongs to. Reminded me of another title which is similar, Whose Egg?
Roben
Mar 22, 2013 Roben rated it liked it
Cute – difficult to discern some of the tails so it is challenging - at least the first time through. Has rattlesnakes and scorpions and sharks along with horses and gerbils and peacocks. Lots of diversity!
Annie
Jan 02, 2014 Annie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: K-2
Cute.
Maggie
Jan 04, 2016 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Interactive nonfiction! My first graders loved it for story time. We used it for making inferences during nonfiction reading.
Kendra
Nov 01, 2012 Kendra rated it really liked it
Cute! Love the guessing books and this one is especially great since it includes some less common animals.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
nonfiction picture book lite - for younger children - liked this one more than I expected.
Valerie
Mar 21, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it
One page has a close up of a tail and then the next shows the whole animal. Repetitive but fun.
Edward Sullivan
Aug 14, 2014 Edward Sullivan rated it really liked it
Simple, engaging nonfiction for younger readers. Excellent choice for reading aloud.
Trish
Oct 17, 2013 Trish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: je, 2013
This is a cute book for little kids. You have to guess who has this tale.
Linda Atkinson
Oct 17, 2012 Linda Atkinson rated it really liked it
See the tail, guess the tail, learn how the tail is used. Love it!
Lindsey
Apr 30, 2013 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: preschool
Great book for audience participation during preschool storytime
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Storytime Elizabeth
Storytime Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Raine Rosales
Raine Rosales marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Adrianna Ibrahim
Adrianna Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
In kindergarten, I sat at a table working on my 5's with a chubby pencil on cardboard. I had trouble getting the pencil to go out for the pot belly of the 5, so the shapes I kept forming looked more like J's. In my determination to get the 5 figured out, I worked over the entire piece of cardboard. Finally, when I was just about to run out of space, I made a shape that actually looked like a 5. In ...more
More about Laura Hulbert...