Who Has This Tail?

Who Has This Tail?

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Short and fuzzy, long and scaled: no matter their size and shape, tails aren't just hanging around—they’re useful! This fun, informative book invites readers to guess the owner of nine tails, and then turn the page to see the animal and its tail in action.
Published October 16th 2012 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Who Has This Tail?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Has This Tail?

Laurie
Nan
On each page is the title question in large print with a close-up of a tail. Next is a two page spread showing the animal in its natural habitat with an explanation of which animal it is and what it uses its tail for. My PreK and Kinder students love books like this. As a read aloud it will generate lots of conversation about other animal tails and their uses. At the end is a double gate-fold in a checkerboard pattern. This could be used for a matching game after the story. Not a have to have bo...more
Jun 25, 2014 Sarah added it
Stories & Songs: Zoo
Angie
Good guessing book for kids but a little on the dull side.
Casey
Each page allows children to guess who the tail belongs to. A great way to keep kids guessing and learn about animals and what they use their tail for. Great for kids 2-4.
Meg McGregor

I have to admit this book taught me a thing or two I didn't know. Great book for children.
Samantha
A guessing book in which readers are shown the close up view of an animal’s tail and the animal is introduced on the next page in a two page spread. When the animal is unveiled an explanation is included for how each animal uses their tail. Great read aloud with watercolor illustrations.
Sharon Lawler
Using the Same format as her 2011 "Who Has tThese Feet", Laura Hulbert offers another installment based on tails. No list of sources, but the simplicity and predictability of the format will appeal to the older toddler and preschool child.
Lara
Very neat book--on the front of each page there's a different animal tail, and on the back, information about that animal. It's a simple concept with pretty illustrations, and is a fun, quiet, guessing game of a book that kids should really enjoy.
Jen
My youngest son who is 5 LOVED this book! Cute non-fiction book where readers get a picture of an animals tail and then they have to guess who the tail belongs to. Reminded me of another title which is similar, Whose Egg?
Roben
Cute – difficult to discern some of the tails so it is challenging - at least the first time through. Has rattlesnakes and scorpions and sharks along with horses and gerbils and peacocks. Lots of diversity!
Annie
Jan 02, 2014 Annie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: K-2
Cute.
Kendra
Cute! Love the guessing books and this one is especially great since it includes some less common animals.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
nonfiction picture book lite - for younger children - liked this one more than I expected.
Valerie
One page has a close up of a tail and then the next shows the whole animal. Repetitive but fun.
Edward Sullivan
Simple, engaging nonfiction for younger readers. Excellent choice for reading aloud.
Trish
Oct 17, 2013 Trish rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: je, 2013
This is a cute book for little kids. You have to guess who has this tale.
Linda Atkinson
See the tail, guess the tail, learn how the tail is used. Love it!
Lindsey
Great book for audience participation during preschool storytime
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
In kindergarten, I sat at a table working on my 5's with a chubby pencil on cardboard. I had trouble getting the pencil to go out for the pot belly of the 5, so the shapes I kept forming looked more like J's. In my determination to get the 5 figured out, I worked over the entire piece of cardboard. Finally, when I was just about to run out of space, I made a shape that actually looked like a 5. In...more
More about Laura Hulbert...
Who Has These Feet?