Start by marking “Circle of Lies” as Want to Read:
Circle of Lies

Circle of Lies

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Circle of Lies is a hot new thriller by Douglas Alan featuring John Delaney, an ex–NYPD detective turned lawyer, and his lovely wife, Katherine Adams, a tough but sexy Atlanta lawyer who gives as good as she gets.

Delaney is asked to defend Ted Jordan, a childhood friend who has been arrested for the torture and murder of his law partner. Jordan adamantly maintains his inno
Published September 25th 2012 by Forge Books (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circle of Lies

Zuzu
This book started out just fine, but my eyes were soon tired from all the rolling they were doing at implausible plot twists, implausible character behavior, and just plain silliness. While there was some occasional humor I enjoyed, I barely finished this book. That's why it's a 2-star instead of a 1-star. I stayed the course.
ItBetterBeGood
Jan 01, 2011 ItBetterBeGood rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: murder mystery buffs, movie producers!
Recommended to ItBetterBeGood by: friends
I usually don't take time to do this, but this book is definitely worth it -- a five star read if you are getting bored with the usual suspects...

I know about this author through word of mouth -- I don't understand why the publisher isn't doing more to get this guy out there -- he's great and it was hard to find this sold out book in the stores where I usually shop. It was back ordered on Amazon but in stock now. I'm giving it to friends as belated Christmas presents, its that good!

If you are li
Stuart Appleton
This is my first experience with Douglas Alan. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It was well-written, witty and a quick read. The author keeps you guessing until nearly the end. Though some of the action sequences required a superhuman effort of the hero, they were stirring and definitely fun to read.

I feel John Delaney is a great protagonist and I'm hoping he'll be back for more. Lines like the following made me laugh: "The following day I filed a motion to withdraw as Ted Jordan's attorney with t
Pylgrym
Excellent thriller. Well-drawn likable characters. The background story made it seem like part of a series but I could find no previous book. That was a little disconcerting because there was a whole other novel that must have landed in the reject pile and was not edited out. The plot was intricate but not absurd and the ending was not signaled ahead although I suspected a character that the protaganist trusted but I figured out "Sixth Sense" in the first five minutes and "Crying Game" from the ...more
Guna
Lawyer Ted Jordan has been accused of the grisly torture/murder/arson of a fellow partner in his firm. He appeals to a childhood friend who is now a professor at a law school. Although things look very bad for Ted, his friend John still believes Ted is innocent. There are many twists to this story, and it keeps you riveted from beginning to end.
Linda
The characters seemed forced and unbelievable, the plot confused and simplistic at the same time. Easy to read but I didn't get much enjoyment out of it.
Lil
good story, good characters.

However, a better editor for punctuation and grammar would be appreciated for his next book.
Kfa
Can't wait for Douglas Alan to write more books! Loved his main character, John Delaney. Page turner that kept you guessing.
Carol Bailey
This one had lots of intrigue and twists and turns. Kept you on your feet during the entire book. Recomment it highly
Patti
This is one of those murder mystery/lawyer stories that I need to read every once in a while ...
Jim
Good action story.
Barbie
Barbie added it
Jul 02, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Janet Rutledge
Janet Rutledge marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Tiara Dexter
Tiara Dexter marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
New Name on Thriller scene 1 4 Jan 17, 2011 02:31PM
Pen name of Mitchell Gross who also writes under the name Mitchell Graham. He has been accused by Federal prosecutors of wire fraud and money laundering charges totaling millions of dollars.
More about Douglas Alan...
The End, And Then? Further Indications