Start by marking “Circle of Lies” as Want to Read:
Circle of Lies

Circle of Lies

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Circle of Lies is a hot new thriller by Douglas Alan featuring John Delaney, an ex–NYPD detective turned lawyer, and his lovely wife, Katherine Adams, a tough but sexy Atlanta lawyer who gives as good as she gets.

Delaney is asked to defend Ted Jordan, a childhood friend who has been arrested for the torture and murder of his law partner. Jordan adamantly maintains his inno
Published September 25th 2012 by Forge Books (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circle of Lies

Zuzu
Apr 23, 2011 Zuzu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book started out just fine, but my eyes were soon tired from all the rolling they were doing at implausible plot twists, implausible character behavior, and just plain silliness. While there was some occasional humor I enjoyed, I barely finished this book. That's why it's a 2-star instead of a 1-star. I stayed the course.
ItBetterBeGood
Jan 01, 2011 ItBetterBeGood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: murder mystery buffs, movie producers!
Recommended to ItBetterBeGood by: friends
I usually don't take time to do this, but this book is definitely worth it -- a five star read if you are getting bored with the usual suspects...

I know about this author through word of mouth -- I don't understand why the publisher isn't doing more to get this guy out there -- he's great and it was hard to find this sold out book in the stores where I usually shop. It was back ordered on Amazon but in stock now. I'm giving it to friends as belated Christmas presents, its that good!

If you are li
Stuart Appleton
Jan 04, 2011 Stuart Appleton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first experience with Douglas Alan. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It was well-written, witty and a quick read. The author keeps you guessing until nearly the end. Though some of the action sequences required a superhuman effort of the hero, they were stirring and definitely fun to read.

I feel John Delaney is a great protagonist and I'm hoping he'll be back for more. Lines like the following made me laugh: "The following day I filed a motion to withdraw as Ted Jordan's attorney with t
Pylgrym
Apr 24, 2011 Pylgrym rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent thriller. Well-drawn likable characters. The background story made it seem like part of a series but I could find no previous book. That was a little disconcerting because there was a whole other novel that must have landed in the reject pile and was not edited out. The plot was intricate but not absurd and the ending was not signaled ahead although I suspected a character that the protaganist trusted but I figured out "Sixth Sense" in the first five minutes and "Crying Game" from the ...more
Jerri Lackey
Apr 17, 2015 Jerri Lackey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read! Had a hard time putting it down. Captured and keep my interest all the way through. Hope he writes more this good.
Sue Herr
I enjoyed the book, it did take a while to get interested but overall, I liked it.
Guna
Mar 02, 2012 Guna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Lawyer Ted Jordan has been accused of the grisly torture/murder/arson of a fellow partner in his firm. He appeals to a childhood friend who is now a professor at a law school. Although things look very bad for Ted, his friend John still believes Ted is innocent. There are many twists to this story, and it keeps you riveted from beginning to end.
Linda
Jun 08, 2012 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The characters seemed forced and unbelievable, the plot confused and simplistic at the same time. Easy to read but I didn't get much enjoyment out of it.
Lil
Feb 11, 2011 Lil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
good story, good characters.

However, a better editor for punctuation and grammar would be appreciated for his next book.
Kfa
Jun 15, 2013 Kfa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait for Douglas Alan to write more books! Loved his main character, John Delaney. Page turner that kept you guessing.
Carol Bailey
This one had lots of intrigue and twists and turns. Kept you on your feet during the entire book. Recomment it highly
Patti Barber
Mar 26, 2012 Patti Barber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This is one of those murder mystery/lawyer stories that I need to read every once in a while ...
Jim
Nov 29, 2012 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good action story.
Denise
Denise added it
Aug 19, 2016
Jeanette Cranford
Jeanette Cranford marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Wayne Fitzpatrick
Wayne Fitzpatrick rated it did not like it
Apr 03, 2016
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Stacey
Stacey added it
Sep 06, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Alice
Alice added it
Apr 26, 2015
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
New Name on Thriller scene 1 4 Jan 17, 2011 02:31PM
Pen name of Mitchell Gross who also writes under the name Mitchell Graham. He has been accused by Federal prosecutors of wire fraud and money laundering charges totaling millions of dollars.
More about Douglas Alan...