Start by marking “Snowboy 1, 2, 3” as Want to Read:
Snowboy 1, 2, 3

Snowboy 1, 2, 3

3.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
One snowboy all alone . . .
. . . but he’s not alone for long! Join this cheerful snowman for a wintertime counting romp, complete with a whole host of animal friends.

Playful rhythms and exuberant illustrations come together to celebrate the wonder of winter.
Published October 16th 2012 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Snowboy 1, 2, 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowboy 1, 2, 3

Sylvester
Dec 17, 2012 Sylvester rated it liked it
5* art
3* concept

Lively illustrations and colours.
Meg McGregor
Jan 15, 2015 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Lexi loves snowmen and this little snowboy is no exception.

He is alone for a short while until all sorts of friends and reminders of winter come to join him.

He counts three ancient apple trees, four apples in the air, five rocks across the river, etc. all the way from one to ten!

What I really like about this book is that he also counts from ten to one.

A great book to help your little ones enjoy all the fun things about the winter season!
April
Sep 14, 2013 April rated it did not like it
My son was interested in the fact this book counts up to 10 and then back down again, but I wasn't wild about the book. The illustrations are bright and colorful, but the book seems to change themes... The snow people come to life and the spiders spin thread to hang Christmas baubles but then there are pages of ravens? And a fox chasing rabbits that appear rather terrified? I like one illustration talking about their shadows lengthening, but I feel like overall the book doesn't feel cohesive.

How
Valerie
Dec 06, 2012 Valerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb
My Early Childhood kiddos loved this book. Actually, when I asked them if they liked it, they leaned close and said, so there would be no mistaking, "We LOVED it." I was told that they particularly loved the sparkles on the front, the pictures, and the glove.

Sitting in a close circle, we read and counted and examined. They were anxious to find the glove the raven stole, and delighted in finding it, both the tiny rendering and the bigger ones in the crisp detailed pictures. The paper ornaments w
Hanna Anderson
Sep 17, 2015 Hanna Anderson rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the fact that it counted to nine and back down again But the theme of the book is kind of confusing. It is about winter. But there are so many things that are not the best. I would not have wrote about Ravens or rocks. I would have found something more interesting to children that went really well with the theme! This is a great counting book though, especially the fact that it counts up and down again!
Rachel Wiehl
Feb 23, 2016 Rachel Wiehl rated it liked it
I thought this was just going to be a normal counting book but then when it got to the number 10, it went backwards! I thought that was really cool because this was the first book I've seen that goes forward and backward. The illustrations in this book were awesome and it kind of had a story behind it which I thought was really cool.
Ronica
Sep 22, 2015 Ronica rated it really liked it
Loved the illustration in this book very bright and colorful. Its also a good read to interaction and learning how to count forward and backwards I really enjoyed this book because my favorite season is winter these types of books bring out the kid in me. I would read this to my class thats for sure it would catch their attention.
Paula
Dec 13, 2013 Paula rated it did not like it
Where do I begin? This is a counting book with a snow theme. One snowboy cavorts between various random characters and objects (fox, rabbits, bears, crows, snow people, paper lanterns, to name a few) involved in arbitrary activities. Some of the pages (carrots that inexplicably appear as candles on what seems to be a birthday cake) are nonsensical. To add to the confusion, on the page that displays “8 mittens in a row,” four of the “mittens” are gloves. The pages count from 1 to 10 and back down ...more
Jacob Patterson
Feb 23, 2016 Jacob Patterson rated it liked it
A good book to help children learn their numbers. The cover has sparkles all over it to draw the attention of potential readers and the illustrations are bright and colorful. Shows the numbers in sequence but them shows them in reverse order which could be confusing to some children.
Erin
This book counts up from 1 to 10 and then back down to 1, starting and finishing with 1 snowboy. It's full of wintery type things and animals. The illustrations are colorful and bright.

Good for toddler or preschool storytimes.
Sydney Foster
Feb 19, 2015 Sydney Foster rated it really liked it
I really like this book because with it being a counting book, it counts up and it counts down. I love the bright illustrations that it has. I also really like the simplicity of the words and layout.
Aaron Wong
Dec 22, 2015 Aaron Wong rated it really liked it
Shelves: sarah
Wahman, J. (2012). Snowboy 1, 2, 3. New York: Henry Holt and Company.

Lovely illustrations. And all in #Photoshop too!
Marissa García
Feb 25, 2014 Marissa García rated it it was ok
It performed just okay during storytime, and I waver between liking the illustrations and not liking them.
Melissa
The illustration style and color palette are not my favorite, but I do like how much the illustrations bring to the book...lots of well-planned details that link one page to the next and add depth to the text (the journey that the mitten takes, the fox's antics). So many, though, that despite the bright pictures and short lines I don't think this is a book for storytime; probably better one on one where you can take your time.

Also, there are so many terribly written verse books out there that I
Oona
Jan 23, 2016 Oona rated it really liked it
cute number book.
Janet
Oct 21, 2012 Janet rated it liked it
A delightful snowboy with out stretched arms invites you in to his world of snow fun and animal creatures as well as being pursued by a cunning fox. This concept book counts to ten and back again. I especially enjoyed the imaginative illustrations, the one with a snow cake with carrots for candles and snowflakes for the glowing of the lighted candles.
Paula
Illustrations and simple rhymes celebrate the wonders of winter, from one snowboy, to ten party favors, and back to the solitary snowboy again.
Sharon Lawler
Jan 07, 2013 Sharon Lawler rated it really liked it
Winter themed book that counts to 10 and then counts back. Winter animals are the stars of the illustrations and the storyline.
Lupine
A lovely counting book, perfect for winter and snow story time. And, of course, the illustrations are perfectly delightful!
Jen
Dec 11, 2012 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: pb
Sparkly front cover, counts up to ten and back down to one. Very bright pictures with humorous busy illustrations.
Linda Atkinson
Oct 17, 2012 Linda Atkinson rated it really liked it
Bright, bold illustrations. Toddler or storytime themes: snow, snowman, counting
Polly
Nov 02, 2012 Polly rated it really liked it
Count up to ten and back down to one with this charmingly illustrated book!
Edward Sullivan
Nov 28, 2012 Edward Sullivan rated it liked it
Shelves: counting-books
Playful counting book for a winter day.
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Keir Bridges
Keir Bridges rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2015