Start by marking “Zatmenie (V zajatí snov, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zatmenie (V zajatí snov, #2)

Zatmenie (Dream Catcher #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  42,241 Ratings  ·  2,220 Reviews
SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.
For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.
Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even
Published March 2012 by Fragment (first published February 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Zatmenie, please sign up.

Aleiah Schinkey Yes, I personally liked the first better than the second and Third.

Emily May
Jun 28, 2011 Emily May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, young-adult, fantasy, 2011
How sad and moving is this book? I loved it so much more than its predecessor and the worst thing about is that I am refusing to read the conclusion to the trilogy: Gone. I feel that the stage I am at seems to need some kind of conclusion and I desperately want to read more but, on the other hand, I refuse to ruin a story that has so far held me captivated by its depth of emotion and well-built mysteries with an ending that is mediocre.

And I have read enough reviews by trusted goodreads friends
Kristi
I love this series. I have been waiting to read Fade since I sped through the last few pages of Wake, and I was not disappointed. Everything that I attracted me to the first novel is still there, simplicity of McMann’s writing, quick pace and realistic dialogue.

Fade divulges more about Janie’s ability which was fascinating and unimaginable at the same time. The unique relationship between Janie and Cabel is also taken to a new level.

I usually don’t comment on the content within a novel, but I
Tatiana
Feb 15, 2010 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second reading of "Fade" confirmed that this second book is the best in the series. Not only does it develop marvelously the relationship between Janie and Cabel (which was a central theme of "Wake"), but it also brings in an excellent mystery story line. The case Cabe and Janie work on in this book is dark and disturbing and the final party scene is remarkable in its intensity and realness.

Now, having read "Gone," the final book in the trilogy, I strongly recommend to stop reading the series a
Temi Panayotova
Jan 30, 2016 Temi Panayotova rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Като цяло започнаха да се случват по-интересни неща в поредицата. Джейни все още няма контрол върху силите си и научава лошите странични ефекти от дарбата си. Да видим, какво ще стане в последната част :)
Michael
Apr 07, 2009 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
"Fade" continues the story begun in "Wake" and if you try reading this one first, you're likely to be a little confused.

In "Wake," we met Janie, a girl with the ability to be a dream-catcher. This means she can enter other people's dreams. "Wake" was about Janie coming to terms with her new power. "Fade" is concerned with Janie learning the responsible use of her power and the consequences of being a dream-catcher. It sets up things for a third and final installment of the series that, quite fra
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

As one case closes another one opens. Janie Hannagan returns, this time using her abilities of being swept into a person's dreams to solve a sex scandal at her school.

Several calls have been made on Fieldridge High School's anonymous phone line. Although inaudible at times, the messages result in the assumption that certain faculty members and students at Fieldridge have been fooling around. So Captain and her agents use their
Morgan F
Okay, so I liked this one a tad more than I liked Wake. But only because it actually had some semblance of a plot and the writing was a bit tighter.

If only the plot wasn’t so fucking ridiculous and outlandish. I get that this is a paranormal book, so some disbelief is required, but it is just so far removed from reality.

(view spoiler)
Chichipio
Apr 04, 2011 Chichipio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm reviewing this one after reading the whole trilogy. There won't be any spoilers but that fact shapes the way I see this book, making me like it more.

This trilogy is short, very short. I'm sure that the word count of the three books added together barely exceeds that of most average length novels. So it's easier for me to think of this trilogy as just one book with three parts. Fade reads like all second parts do in this kind of books—you already have the events and players set up in part one
Leah
Feb 26, 2015 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caris
May 28, 2011 Caris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, young-adult
So how's this for awesome?

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be doing a reading alongside Lisa McMann. Are you excited? I'm excited.

I'm so stoked, 'cause she's amazing.

Take this book, for example. A girl with an uncanny ability to get inside of people's dreams is hired by the local police department to bust a sexual predator in her high school?

Read it, and, if you live in Arizona, come to Evermore Nevermore on June 10 to hear her read. And stay to listen to me talk about eggs and shit for a whi
Vania
Mar 30, 2009 Vania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-shelf
Lisa McMann blew me away with this second book. I was uncontrollably gripping the book till the last word. Janie's story unravels--literally. She gets into some compromising situations and I was left breathless, panting after--anticipating the outcomes.

I was wonderfully absorbed into Cabel's emotional state. His flaws--his insecurities, history and his want for safety sets him apart and makes him so wonderfully real and lovable. His battle with Janie's actions, her desires and her hopes and drea
William
This sequel to McMann's young adult novel "Wake" improves on the former with more focused prose and more attention given to the budding romance between "dream catcher" Janie and her narc-in-hiding boyfriend, Cabel. If there's a third wheel to this relationship, it's the couple's employer, Police Captain Fran Komisky, who serves on occasion as surrogate parental figure and relationship counselor, providing all the well intentioned tough-love you can stand.

The plot itself is fairly uncomplicated b
Rhiannon Frater
Mar 20, 2012 Rhiannon Frater rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of my criticisms of the book Wake, remain for its sequel. You can read my Wake review here. This is more of a 3.5 than a 4 star.

Beware Spoilers!

The Writing Style

Again, the narrative is in a choppy, odd,staccatoprose that the reader will either enjoy or despise. I personally think it works for this series of books, but there were a few times I arched an eyebrow. Odd random facts are delivered, such as what brand someone is wearing, for no obvious reason. Since the writing-style doesn't le
Greta is Erikasbuddy
The Good:
*I loved the little unfinished sentences. That really made the book for me.

*Cable is just a doll and if it were up to me he'd be played by Reid Ewing http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2938641/

*I liked the storyline of this book

*The green notebook explained everything I wanted to know

*And I'm actually pretty curious about the next book

The Bad:
There was lip gloss
*There were geek glasses

*Too much cussing

*Belly condom wrappers

*I had trouble paying attention at parts

*It was like Nancy Drew but with
Karin
Oct 22, 2008 Karin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You should read WAKE before you pick up FADE. You’ll understand the story much better.

My review may be a little vague, but I don’t want to give away any SPOILERS for WAKE.

Janie still has a difficult life. Her mother still drinks and hides in her bedroom to the extent that she doesn’t have any interest in what Janie does. Janie is the adult in house - making sure there are groceries in the house and taking care of the other day to day household chores.

The one bright spot in her life is Cabel. She
Selin Kamaş
Aug 19, 2011 Selin Kamaş rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Tam kıvamında bir kitaptı, yine değişik bir kurgu normal yaşantının zorluklarıyla harmanlanmış, bu da kitabı değerli yapan :))) Özellikle ilk kitaba göre rüya yakalayıcılığıyla ilgili daha fazla şey öğreniyoruz ve ne yalan söyleyeyim Janie'nin bundan sonra ne yapacağını çok merak ediyorum. Yazık kıza :/ Neyse umarım 3.kitabı çabuk okuruz :))
Sarah BT
I read Wake about a month ago and finished Fade not long after, but I've been waiting to post my review. Unlike every other book blogger, I didn't love these books and I wanted to make sure I could express why.
Wake has an interesting premise, but it seems like all the dreams Janie falls into are sex dreams or nightmares that are memories. I thought this was an easy way out. It seemed too easy how the dreams were related to real life-where was the dream interpretation? The hiding spot for a drug
Metaspinster
This was my review of Wake (to which Fade is a sequel):

"In some ways, this book reads like it was written by a very, very smart teenager on the older/more mature side, i.e. 17-18, has been in love, and experienced other kinds of deep vulnerability as well--basically like the book's heroine, perhaps in a few years or in a self-reflexive place.

It also reads like good fanfic, in the following ways:

a) written in close third-person present tense, which aligns quite well with the plot/story world's fo
Linda
Jul 23, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I may or may not have finished the last 100 pages of this book with a torch light in the middle of the night. That’s a big enough of a clue to tell you how much I enjoyed this book.

It blows my mind how Lisa McMann managed to write two amazing books for the same series, while I’m sitting here, staring at both the books figuring out which I liked better.
Rita
Mar 12, 2016 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GOSTEI TANTO DESTE LIVRO! Não sei se o próximo irá conseguir arrancar-me uma pontuação tão alta mas veremos... Gostei muito, teve tudo aquilo que estava à espera. E por mim a série podia acabar por aqui... porém ainda há muita coisa a descobrir sobre a mãe da Janie e o seu pai, sei lá é disso que estou à procura nos livros que ainda não encontrei...
Selin
Aug 21, 2011 Selin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kitabı sevdim ilkide güzeldi zaten.değişikti,farklıydı,tuhaftı. Diğerlerinden ayransa uslubuydu, öyle tuvalete gittim bilmemne,yok "defterimi çıkarttm yanına kalemimide koydum ardndanda silgimi yanına koydum sonra kalem yuvarlandı düştü" yada "ah lanet olsun telfonumun şarjı bitti" gibisinden gereksiz ayrntlardan arndrlmış gayet sade ve öz dizi veya film izler gibi okuna bilen polisiye ve gizem yönü ağır insanı rahatsız eden vıcıksı bir aşk olmayan kısacık bir kitaptı,ancak yazarn gelişmesi gere ...more
Taissa
May 24, 2015 Taissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book but I feel like Janie and Cabel's relationship takes away from the actual story.
Kat Kennedy
May 02, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly loved this book.

In Fade we see the action and suspense pick up a little more as Cabel and Jennie track down a sexual predator.

The relationship between these two misfits is one of the sweetest I've ever read.

I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to read Gone considering how many are so completely unsatisfied with it, but as it is, Wake and Fade are brilliant.
➵Nerd♡
Bitter sweet ending, slightly better than the first in the sense there was more excitement

All the date rape drug and teacher stuff was sad and distressing for me the scenes were you realized she's getting high but doesn't know we're intense
Tessa
I'm giving this 2 stars because it was less boring than the first, but still a weak book :( .

Her dream catcher ability had nothing on this case. The only time she uses it is when Stubin tells her what she needs to do. That means she's not even using her powers, is just helped by her connection with the ghost. Her ability had no impact on the story.

She's using the usual YA drama. Couple gets together, misunderstanding, breaking up/almost breaking up, misunderstanding clear, smooch... Caleb was a
Sabrina
Feb 27, 2010 Sabrina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Layla Bing
Lisa McMann's Fade picks up right where Wake left off. Janie and Cabel are now both working for the Captain as undercover narcs at their high school. This time though, the case involves a secret sex ring that the Captain wants to uncover by using Janie as bait. This naturally upsets her boyfriend Cabel, precipitating an ongoing tension between them that lasts for the rest of the book, uncovering a number of other insecurities along the way. Cabel and Janie's relationship development remains rive ...more
Petra Sýkorová
První díl světově oblíbené série jsem si náramně užila. Kniha mě dostala svou syrovostí, emočností a hlavně naprosto ojedinělým stylem vyprávění. Přece jenom se mi do rukou dříve nedostala kniha, která by prostřednictvím krátkých úderných "zápisů" popisovala, co se vlastně událo.

Po všech knihách, kde hrdinky získají nějakou superschopnost, anebo jsou náramně superdůležité, načež jsou nuceny si vybírat ze dvou (někdy i více) nápadníků, je tahle série příjemnou vzpruhou.

Děj druhého dílu se odehr
Kim Smiley
Jul 27, 2016 Kim Smiley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
* Originally read May 15, 2011, I own this book and was waiting for requests to come in at the library. My review with remain untouched. Still a good book, the second in a series of 3.

This was a good book, and a good followup from "Wake." Janie and Cabel are still in their senior year of high school and they can't let anyone know they're a couple since the drug bust is still court pending.

Now the Capt. has a new assignment for them. Someone called in anonymously to the student hotline and a sex
Brandi Salazar
Jul 07, 2011 Brandi Salazar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, this was a quick read, taking me only a few short hours to finish, and yet another of McMann's reads that I couldn't put down. So far, three for three.

The basis of the story is, of course, the same considering it's the sequel to Wake. In this second edition Janie is still learning how to handle her dreams, how to control them, pull out of them, etc. But she is noticing some nasty side-effects that she'd rather not face.

Now working for the local police department, helping solve case
YA Buddy Readers'...: Dream Catcher Series by Lisa McMann - Reading 'Fade' from June 5th 2016 74 111 May 17, 2016 11:58AM
Is this story supposed to be about a couple? 1 3 Feb 27, 2015 10:59AM
Cabel was a jerk 8 77 Feb 16, 2014 06:21PM
Young Adult Book ...: Fade 9 48 Feb 23, 2012 04:42AM
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • Kiss of Life (Generation Dead, #2)
  • No Time to Die & The Deep End of Fear (Dark Secrets, #3-4)
  • Soulstice (The Devouring, #2)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Undead Much (Megan Berry, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
  • Dead Is a State of Mind (Dead Is, #2)
  • Jekel Loves Hyde
  • Sea Change
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2)
  • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
  • The Evil Within (Possessions, #2)
  • The Everafter
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Haunted (The Mediator, #5)
Lisa McMann lives and writes in the Phoenix area. Her books include the NYT bestselling THE UNWANTEDS series (Book 5, Unwanteds: ISLAND OF SHIPWRECKS, comes out Feb 3, 2015) and the YA paranormal WAKE trilogy. Other books include the VISIONS trilogy, CRYER'S CROSS, DEAD TO YOU, and Infinity Ring: The Trap Door.

You can find more info at Lisa'a website, lisamcmann.com, interact with her on Facebook
More about Lisa McMann...

Dream Catcher (3 books)
  • Wake (Dream Catcher, #1)
  • Gone (Dream Catcher, #3)

11 trivia questions
1 quiz
More quizzes & trivia...
“There's something about a guy who admits he's a jerk that makes him forgiveable.” 98 likes
“Janies lips part in surprise. She takes it. Feels really strange about opening it in front of him. She wets her lips and examines the box and the ribbon that surounds it. "Thank you." She says softly. "Um..." He clears his throat, "The gift, see is actually inside the box. The box is like an extra bonus gift.It's how we do things here on planet Earth.” 74 likes