Start by marking “The Mighty Thor: The Neverending Nightmare” as Want to Read:
The Mighty Thor: The Neverending Nightmare

The Mighty Thor: The Neverending Nightmare (The Mighty Thor Vol. 3: 12.1-17)

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  11 reviews
His father in exile! His mother on the throne! Thor's world is upside down - and what the heck is Donald Blake doing here, too?! As Thor readjusts to life on Earth, all Broxton - and all Asgardia - begins having the same nightmare. What really happens in your room at night after you fall asleep? How can Thor fight a foe that's not there? As the Enchantress completes her la ...more
Published October 10th 2012 by Marvel (first published September 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mighty Thor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mighty Thor

Joseph Szabo
There comes a time when an artist has to simply cease trying to impress the audience and say with finality, "I'm doing this for me, no one else. Screw it! I'm having a good time!"

Finally, finally, finally, Matt Fraction either took that advice or discovered it through personal reflection and started to do the work with The Mighty Thor solely for himself.

I was not even remotely impressed by his previous handling of this character and now I am - About Freakin' Time - with Volume 3.

There is a lev
Jaime
I was eager to read Fraction's Thor series after his highly entertaining Thor: The World Eaters. Volume 1 was a solid start and volume 2 built on that potential. And this is a strong conclusion to the series.

Volume 3 opens with a brief story of Volstagg and Sif retelling a couple of Thor's youthful adventures, with the key point being how Loki manipulated the hero, despite the positive outcomes. Both are certain the reincarnated child Loki will grow to be the same man he was before. This was an
Edward Kaye
A rather average story arc; definitely not Fraction's best writing. The metal head kid that starred in the main story was an embarrassingly bad character—like something a dad would dream up to make fun of his metal loving child.
Chris Lemmerman
Matt Fraction's Thor run suffers from good ideas implemented badly, and none so much as this third volume.

There are some clever concepts, such as the Mares and Don Blake's existential crisis that would make great stories if fleshed out better, but instead get resolved much too quickly and progress with some really odd plot points, especially the conclusion.

The artwork from Kitson and Larraz is excellent however, saving this from a 2 star rating. The Asgardians are attractive, the Mares are scary
Mike Fox
Art is good. Plot is a neat idea, but I think it could have been executed better. 2.5 / 5 stars.
Frans Karlsson
The Mares is freed and Thor has to fight a race who communicates though dreams.
Lenka
While this is slightly better than Tanarus arc I feel that Fraction simply has no idea how to handle Thor series. Where I liked Galactus Seed and thought World Eaters are ok the Thor just stopped making sense after the finale of Fear itself.
This arc just like the last one is hectic, proper dialog is either non-existent or crazy and makes almost no sense and overall Fraction somehow completely kills any continuity Thor ever had without even explaining how or why.
Shannon Appelcline
Though I was the rare reader who liked most of Fraction's run, I was let down by this final standalone volume. Battling dreams creating by dream creatures is almost never interesting because of the innate pointlessness of it. Then, there's the Blake plot. It started off interesting, and in the end it destroyed everything that had come before.

So part of this volume was dull and part left a bad taste in my mouth.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Alex Sarll
A crossover with, of all things, the Mountain Goats song 'The Best Ever Death Metal Band In Denton' (albeit relocated here to Broxton). Not as good as sister book Journey into Mystery's introduction of a robot Tony Wilson as a supporting character.
Ozli
AMORAAAA. BE MINE.
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Pam van Hylckama Vlieg
Pam van Hylckama Vlieg is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
'kris Pung
'kris Pung marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Jaclyn
Jaclyn added it
Jan 28, 2015
Szava
Szava marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
  • Black Widow: The Name of the Rose
  • Marvel's The Avengers Prelude: Fury's Big Week
  • Winter Soldier: The Bitter March
  • Avengers: Endless Wartime
"How he got started in comics: In 1983, when Fraction was 7 years old and growing up in Kansas City, Mo., he became fascinated by the U.S. invasion of Grenada and created his own newspaper to explain the event. "I've always been story-driven, telling stories with pictures and words," he said.

Education and first job: Fraction never graduated from college. He stopped half a semester short of an art
More about Matt Fraction...

The Mighty Thor (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • The Mighty Thor: The Galactus Seed
  • The Mighty Thor #6
  • The Mighty Thor: The Mighty Tanarus
  • The Mighty Thor #7
  • The Mighty Thor #8
Hawkeye, Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Weird Trick Hawkeye, Vol. 2: Little Hits Sex Criminals #1: Suzie Down in the Quiet The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 1: The Five Nightmares