Start by marking “The Mighty Thor: The Neverending Nightmare” as Want to Read:
The Mighty Thor: The Neverending Nightmare

The Mighty Thor: The Neverending Nightmare (The Mighty Thor #3)

3.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  178 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
His father in exile! His mother on the throne! Thor's world is upside down - and what the heck is Donald Blake doing here, too?! As Thor readjusts to life on Earth, all Broxton - and all Asgardia - begins having the same nightmare. What really happens in your room at night after you fall asleep? How can Thor fight a foe that's not there? As the Enchantress completes her la ...more
Published October 10th 2012 by Marvel (first published September 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mighty Thor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mighty Thor

Jeff
Feb 10, 2016 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix

I don’t usually put a gif at the top of my reviews, but I couldn’t resist. Hail Satan!

This volume's smack dab in the middle of Fraction’s post-Fear Itself run, which means Thor was dead (again) and now he’s all better but in the comics “dead” and “all better” are relative terms, so just go with it. Loki’s a kid, but doesn’t figure much in the proceedings.

This one starts off with a prelude involving the swapping of Thor stories between Sif and Volstagg, with the best tale having Thor in drag as a
Eleanor
I picked this up from the library as I am reading Journey into Mystery and at the end it ties in with the Thor title so I thought I'd read some to catch up. Plus I like Matt Fraction.

Well I really enjoyed this book, I read it through in one go. This book as a lot to do with dreams. It has several little story lines which all come together at the end. It was a really good, quick paced read. Looking forward to finishing Journey into Mystery now but a little sad my library doesn't have the other vo
Joseph Szabo
Mar 11, 2015 Joseph Szabo rated it really liked it
There comes a time when an artist has to simply cease trying to impress the audience and say with finality, "I'm doing this for me, no one else. Screw it! I'm having a good time!"

Finally, finally, finally, Matt Fraction either took that advice or discovered it through personal reflection and started to do the work with The Mighty Thor solely for himself.

I was not even remotely impressed by his previous handling of this character and now I am - About Freakin' Time - with Volume 3.

There is a lev
J'aime
May 22, 2014 J'aime rated it it was amazing
I was eager to read Fraction's Thor series after his highly entertaining Thor: The World Eaters. Volume 1 was a solid start and volume 2 built on that potential. And this is a strong conclusion to the series.

Volume 3 opens with a brief story of Volstagg and Sif retelling a couple of Thor's youthful adventures, with the key point being how Loki manipulated the hero, despite the positive outcomes. Both are certain the reincarnated child Loki will grow to be the same man he was before. This was an
Edward Kaye
Jan 22, 2013 Edward Kaye rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A rather average story arc; definitely not Fraction's best writing. The metal head kid that starred in the main story was an embarrassingly bad character—like something a dad would dream up to make fun of his metal loving child.
Aaron
Aug 22, 2015 Aaron rated it liked it
Definitely starting to lose interest in Fraction's Thor stuff. It's all just "fine." Whenever I finish one of these, I'm kind of glad that it's over, even though it's not like I hated it the entire time I was reading it. He's just not doing anything very interesting with the character or the world, and some of the "big ideas" he's been using feel stale, like they were done better in other mythological comics.

In this one, we're introduced to The Mare, a race of creepy-looking, Lovecraftian monste
Chris Lemmerman
Matt Fraction's Thor run suffers from good ideas implemented badly, and none so much as this third volume.

There are some clever concepts, such as the Mares and Don Blake's existential crisis that would make great stories if fleshed out better, but instead get resolved much too quickly and progress with some really odd plot points, especially the conclusion.

The artwork from Kitson and Larraz is excellent however, saving this from a 2 star rating. The Asgardians are attractive, the Mares are scary
R. Michael Fox
Jan 08, 2015 R. Michael Fox rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Art is good. Plot is a neat idea, but I think it could have been executed better. 2.5 / 5 stars.
Safraz
Mar 04, 2016 Safraz rated it did not like it
Please don't ever let Matt Fraction write Thor again.
Frans Karlsson
Mar 19, 2015 Frans Karlsson rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-thor
The Mares is freed and Thor has to fight a race who communicates though dreams.
Lenka
Mar 17, 2013 Lenka rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books
While this is slightly better than Tanarus arc I feel that Fraction simply has no idea how to handle Thor series. Where I liked Galactus Seed and thought World Eaters are ok the Thor just stopped making sense after the finale of Fear itself.
This arc just like the last one is hectic, proper dialog is either non-existent or crazy and makes almost no sense and overall Fraction somehow completely kills any continuity Thor ever had without even explaining how or why.
Shannon Appelcline
Nov 27, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Though I was the rare reader who liked most of Fraction's run, I was let down by this final standalone volume. Battling dreams creating by dream creatures is almost never interesting because of the innate pointlessness of it. Then, there's the Blake plot. It started off interesting, and in the end it destroyed everything that had come before.

So part of this volume was dull and part left a bad taste in my mouth.
Sharon
Mar 29, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Alex Sarll
A crossover with, of all things, the Mountain Goats song 'The Best Ever Death Metal Band In Denton' (albeit relocated here to Broxton). Not as good as sister book Journey into Mystery's introduction of a robot Tony Wilson as a supporting character.
Eric
Aug 07, 2015 Eric rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This was a definite lull in the Matt Fraction story line which dimmed out even more in "Everything Burns," but that had a few more redeemable moments than this did. It was kind of kiddy and weird.
Michael
Aug 19, 2014 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful art, really forgettable story.
Ozli
Feb 12, 2013 Ozli rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-etc
AMORAAAA. BE MINE.
Rick
Rick rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Mina Çelik
Mina Çelik marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Bill Bryant
Bill Bryant marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Kate W
Kate W added it
Jun 01, 2016
Katelyn Grandy
Katelyn Grandy rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
All Graphic
All Graphic marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Marvel Reader
Marvel Reader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Veronica Bailey
Veronica Bailey rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Gregory Smith
Gregory Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
  • Thor/Loki: Blood Brothers
  • Avengers: Fear Itself
  • Marvel's Iron Man 3 The Movie Prelude
  • Avengers Assemble: Science Bros
"How he got started in comics: In 1983, when Fraction was 7 years old and growing up in Kansas City, Mo., he became fascinated by the U.S. invasion of Grenada and created his own newspaper to explain the event. "I've always been story-driven, telling stories with pictures and words," he said.

Education and first job: Fraction never graduated from college. He stopped half a semester short of an art
More about Matt Fraction...

The Mighty Thor (4 books)
  • The Mighty Thor: The Galactus Seed