Gabriel

Gabriel

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Who can stop a master vampire from expanding his territory? Only one woman, born with a rare, invisible power, and hate for his kind deep in her blood. Now she has to face the master who has become a legend. His name is Gabriel.
Published March 12th 2012 by Total Ebound

To ask other readers questions about Gabriel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gabriel

Anne♡loves♡romance
Master Vampire GABRIEL

Daredevil Calista

Gabriel is a dangerous man and he has a secret

Yet she tasted the forbidden fruit

and invited him in

Now they belong together

6 DELICIOUS, EMOTIONAL, EXCITING, SINFUL ★★★★★★

♥Sharon♥
It is not like I have read many PNR’s but I read one review of Gabriel, decided to add it to my TBR then was kindly given a copy of it by the author in return for an honest review.

photo gabriel7_zps3bb3bfaf.jpg

This is what I would call a little Gem in my world of Paranormal Normal. ❤

Even though this book is only just over 60 pages long it had it all. It was captivating. It was sexy. It had me wanting for more. And the chemistry between Calista and Gabriel was HOT!

Calista possess a sacred gift. Her power is one of gelding w...more
Pam
4 spellbinding stars
He was the first one and, deep down, she believed he was the only one.

Calista is one of the chosen to possess a gift so unique her prey is left lacking, caught unexpected and unaware. When darkness falls, she does what she is born to do; and one by one she takes them down until she is found wanted by a Master Vampire, Gabriel.
Gabriel’s ruthlessness and ferocity fascinated her. His raw power and carnality were spellbinding. As tender as he could be, she also understood t
Didi
4 STARS!
Before Him, the prequel to Gabriel, must be read before this.

This was a fantastic pnr! The vampire world here is intriguing and different from the usual fare. Calista has finally met her match in the master vampire, Gabriel. Through a fateful turn of events, she's summoned by him and made to strike a deal benefitting them both. But something about Gabriel is different, not only is he sexy, bigger than life and oddly emotional, he also stirs things in Calista she never thought possible, a...more
Fiza Halliwell
3.5* out of 5*

Meet Calista, a gelder who preys on vampires. She lures them into thinking she's a scared, helpless woman and when the poor suckers (no pun intended) fall for the trick, they find themselves defanged. In a very effective and pleasurable way if I may say so, you see Calista's gelder gift only works when she has sex.

When a recent defanged victim comes with a proposition to trap the master vampire, Gabriel, she accepts. Thinking to trap and use her powers on him gets her all excited...more
RedIza
Written for http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr

Calista is a gelder. "Instictively drawn to vampires, she always does what she is born to do. She gelds. No feelings, no emotions, only deeds." At first, I was a little fearful, what did she geld with, a blunt knife ? But no, she gelds the vampires by having sex with them. This is what she is, she can't escape it. She tried having sex with normal men, then with rougher men, but only vampires do it for her.

The novella/short story made me think of Buff...more
Kari
This is one of those books that I wish would’ve been longer. I could’ve easily and gladly read 200 more pages about Gabriel and Calista. This novella though is only 60+ pages long.

Calista is a “gifted” human, she possesses a special power that can destroy a vampire. To employ this power, she needs to have sex with her vampire victim, which is not a problem for her since she is solely attracted to vampires and not human males. Although Calista is content with her life purpose to annihilate vampir...more
Bridget
This was a reread for me. Full of unexpected twists and as exciting as the first time.
*MariaA*
This was one amazing vampiry short read!!
I usually don't read vampire stuff,since like to watch it more, but this one by Chris Lange is WOW!!
The relationship between Calista & Gabriel reminded me of Buffy & Angel(of Buffy the vampire slayers),
This was my first but definitely not the last read by this author..great narrative style:)
Highly recommend it to all friends!
Justjay Go
This book was given by the author in exchange for an honest review

First Impression

Was this book hot or what?!!!

What do I think?

I so did not expect this book to be this good nor really hot. This is a paranormal/vampire story which I'm not really a great fan of but this book had me captivated from the first page! Calista has a special talent that every vampire should be worried about or every vampire should be happy about. Depends on which vampire you ask. Enter Gabriel, a very old, scary and powe...more
✿kawehi.reviews
★I was offered a review copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!★

3.75 stars!!☆☆☆☆

Surprisingly, this was actually a really good read. I read it in one sitting and found it very intriguing and utterly sensual and romantic. Such a different twist in PNR romance.

Chris Lange really does a great job of creating a FULL, well developed, story for a short novella that's under 100 pages. Normally, I find this lacking in many novellas but Lange manages to pull it off wi...more
April
Wow this way too short and extremely sexy. Master Gabriel is sexy and dominant. I found this to be a very good story and somewhat unique take on vampires. I felt the dialog was a little disjointed at times making it hard to know who said what. Im hoping that this novella will tirn into a series.
Holly Roberts
Let me begin by saying I loved the premise of Ms. Lange’s paranormal erotic world. The heroin, Calista, has a gift and it’s not exactly a vampire’s best friend. I like Calista’s character and her joy in sexual liaisons with the undead even when she plans to destroy them.

Gabriel is wonderful and it’s hard not to like him from the beginning. It doesn't hurt that I have a “thing” for the name Gabriel. I very much enjoyed the story, characters, and the author’s European vernacular. Certain words cau...more
Ginger
This books was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

This is a 5 star Novella!

Just what I needed after a long tedious novel, but that is litterally another story.

I love the name Calista, she fits the name well. Sassy and independant with a unique power that any master vampire would love to have under his control. Well, having her under his control as well is just the icing on the cake.

I was a little frustrated with the 'insta love'. Yes, it is inevitable in a nove...more
A.R. Von
I got this as a birthday present from my mother in law (I know.. Shocker!) and OH what a great present it is! It seems Chris Lange knows no boundaries with what she can write and has yet to disappoint. Now that's skill :)

Calista is HOT for vampires. They are all that can get her blood moving to all the right places. But little do all of those vampires know that she is a gelder. Her skill is to suck the vamp out of vampire.

Gabriel is a Master vampire that holds many secrets and desires. He is in...more
Pam
Calista is a gelder who's main purpose is to put every vampire out of commission. Gabriel is a Master Vampire who is hot and makes Calista not want to do her job. From the moment that these two met, there has been a fire growing between them. Gabriel convinces Calista to help him defeat another Master vampire for control of the city. Chris Lange has written a very hot and sexy story. Calista is a spunky and hot lady who knows how to work her assets. Gabriel is sexy, bold, handsome, and is very a...more
Amanda Boyce
This book was a wonderful read. I really enjoyed the character of Calista, the heroine. She was a strong character who showed a lot of depth. I also enjoyed Gabriel. He is the epitome of the strong, silent Vampire, but with a hint of a softer side. The dichotomy makes for a very captivating book.

I enjoyed the length of this book, very quick read that I enjoyed on a rainy afternoon. The pace seems a little rushed in a few places, but it is a short.

All in All, wonderful work Ms. Lange. I'm lookin...more
Karen
This was a great Short-Story. I enjoyed how the love story between the two main Characters developed, It was also the hottest vampire short story I have read in a long time :-), I also love that I leading lady had some strong backbone and never showed fear at anytime to any of the Vampires. would love to see more on Gabriel and his princess just to see how things are working and how they are deal with her Human side.

Will be looking for more short stories from this Author Chris Lange
Heather andrews
Short with a whole lotta naughty my kind of book. Gabriel let's just say that boy should come visit me one night, "you smell delicious," he announced for the company to hear. His mouth brushed against her neck, softly going up to whisper in her ear, "And horny." Right off I loved the attitude but I guess the best word to describe what Calista have would be chemistry:
"I need to go home. Damn, this vampire business can prove exhausting. You know, sometimes I wonder what's in it for me."
He was...more
Rhonda
A great story. I loved the new vampire world the author introduced here. I hope there is more to come and we find out more about the gelders and vampires.

I loved the way the heroine and hero fell for each other but was leery of each other. The fact that they didn't trust each other immediately made the story that much more believable. These two, who should be natural enemies fall in love, like a modern day Romeo and Juliet. I loved it!
Maree
I loved this book. It's was so enjoying, very romantic. I loved Gabriel. He was such a cool vampire. A total must read this book is.
Kellie Harrington
This book was great take the erotic parts out and its A truly wonderful love story. I hope to read more of Chris Langs books.
Dali from TJLovesToRead
3.5 Fang-tastic stars

A searingly hot erotic romance enveloped around a very original vampire premise.

Calista, the heroine with a great name in this short story, has a very unique way of defanging vampires accessible only through intercourse. That’s correct, she needs to have sex with the vampire she intends to geld. She despises her natural born enemies, but enjoys unmanning them.
“She f*cked bloodsuckers for her own pleasure and she incapacitated them for the job.”

Gabriel lives in a vampire...more
Linda
What do you get when you bring a Master Vampire together with a Gelder? I will tell you, one hot paranormal romantic read!
Calista , a Gelder her job is to lure the vampires in , have them believe she is helpless and then use their own sexual desire against them leaving them unable to approach and touch any human with malicious intent; soif they can not feed then well, you get the idea. Unfortunately for her the last vampire she gelds runs to master Gabriel and tells him and now Gabriel wants to...more
MsRomanticReads
Rating: 3.5

It's not often that a novella of around eighteen thousand words can fit in everything from character introduction, plot, resolution and leave the reader with a sense of satisfaction. Gabriel did, or at least it was pretty damn close. Since I have never read a plot with character traits like this, this story felt fresh, and I enjoyed every second. As mentioned in the blurb, Calista is a gelder.

geld verb \ˈgeld\

: to remove the testicles of (a male animal and especially a horse or bull)....more
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Nothing like a good vampire story...or maybe there is,how about a Great Vampire Story!! Yep that's what you're going to get when you read this one!

Calista,born a Gelding and hatred for vampires.That is until she comes up against the Master Vampire Gabriel.Gabriel holds a power over her that she has never felt before with any other vampire.He brings out the passion in her she never knew she had.She hungers for him in many ways and Gabriel delivers in every way.Gabriel needs something from Calist...more
Barbara
Why so short? Whyyyyy?!

Ok..first of all. This book was kindly provided by the author. But that doesn't make this review less honest.

This one was already in my *to be read list so I happily started it. I couldn't stop reading. It was about vampires, I love vamps, and the story got hold of me so I simply couldn't put it down. Calista is a gelder (first time I've heard of one) and Gabriel is a Master Vampire. Her enemy. At first. I don't like to give much away. I'll just say, yes, it was good!

But...more
Stephanie Sims
Jun 20, 2014 Stephanie Sims rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Readers
Recommended to Stephanie by: Chris Lange
Shelves: paranormal, erotica
The author gave this ebook to me for an honest review.
Gabriel is at the top of my list in paranormal because it is different.

Calista can only get "hot" for vampires but she also hates them. While having sex she releases her gift and the vamps are unable to harm her.

The she meets the Master Vampire and falls in love. He strikes a deal with her to take out another Master Vampire and in return he will give himself to her.

This story doesn't disappoint if your looking for hot, steamy sex and a new a...more
Georgiana
I have to agree with another reviewer who wrote: "This is such a great premise, and begs for a more detailed story." Of course, that's the danger in reading a novella/short story. But if you want something quick and sexy (explicit with salty talking H - and the h is no shrinking violet either) you can give this a try. Can't put my finger on exactly why (and notwithstanding some identifiable lingo) but this has a British sensibility, to my mind. [Note: This is the first time I ever received a pro...more
Elise
Okay, this was.. just plain..

This book was just not for me.. It was too fast forward and just.. strange..

I really wanted to like this book! 'Gabriel' had some potential to be good, but it just didn't fall in my taste.
Paranormal and Ho...: Reviews 14 63 Nov 05, 2012 05:19AM
  • Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5)
  • Wild Fire (Fairy Tale Match, #1)
  • A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness, #1)
  • The Silver Cross (Vampire Nightlife, #1)
  • The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)
  • Retribution (Dominion, #3)
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • Giving Up the Ghost (13 Shades of Red, #1)
  • Bad Mouth (Immortalis, #1)
  • Vampire Next Door
  • Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • Dark Cravings (Dark, #1)
  • The Djinn's Dilemma
  • The Bronze Blade (Elemental World #2.5)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Bitten, #2)
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • Shadowbound (Shadow World, #5)

Welcome to Chris Lange's fantasy world where she lives most of the time. She loves alpha males, badass bikers, sensitive men, hot vampires, angels, demons, cowboys, cops, ghosts, knights and kings.
She's a storyteller. She writes about love, love, love, and sometimes she leaves her characters' bedroom door open.

Website: http://chrislangeauthor.wordpress.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ChrisLa...more
More about Chris Lange...
Enchained Blind to Men An Era Apart A Touch Too Much Before Him

“God, please God, touch me, inflame me, burn me, drive me insane with desire but don't let go of me, do not let go of me. - GABRIEL -” 9 likes
“Forsaking the shield of insensibility she had tightly woven over herself during her years as a gelder, she unbarred her heart. She invited him in.” 5 likes