Start by marking “Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking: 30-Minute Meals without Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Fish, Shellfish, and Sesame” as Want to Read:

A collection of 75 completely allergen-free recipes ready in 30 minutes or less, perfect for food allergic kids and busy professionals who need to get meals on the table swiftly.

Recipes for 75 everyday favorites ready in 30 minutes or less

With her acclaimed cookbooks and loyal following, Cybele Pascal has been pioneering allergy-friendly cooking for more than a decade. A
Published December 4th 2012 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking

Barb
Jan 01, 2013 Barb rated it really liked it
Shelves: hobbies
I really liked this book. So practical and helpful, even if you don't need to avoid ALL of the 8 top allergens, she tells you how to substitute BACK IN ingredients! All the recipes sounded yummy to me, so I have to get my FA daughter to look through the book and pick one or two that she'd like to try. I really appreciate the fact that as our kiddo get older, time gets greatly reduced and ruts in food become more apparent: stick to what is safe and what you know they will eat just to get them fed ...more
Mikhaela
Jan 22, 2014 Mikhaela rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, cookbooks, health
Cybele Pascal really meets the challenge of cooking for a family with multiple food allergies here! We avoid dairy, eggs, tree nuts, sesame and mustard, and the recipes in this book are free of all of those things except mustard (but I can easily just take the mustard out or avoid those particular recipes).

Can't wait to try making the allergy-free mac & "cheese" dish for my daughter, and she has lots of solutions to how to make things work/bind properly without eggs and dairy—from rice milk
Becky
Feb 15, 2013 Becky rated it it was ok
Good for those with multiple severe food allergies, esp wheat and dairy and severe soy. For just tree nuts and peanuts, I can make normal mac n cheese, etc, without 30+ ingredients to substitute for cheese and wheat. Copied about 8 of the 75 recipes and am going to put in normal dairy and wheat ingredients. Nice because some of the recipes are for things I'd only find in restaurants and would never think to make at home (thai noodles, etc), but I'm not going to go buy amino acids and whatnot jus ...more
Gail
Apr 03, 2013 Gail rated it it was ok
Even though a lot of the recipes look good, this cookbook isn't really a good fit for my family. I have a child that is allergic to pea protein and a lot of the recipes recommend using products that have pea protein in them (Daiya cheese being one) and I've been unable so far to find comparable substitutes.

I also don't have a lot of the kitchen gadgets that she recommends using to be able make these meals "easily" in 30 minutes.

I found a few recipes that I'll be trying, but overall just not a go
Marissa
Jan 10, 2015 Marissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
An actual allergy-free cookbook I can use, that's much more than just "if egg allergy, leave out egg" directions. Looking forward to trying several of these out, and can't help but trust another fan of the amazing Vidalia Chop Wizard! ;)
Anne
May 10, 2014 Anne rated it it was ok
Many traditional recipes using substitutions for allergy families. Does use things like vegan cheese, etc so not the best fit for our family's dietary needs.
JoAnna Studer
May 25, 2015 JoAnna Studer rated it really liked it
Great book for getting started cooking allergen-free. This book has a lot of the classic recipes that people with allergies miss out on. Check it out if you or someone you cook for has allergies.
Ursula
Ursula rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Katherine O Walker
Katherine O Walker rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Taida
Taida rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Mark Lucey
Mark Lucey rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
Amy Lee
Amy Lee rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2017
Lillian
Lillian rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Janyce
Janyce rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Heather Snyder
Heather Snyder rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Lissa
Lissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Tori
Tori rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2014
Susanne
Susanne rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Marcin
Marcin rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Sheri Hodge
Sheri Hodge rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Cor
Cor rated it liked it
May 30, 2012
Riki
Riki rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Michelle Long
Michelle Long rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Laura Riveros
Laura Riveros rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Cybele Pascal is the author of two bestselling cookbooks, The Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook and The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook, and has appeared on The Martha Stewart Show, the Food Network, the Today show, Good Morning America Health, PBS, and NPR. She is a leading blogger in the field with an award-winning website, and she lectures and teaches nationally. Pascal serves as a Celebrity Ambassad ...more
More about Cybele Pascal...