Start by marking “Cracking the ACT with DVD, 2013 Edition” as Want to Read:
Cracking the ACT with DVD, 2013 Edition

Cracking the ACT with DVD, 2013 Edition

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
If you need to know it, it's in this book. Cracking the ACT with DVD, 2013 Edition has everything you need to master the ACT exam, including:

•4 full-length practice tests with detailed explanations—2 in the book and 2 online
•DVD featuring tutorials from The Princeton Review’s top course instructors
•Specifics on what you need to know for all five sections of the ACT, includ
Published January 1st 2013 by Princeton Review (first published March 21st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Cracking the ACT with DVD, 2013 Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cracking the ACT with DVD, 2013 Edition

While the thought of taking tests doesn't make anyone happy, I know I feel better when I am prepared. That's where the Princeton Review came in. Cracking the ACT 2008 Edition was a wonderful source of tips and tricks. I found myself marveling at all the things I was "getting away with" while taking the test. Oftentimes I wondered if maybe I was reading an illegal book that the library had somehow gotten a hold of accidentally, because the things I were reading could not be something they'd just ...more
Noura
Mar 19, 2011 Noura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: study

There are really good sections in this book, and there are sections that only include the basics.

This book is great at strategies, since the real ACT doesn't teach you anything. And you can start from page 1 to the end to know everything about the test contests.

English section : Best part in my opinion because it has an effective strategies like the Complete, consistent, clear and concise.

Math: Good also BUT its drill questions is extremelly basic and its way more complicated in the real test.
Stacey
Apr 25, 2016 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I apparently am the DVD here :-(
Brandon Baggett
Dec 08, 2012 Brandon Baggett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: academic
This book helped me in many ways to continue to prepare for the ACTs. Out of all the books that I did use, and believe me when I said I had many, this was the most straight forward, practical book to use. I had four other books by Barron (I would be hard pushed to recommend any of them for the ACTs), a book for the reading section, and the book put out by the creators of the test (this is the other book that I would highly recommend because you get to see what the test are really like).

Sara
TPR books are great in that they can really teach you a lot and often have several practice tests in them, which I appreciate, but they can be overwhelming. I disagree with the number of strategies they expect you to maintain and use, and there are a very few that I fundamentally disagree with them preaching... but hey, if they work for some kids, that's fine.
dgw
Nov 14, 2009 dgw rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who plans to take the ACT in the 2009-2010 school year
Recommended to dgw by: msbroida
Shelves: textbook, own
I suppose it could be helpful to some students, but to be honest, I don't think it helped me that much. My score on the ACT was quite respectable, but I think most of it was just me. A month of studying this book didn't change much.

However, it is very useful for becoming familiar with the ACT's different question types.
Celeste
HAHA, it sure had some good study techniques, and helped me learn how to answer questions faster!! still have some practice tests to take in it, but i read all the sections :) And i can't rate this until i take the test and get my results back!
Em
Jun 27, 2007 Em rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
get some good sleep, take a few practice exams, and skip the books. the content is a joke. they're not testing your knowledge, they're testing your aptitude at taking a test. speed, speed, speed. this book's strategies slow you down.
Nicole
Finally finished!! Gosh the SAT review book may have been annoying, but it was more entertaining than this review. Fingers crossed that I do well tomorrow. I could already feel the pain of seating for five hours tomorrow....
Diana
They could have had more practice tests and the tips for reading and science actually made me waste more time when practicing. Sigh...
Lea
Oct 16, 2013 Lea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: test-prep
This was a decent prep book for the ACTs.
Shara Taylor
Shara Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Bethany Kifer
Bethany Kifer rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Josiah Franklin
Josiah Franklin marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Leslie
Leslie added it
Mar 03, 2016
Jenifer Taylor
Jenifer Taylor rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Ella Geller
Ella Geller rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Ben
Ben rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2015
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Star  Reeves
Star Reeves rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Jeffrey Bothel
Jeffrey Bothel rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Denise Corona
Denise Corona rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
Gary Nelson
Gary Nelson rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2015
LJPete
LJPete rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2015
sharon wright
sharon wright rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2015
Kohlis
Kohlis added it
Aug 21, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015