Titanic (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #7)

Titanic (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #7)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  849 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #17: Tonight on the Titanic,they had lots of questions. How many people were aboard the Titanic? Why weren’t there enough lifeboats for all the passengers? How did this “unsinkable” ship sink? Wh...more
Published March 28th 2012 by Random House Children's Books (first published August 1st 2002)

Lindy
It's a very good book, and I learned so much what really happened to the so called "Unsinkable" ship "Tatanic". They could have avoid the icebergs if the message was sent saying that 'icebergs ahead' was received by the wireless operator to relay it to the "bridge"......is( where the captain and his officer steer the ship). Apparently, the crow's nest (is a lookout station high above the top deck of a ship) who saw the icebergs send a message to the bridge, but the operator didn't get it,since t...more
Ashley Ott
•Non-fiction
•2002
•Summary: This is a non-fiction companion novel to the Magic tree house tonight on the companion novel. It is written for children who were inspired by the novel to learn more about the titanic. It has information about everything on the titanic from who built it, to when it hit the iceberg, to discovering the wreckage.
•Evaluation: This book is very informative, however it has a lot of information in it. I would recommend it for fourth or fifth graders who are doing a research...more
Sandy
In this clear, easy-to-read non-fictional book about the Titanic, the facts are consistent with other informational books I read about the Titanic, and it even goes into more depth than many other books. It is rather lengthy, so I imagine that some young readers would lose interest before reading through the entire book. The illustrations are both drawings and actual photographs of the ship itself and a few of the rare photographs of people. At the end of the book, there are pages listing books,...more
Nevada Libert
this is a good book, i love how they taught about the titanic and the tragic things that happened to that ship, i love how people honer the titanic. i think that this book is a nice book to learn about fun facts. and to see what the titanic was about.
Jadika
IT was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good adn i think you should read it it feels like you are in the book like you are thare with them
Brooke
Magic Tree House books are a wonderful way to start introduce a topic to students. I used to love learning about Titanic growing up. I read the Magic Tree House: Tonight on the Titanic, many years ago. So, I found it interesting to read the factual book on the Titanic now! I wish we had access to these books as kids. I learned a lot from her fiction books, but if paired with the nonfiction book, it would have truly expanded my perception of the event!

This is a great book for students! It is an e...more
Dolly
May 15, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an informative book about the Titanic ship and disaster. It seemed a bit long to us, even for a research guide, and I think our girls lost interest towards the end, but it was a good reference for information. I think these Magic Tree House Research Guides are great for elementary school-age children, especially if they are doing a report or want to learn more about a topic.
Allison
Perfect for reluctant readers! My Tier three 5th and 6th graders loved it!
Ky
The gang is at it again. This series is one of many historical fiction books that researches facts about a historical event. There are some drawn pictures as well as some actual pictures of the Titanic. It is on a third grade reading level and has a great mixture of pictures and text. As the story progresses the gang gives bits of actual information to enhance the comprehension of events.
Twyla
Jack and Annie were talking about the Titanic. They said it hit an iceberg and it sunk. If four units were flooded the boat could still float, but not with six. SO the Titanic sunk. SOme of the people had gone onto a ship that was close. Not all of them could get on the ship; some had to go underwater with the ship, the Titanic. 706 people were on the other ship. - Auryn 7 years old.
Mindee
My daughter loves the Magic Tree House Research Guide Books. They are nonfiction fact books that correlate with the magic tree house fiction books. You don't have to read them together. Anyway, I find them fascinating. We loved the Titanic book. We read it before we went to see a Titanic exhibit. The research guide book on America is another good one.
Tia
This is perfect for a child doing a report. I even learned some things that were not included in books for adults about the Titanic. Sometimes the simple things have the most impact! The simple, plain, concise facts here give you a great idea of what it was like for the passengers and the drawings, pictures, and illustrations were very helpful.
Heather Edrington
This is a great book for teaching about the Titanic. It has information leading up to the voyage such as, the size of the ship, passengers, and how it looked. Te book describes how people would have spent their time on the ship and then what went wrong. It is great for children who are interested in this part of history.
Lauren Fern
The epic events of the Titanic has always been something of interest with me. This is a great non-fiction that is very easy to read. There are many facts about how the ship was built. We've all seen the movie Titanic so it was informative to read a text that provided a lot of information behind the movie.
Becky
I thought this book was extremely informative and written at a level for kids to understand. The pictures and drawings were done extremely well. This is a great companion book to "Tonight on the Titanic", the Magic Treehouse fiction story.
Britney
As a kid growing up and having a big interest in Titanic - which still exists to this day- this was one of my favorite books to read about on the topic. I would definitely recommend this to any kid who has a spark of interest in the ship of dreams.
Heaven
This book is great and full of information. I got it as a present along with the normal Magic tree house book. It was the best, I loved learning about the titanic. It inspired me to go to Exploration place when they had they big Titanic exhibit.
Marlee
This book was informative and interesting. My children felt it to be really sad, but that was the topic and not because of the book itself. The information was presented simply and could be understood by very young children.
Desiree Rule
I really like that this book is non-fiction, so students can actually learn about facts while also being entertained. I think this book would be great to have in the classroom. I recommend it for 2nd-5th grade.
Michelle
A fanstanic mystery storybook for kids to enjoy the ship and stories of the Titanic from over a hundred years ago! My son loves these series and enjoyed learning about Titanic in a different way!
slcc137
I am very interested in learning about the Titanic and books about them. This is a really good book about the Titanic. I recommend this book if you want to learn about the Titanic!
Angela
titanic three football feilds long about eleven story high building, and the titanic when it was found was 2,000 miles apart from eachother when it sunk and broke.
Mackenzie
Tells about the Titanic, before it crashed,when it was sinking and after.Not bad especially for a childrens book, about the ture history of the Titanic.
Kristi Bell
I really thought this book was informative and well-written on a elementary level. I learned some facts that I didn't even know as an adult.
Sydney
when the Titanic was sinking the orchestra played music to calm down the passengers.when it finally sinked none of the orchestra players survived.
Alison Buchter
Read this with my 8 year old daughter. It inspired her to do a book report for school that wasn't even required! Great GREAT book!
Gray
This is a research book. It teaches you about the Titanic. The Argo went down to see the Titanic that sank on the sea bed.
Blaine Nielsen
This book tells a lot about the Titanic how it was built what you could do on board and how it sank and how they found it.
Theresa
how they found the information a look at the titanic and the history of the great disaster
  • Ancient Rome and Pompeii (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #14)
Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2) Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1) Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3) Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4) Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)