Start by marking “Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  18 reviews
What do you do if you want a marriage that doesn’t just survive, but thrives? That doesn’t just begin romantically but ends magnificently?

Answer: You do something different.

You’ve seen marriages fail time and again. Even relationships you thought were bulletproof don’t last–or maybe worse—fade away to a cold, gray lovelessness. It’s no wonder that for today’s generation, “
Published December 14th 2011 by Multnomah Books (first published August 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After

Brent Soderstrum
I recieved this book free from the Goodreads giveaway.

I have been married before and if I get married again I would like to do it God's way this time. Groeschel starts out the book by saying that Jesus needs to be #1 for both you and your future wife or there will be problems which you won't be able to handle well. Your future spouse needs to be #2 ahead of kids, job, friends, family etc.

Groeshel covers dating and physical intimacy which certainly bucks the trend of society which is to get as mu
Andrew
In Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After, Craig Groeschel teaches readers the importance of maintaining a healthy marriage that lasts. The book was previously published as Going All The Way. He encouraged readers to get closer to God and to receive God’s love. We can’t give away true love to our spouse if we don’t love ourselves completely. He also pointed out that he doesn’t believe that there is only one person out there for you. It’s impossible to meet every single person in the world. It’s our f ...more
James
Are you married? Would you like to be married? Still looking for ‘the One’?

In Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After: Preparing for a Marriage that goes the Distance (previously titled Going All the Way), Craig Groeschel discusses how you can you can make love last forever . Groeschel’s first point is that ‘the One’ you are looking for is not a romantic interest but Jesus (see what he did there?). Your spouse would be your ‘number two’ He then goes on to discuss the dynamics and the personal commitme
Jess Wigal
I really enjoyed Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After by Craig Groeschel. I read 209 pages almost nonstop in 2 days. The information was basically everything I had learned in church growing up and in premarital counseling. The only difference was it was coming from a guy who had been there, done that, and survived. It doesn't sound as preachy when it comes from someone who's been there done that.

My only complaint about the book was that Groeschel spent too much time focusing on singles that are no
Jason Sandefer
Craig Groeschel doesn't hide behind an "I've got it all together, so let me tell you the answers," facade. That's what I like about his style. He is honest enough to say, "I'm sorry to say we compromised...Eventually we crossed some physical boundaries, never 'going all the way,' but we definitely went too far." He takes an honest look at some really tough (and some wildly unpopular topics) that most couples choose to gloss over or ignore completely.

The most dangerous thing for most couples is t
Kristy
CRAIG GROESCHEL

With an invigorating mix of personal story, practical guidance and biblical truth, Craig invites you into a candid conversation about first dates, sex, communication, integrity, forgiveness, and commitment. Along the way, he shows how you can build a soul-enriching, God-honoring relationship with the one you love…and believe together again in your very own “happily ever after.”

Previously released as Going All the Way

I have seen Craig Groeschels’ on
Henk-Jan van der Klis
We’re designed to go all the way, to really live happily ever after as married couples. Young adults perceive pain, fear, cheating, adultery and divorce as “normal”, because of failing relationships among friends and family. Craig Groeschel, founding and senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv, recently ranked the nation’s second largest, wrote provoking books like Chazown, Dare to Drop the Pose and The Christian Atheist (reviewed in 2011).
He strives to put the bar on the highest possible position. Just
Jennifer Short
In the book "Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After", Craig Groeschel presents ideas for singles to help them achieve the marriage they have always dreamed of -- before it starts. For instance, he points out if you are constantly attracting the wrong kind of person, it could be you are putting out the wrong kind of signals. He mentions you should make a list of what qualities you want in a future spouse, once you are done with the list, work on those areas in your own life. After all, should you expe ...more
Mara Kim
I have seen so many marriages fall apart. I believe much as to do with not being prepared to be married. It's not always fun and games. The honeymoon will wear off.

Craig Groeschel makes an important point. You must find the One before you can find your Two. Jesus must be the center of your life. God first and then spouse second. This may not make you very popular but it will attract the right person into your life. Craig is able to keep your attention by sharing his personal stories along the wa
Jodi Boulier
Craig Groeschel did a great job writing this book!!! The title says it all. If you have a marriage it takes two to complete it. Being happy and finding what works best and how to make the changes for a happy marriage is well written.
After being widowed, I never thought I would love again as I did with my late husband. The emotions and thoughts of little things that make a marriage work ran through my head. I did find love again, and I found a lot of principles in this book that would have helpe
This is an excellent book especially for young adults who may just be entering college or entering the dating scene. I had initially wanted to read this book because I recently got married and I am interested in reading books about marriage. I wish I had read this book when I was in college!

It is important to recognize that when you are dating, you are looking for a potential life partner. This can be easily forgotten once sex enters the relationship and we can begin to veer off course. Craig Gr
Erik
Concise and practical guide on approaching marriage for Christians. It's very simple to read but I think the wisdom supported by scripture is invaluable. Will read again.
Michelle Bodle
I've been reading quite a few books lately about relationships and marriage and this one is not among the best by any stretch. Extreme conservative.
Candi Smith
Feb 10, 2013 Candi Smith rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
Overall, I enjoyed this book. It gave some good advice on multiple relationship issues. The only thing negative that I have to say is that it may be too religious for some people who are not Christian. I myself, am not necessarily a Christian, but it did not bother me because of my beliefs. It does slightly force the Christian ideal on those reading it, but they do not have to read it if that bothers them. I would recommend it to Christians, especially those in a serious relationship or looking ...more
Melissa
Sep 14, 2011 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone in a relationship
Recommended to Melissa by: Goodreads book giveaway
I liked the book. Great advice in it. As with any book that works on relationships, I took what would work for me and my spouse out of it, and left the rest. I think anyone who is in any relationship can find something in this book that fits their relationship. Even if their relationship doesn't have any problems. But, let's face it, every relationship has problems, big or small.
Chad
I enjoyed this book and the message(s) that Mr. Groeschel presented. This book is written for a certain audience. This is a great book for individuals that are single and looking at marriage in future. I won this book through the Goodreads giveaway program. What a great giveaway program!
Janet
Groeshel is an easy read, and makes his points well. The humor helps. What I'm seeing so far is a really good book to read before marriage, and one to look at after.
Ash Srinivas
A really great book for everyone, regardless of whether you're in a relationship right now, want to be married, don't even know if or when you want to get married.
Kelsey Evans
Kelsey Evans marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Trinity
Trinity marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Correy Scally
Correy Scally marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Nali
Nali marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Bbrowski
Bbrowski marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Miranda Russell
Miranda Russell marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Good book...but be careful 1 4 Aug 12, 2011 09:27AM
  • Generation NeXt Marriage: The Couple's Guide to Keeping It Together
  • Every Man's Marriage: An Every Man's Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman
  • Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire (The Every Man Series)
  • How to Act Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong (Indispensable Guides for Godly Living)
  • How We Love: Discover Your Love Style, Enhance Your Marriage
  • Out of a Far Country: A Gay Son's Journey to God. A Broken Mother's Search for Hope.
  • What Are You Waiting For?: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex
  • When Bad Christians Happen to Good People: Where We Have Failed Each Other and How to Reverse the Damage
  • How We Love Our Kids: The Five Love Styles of Parenting
  • To Be Perfectly Honest: One Man's Year of Almost Living Truthfully Could Change Your Life. No Lie.
  • Love as a Way of Life: Seven Keys to Transforming Every Aspect of Your Life
  • Fierce Beauty: Choosing to Stand for What Matters Most
  • Love and War: Finding the Marriage You've Dreamed Of
  • What Women Don't Know (and Men Don't Tell You): The Unspoken Rules of Finding Lasting Love
  • A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God
  • Raised Right: How I Untangled My Faith from Politics
  • Unfashionable: Making a Difference in the World by Being Different
  • Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity
Craig Groeschel (born December 2, 1967) is the founder and senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv, a church with thirteen locations in six states. He is married with six children and lives in Edmond, Oklahoma, a suburb of Oklahoma City, where LifeChurch.tv is based.

Groeschel was born in Houston, Texas and grew up in southern Oklahoma, attending Ardmore High School. He attended Oklahoma City University, a
More about Craig Groeschel...
The Christian Atheist: Believing in God But Living as If He Doesn't Exist Weird: Because Normal Isn T Working Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are

“Being involved and being committed are miles apart. In our world today, most people are relationally involved, but few are truly committed.” 0 likes